NUFC bid 50 million Swedish Kronor for Sebastian Larsson!

bassplayerjj

http://nufcblog.com/2008/06/09/newcastle-n...ian-larssonuse/

News from Swedish reader Erik, has alerted us that Newcastle have submitted a £4M bid for 23 year-old Swedish midfielder Sebastian Larsson.

Sebastian Larsson - played for Birmingham last two seasons

One of Sweden’ss biggest football sites, fotbollskanalen.se, is suggesting that Newcastle United have bid 50 million Swedish Kronor (about £4M) for Birmingham City’s Sebastian Larsson today.

Larsson just turned 23 on June 6th and Larsson’s agent has confirmed that he has been in contact with Newcastle.

A regular member of the Arsenal Under-19 team in 2003/2004, Sebastian Larsson occasionally lined up for the Arsenal Reserve side in 2004/2005.

Larsson played three times for Arsenal in the Carling Cup during 2004/2005 and made a further nine appearances in the 2005/2006 season.

In August 2006, Sebastian moved to Birmingham City on a season-long loan and the switch proved to be the making of the youngster.

He has played 78 times for Birmingham in the last two years scoring 10 goals and has played 12 times for the Sweden Under-21 side and 4 times for the full Sweden side.

This is a breaking story and we’ll report more as we hear new news.

-------

Can score a cracker every now and then?!

No way Villa would part with Larsson for that kind of money.

Aerially the guy is up there withthe best.

Why any toon would turn their nose up is beyond me.

Even though he plays for Birmingham?

:icon_lol:

I would welcome this move.

Yeah the fact that ones a Dane and the other is Swedish too!

I don't think he's any better than the players we have in our squad at the moment (and I don't think much of those). He lacks the pace to be top player and I'm sure we could attract better.

I must say though I am getting a bit concerned with what Ashley's game plan is for us, I know there's not much concrete evidence yet (and the one confirmation we do have is a very promissing bid for Modric) but it's looking like we're trying to do things on the cheap and that Keegan isn't going to get anywhere near the money that was predicted. And I don't think he's good enough at the other parts of the game to really progress us without it.

To be honest we need some squad players, Seb Larsson would fit in to that while pushing for a first team spot. He might not be a top end player but every team needs some half decent squad players and he's really not 'that' bad.

ha ha maybe I should read the post before commenting.

You are right, you can do better :P

I hear all the talks on the Spurs forums is that Anton Ferdinand is signing for you, surely you can do better :icon_lol:

I am also hearing this. I hope it is not the case.

Sebastian Larsson could be a useful addition to our squad. Last season he was one of the best free kick takers in the PL and he's a hard-working player who's good on the ball. Hopefully he'll get to play tonight, he fights for the place at Sweden's right midfield with Deportivo La Coruna's Christian Wilhelmsson.

I'm a little concerned that people think that EVERY player that joins us should be instantly a first team regular of very high quality. Larsson might not fit in to everyone's idea of what we need but I think people are forgetting how small and frail our squad is, we NEED decent squad players and Larsson would certainly fit in to that category. We need padding out with some serious depth, we've had a thin squad for so long now it just seems to get smaller by the year or just about break even with a few years back when we ditched a fair number of our players and didn't replace them. I'd be happy with signing Larsson, I don't see why so many players transfers to us are written off so quickly because a good few of them could probably do a job for us.

I'm a little concerned that people think that EVERY player that joins us should be instantly a first team regular of very high quality. Larsson might not fit in to everyone's idea of what we need but I think people are forgetting how small and frail our squad is, we NEED decent squad players and Larsson would certainly fit in to that category. We need padding out with some serious depth, we've had a thin squad for so long now it just seems to get smaller by the year or just about break even with a few years back when we ditched a fair number of our players and didn't replace them. I'd be happy with signing Larsson, I don't see why so many players transfers to us are written off so quickly because a good few of them could probably do a job for us.

This is all well and good if you already have a (or at least the majority of) first team in place. We simply don't and therefore need Keegan to concentrate on that.

ha ha maybe I should read the post before commenting.

You are right, you can do better :wub:

I hear all the talks on the Spurs forums is that Anton Ferdinand is signing for you, surely you can do better :)

I am also hearing this. I hope it is not the case.

Ferdinand to Spurs cast iron apparently. <_<