Wimbledon

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Betfred

The main and perhaps only semi-realistic hope of someone new winning it is Murray. Lump on.

Djokovic hasn't won it either. Better chance than Murray imo. I've had a little nibble myself like. Really fancy another Nadal v Federer final tbh.

If all four get through to the quarters will it be Federer V Djokovic and Nadal V Murray?

I havent seen the standings or how it'll pan out yet

Aye, no.2 seed v3 & 1v4 respectively.

Edit: Federer's no.3 actually this year but the same applies re: the line-ups.

If that's the case, I can see a Nadal/Djokovic final, unless Federer pulls out his miraculous grass court form, because he hasn't hit the heights he's used to unfortunately, he's such a magical player when in top form

I would agree until he hit those heights against Djokovic at the French recently.

On current form and taking all things into consideration, I reckon Djokovic could take him like, his form's been class, although as you said Federer has hit the heights recently but just seems a bit inconsistent lately.

Although the Wimbledon factor could play a part, as Federer usually loves playing here

Betfred

The main and perhaps only semi-realistic hope of someone new winning it is Murray. Lump on.

Djokovic hasn't won it either. Better chance than Murray imo. I've had a little nibble myself like. Really fancy another Nadal v Federer final tbh.

If all four get through to the quarters will it be Federer V Djokovic and Nadal V Murray?

I havent seen the standings or how it'll pan out yet

Aye, no.2 seed v3 & 1v4 respectively.

Edit: Federer's no.3 actually this year but the same applies re: the line-ups.

If that's the case, I can see a Nadal/Djokovic final, unless Federer pulls out his miraculous grass court form, because he hasn't hit the heights he's used to unfortunately, he's such a magical player when in top form

I would agree until he hit those heights against Djokovic at the French recently.

On current form and taking all things into consideration, I reckon Djokovic could take him like, his form's been class, although as you said Federer has hit the heights recently but just seems a bit inconsistent lately.

Although the Wimbledon factor could play a part, as Federer usually loves playing here

Oh aye, it's by no means daft to say Djokovic has a great chance. All I meant was that Federer beating him and playing so well against him on clay recently (especially after the clay season Djokovic had had) suggests Federer is in great nick. He's definitely not the player he was though.

Scottish ace Andy Murray will skirt Lawn Tennis Association rules by playing at Wimbledon in a knee-length white kilt.

And the Queen’s champion had planned to say ‘balls’ to British tennis’ governing body by going ‘fully Scottish’ and passing on his underwear.

But an eleventh-hour appeal to Murray’s mother Judy will spare centre court crowds their most uncomfortable viewing since Sir Cliff Richard performed his hits in the rain in 1996.

There is nothing in the rules preventing Murray from wearing a skirt, a loophole which arose when the LTA altered the wording of their guidelines to avoid gender discrimination.

And we understand there was reluctance to challenge the UK’s top player over his lack of briefs for fear Murray would also claim discrimination, despite disquiet from the sport’s top administrators.

LTA officials were conscious that tradition dictates that a Scotsman should be free and unhindered underneath his kilt.

But a quiet word to Murray’s mum Judy will at least spare Wimbledon organisers a potential indecency storm.

Mrs Murray threatened to ground Andy for a month over the underpants row, which would have ruled the Wimbledon hopeful out for the remainder of the grass court season.

• 2 weeks later...

Woo. I put a £10 on The Djok to win at the start of the tourny.

Its mental to think he has only lost 1 match this season and has beaten Nadal the last 5 meetins.

Del Potra is going to get in the mix as well soon. He looked dynamite v Nadal earlier on. Not fit though apparently.

Murray will yet again get outclassed against the big boys and will never win a major.