"The Sir John Hall Stand"

LeazesMag

with the re-housing of fans in the stadium etc, and the old regime gone, has the time came to change the names of the stands back to what they always were ?

Call it the Leazes End. It always will be to people like me anyway.

Gallowgate End.

No objections to the Milburn Stand, in honour of a great player synonomous with the clubs history.

No problem with the east stand.

If anybody should have a section of the ground named after them, it should be Keegan, one day, who has been the major influence on this club and its fortunes since 1982.

Oh, and Mike Ashley, take down that bloody Sports Direct.com badge on the top of the GALLOWGATE roof and put the club badge back.

Edited by LeazesMag

I've always called them that to be honest, I was brought up with them being called that in front of me and it just stuck. They've changed the name of the Gallowgate like it's going out of fashion so presumed it was easier to stick to that anyway!

I've always called them that to be honest, I was brought up with them being called that in front of me and it just stuck. They've changed the name of the Gallowgate like it's going out of fashion so presumed it was easier to stick to that anyway!

same here, but it just slightly bugs me that the official title is the SJH, there was no need to change it in the first place.

His ego trip is over.

with the re-housing of fans in the stadium etc, and the old regime gone, has the time came to change the names of the stands back to what they always were ?

Gallowgate End.

No objections to the Milburn Stand, in honour of a great player synonomous with the clubs history.

If anybody should have a section of the ground named after them, it should be Keegan, one day, who has been the major influence on this club and its fortunes since 1982.

Oh, and Mike Ashley, take down that bloody Sports Direct.com badge on the top of the GALLOWGATE roof and put the club badge back.

I thought the club badge was on the Leazes end when it was lower. Never seen it on the Gallowgate End after the redevelopment.

His ego trip is over.

I would have said that the one person who did deserve it was SJH, hes the man responsible for everything we see today, at the same time hes also the man who appointed Fat Fred so burn it down, burn it I say!

:lol:

I thought people just called them leazes, gallowgate anyway?

no, they call ME Leazes :lol:

have to change your name to Sir John Hall I guess

Gallowgate End.

I thought the club badge was on the Leazes end when it was lower. Never seen it on the Gallowgate End after the redevelopment.

Spot on Sima.... doesn't justify the Sports Direct badge in any way though - it should be the club badge up there.

Gallowgate End.

Spot on Sima.... doesn't justify the Sports Direct badge in any way though - it should be the club badge up there.

what used to be on the top of the Gallowgate roof then ?

Can't remember, was it blank ?

Can't see the Leazes roof as I'm underneath it :lol:

I posted this btw when Leazes made the same topic over on N-O.

I definitely think Keegan needs something naming after him once he's called it a day with us, most definitely. As the man has meant so much to this club over the years, if there's anyone who deserves it, then it's him.

I also don't get why many people say The East Stand should be re-named after Sir Bobby, yes fair enough he worked wonders during some periods of his time here, but there's people who are more deserving who have been involved with us over the years. Someone like Joe Harvey for example.

His ego trip is over.

I would have said that the one person who did deserve it was SJH, hes the man responsible for everything we see today, at the same time hes also the man who appointed Fat Fred so burn it down, burn it I say!

:lol:

reckon he's just as guilty as anyone for spouting hot air and shite mate. For some reason he gets away with it though.

Our best period on the pitch was Keegan mark 1, and HE was chosen by Fletcher, Shepherd and Hall Jnr. SJH didn't want him, he got lucky.

He also as major shareholder was responsible for floating the club which lost Keegan. From the start, he didn't want to be chairman. He led the magpie group and found himself in the hot seat, tried to float the club in 1991 but nobody was interested so took a back seat and it was only his financial stake that led to him going back again ie the club was close to folding.

He buggered off and took the money for doing fuck all on a day to day basis for a decade, only overseeing the big decisions. Nice if you can get it I suppose. But in my opinion, he led all of us down the garden path, spouting all this Geordie Nation and Sporting club of Newcastle bollocks, and didn't really give a toss other than intending to get out when it suited him.

