Keegan will try to tempt Lennon

Scottish Mag

As someone says. He might be no better than Milner. He has pace, which we need, but still can't cross the ball.

A few spurs mates have told me he's an utter prick in the dressing room too. Spurs fans don't seem too bothered about losing him either.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been crying out for some more pace in the team for some time now, it has to be said. I quite like Lennon as well. Lack of end product is a problem though.

This "lack of end product" malarky sounds too like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Perfect players are very rare.

I wouldn't mind someone like Lennon who might disappoint with his end product often enough, but who can make up for it with other attributes. He'll generally unsettle defences with his pace and win freekicks with his dribblings that only can get stopped by foul.

Yep.

Bellamy and Dyer (at his best) had no end product at all, but their pace scared the shit out of defences and made a lot of space for Shearer. Owen would benefit from those kinds of clever runs from the likes of Lennon.

In fairness it does take a lot more skill to make up for a lack of pace than it does pace to make up for a lack of skill, and it keep the opposition on the back foot, especially if you've then got pacey players to move with them (Martins) and/or clever players to take advantage of it (Owen, Viduka) - Robson's team, of course, had both.

I'd still be hoping we'd be able to go a tad higher in filling some other positions though.

On that, I'm just up to the chapter in SBR's biography where he is talking about Dyer and how he had nothing but pace and an average 5m pass and how important he was to the team.

I never rated Dyer but compared to the pedestrian midfield we've had to watch since SBR was sacked, I'd be enthused if we had a player that was pace and a 5m pass tbh.

I was just wondering if we should make an approach to Dwain Chambers myself. :lol:

I was just wondering if we should make an approach to Dwain Chambers myself. :blush:

Can't pass even 5m.

Can't pass a drugs test :lol:

I was just wondering if we should make an approach to Dwain Chambers myself. :lol:

Can't pass even 5m.

Would he pass the drugs test though? :blush:

Until they start doping the officials to catch him we'll never know. :D

Can't pass even 5m.

Would he pass the drugs test though? :blush:

Until they start doping the officials to catch him we'll never know. :D

:P

Quiet man, they won the league cup :lol:

He's just another Torres in disguise tbh.

I know man.

It's just the general Spurs fan these days. They have spent so long in Arsenal's shadow (and they still are) that winning a League Cup is like winning the Champions League final 8-0 against Brazil :blush:

I know man.

It's just the general Spurs fan these days. They have spent so long in Arsenal's shadow (and they still are) that winning a League Cup is like winning the Champions League final 8-0 against Brazil :blush:

It would be the same for us tbh

I know man.

It would be the same for us tbh

Man U won the league this season.

And we've won the Intertoto cup and it didn't go to our heads. :P:D

Toon Open To Offers For Duff?

By Nu Mad Monday, 30th June 2008

Reports today suggest Kevin Keegan's hopes of signing Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon depends on the future of Damien Duff.

Duff is said to want a return to London, but the only interest he has had has been from Sunderland, and KK is not too happy passing on one of his star players to the "Old Enemy".

Article continues below

According to The People, Tottenham have slapped a £10 million price-tag on Lennon, and that is out of Keegan's price range ... but, of course, it depends what he gets for Duff.

Toon Open To Offers For Duff?

By Nu Mad Monday, 30th June 2008

Reports today suggest Kevin Keegan's hopes of signing Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon depends on the future of Damien Duff.

Duff is said to want a return to London, but the only interest he has had has been from Sunderland, and KK is not too happy passing on one of his star players to the "Old Enemy".

Article continues below

According to The People, Tottenham have slapped a £10 million price-tag on Lennon, and that is out of Keegan's price range ... but, of course, it depends what he gets for Duff.

Bolded #1 = :D :D

Bolded #2 = <_<:)

Guest alex
Who or what is Nu Mad Monday?

:rolleyes:

The site is called Nu mad. Today is Monday.

Sounds like a reliable source that.