I still think Shepherd was used as a fall guy at times by The Halls for some of the decisions, yes he may not have done himself any favours at times with some of the things he came out with, but that was just the impression I've got from the outside. I don't think he wanted to sack SBR either.

I know it's miniscule by comparison, but Joe Harvey had the first restaurant in the Milburn stand named after him. Shearer has obviously got the bar named after him and of course Milburn has the main stand named in his honour.

As for who else is deserving of it. Well what about Hughie Gallagher or Stan Seymour (i'm talking Snr, not Jnr before you start having kittens LM ;))

As for what was on the roof of the Gallowgate, nothing as far as I can recall. The crest was on the Leazes End and of course 'Newcastle United' has been on the roof of the East Stand since the mid 90s. The Gallowgate was always blank as far as I can recall (although I can't say for certain as that's the stand I used to be in! :lol: )

I know it's miniscule by comparison, but Joe Harvey had the first restaurant in the Milburn stand named after him. Shearer has obviously got the bar named after him and of course Milburn has the main stand named in his honour.

As for who else is deserving of it. Well what about Hughie Gallagher or Stan Seymour (i'm talking Snr, not Jnr before you start having kittens LM ;))

As for what was on the roof of the Gallowgate, nothing as far as I can recall. The crest was on the Leazes End and of course 'Newcastle United' has been on the roof of the East Stand since the mid 90s. The Gallowgate was always blank as far as I can recall (although I can't say for certain as that's the stand I used to be in! :lol: )

you might be right, like I said I can't remember, it was noticing the sports direct logo and thinking that it looks tacky and shite and wondering what had went before that I hadn't really noticed.

There are a canny few people quite deserving of having things named after them. But Seymour is a long time ago now, and anyway, anything noteworthy of Seymour Snr was outdone by his cretin of a son who sat alongside McKeag etc as holding the club back for decades. So basically, they can go and fuck themselves.

Ask yourself something. If you were the major shareholder/owner of the club, whatever, would YOU do something, so self important and pompous as name a stand after yourself, or allow someone else to do it ?

No I wouldn't.. and at the time I felt it wasn't right.

Out of interest, wasn't the East Stand named after one of the Freddys around the same time? Can't remember which one for the life of me.

Whilst I agree with you about what Seymour Snr and McKeag did, i also believe that if they hadn't left the club in the state they had, there would have been the opportunity for SJH and Keegan to come along and do what they did.

Everything happens for a reason...

Out of interest, wasn't the East Stand named after one of the Freddys around the same time ? Can't remember which one for the life of me.

Whilst I agree with you about what Seymour Snr and McKeag did, i also believe that if they hadn't left the club in the state they had, there would have been the opportunity for SJH and Keegan to come along and do what they did.

news to me that !!! :lol:

Malcolm Dix is the bloke who campaigned for years to get rid of the Mckeag and seymour clan, not suggesting he should have a stand named after him, but he deserves a lot of credit. He didn't have the clout or the contacts though and recruited Sir John into his camp. To be honest, I know that SJH did well for the club, but I think he was only in it for the money, got lucky, and I think he was a complete bullshitter as well.

coool lets rename Germany Adolfland then :lol:

Out of interest, wasn't the East Stand named after one of the Freddys around the same time ? Can't remember which one for the life of me.

news to me that !!! :lol:

Malcolm Dix is the bloke who campaigned for years to get rid of the Mckeag and seymour clan, not suggesting he should have a stand named after him, but he deserves a lot of credit. He didn't have the clout or the contacts though and recruited Sir John into his camp. To be honest, I know that SJH did well for the club, but I think he was only in it for the money, got lucky, and I think he was a complete bullshitter as well.

Without a shadow of a doubt... you could tell that after the Swindon home game when Keegan walked out - he was totally at a loss and bricking it...

coool lets rename Germany Adolfland then ;)

stop twisting my point you pedantic fucker... :lol: