Privatise the NHS

ChezGiven

It was your example, if you didn't want it included then you shouldn't have mentioned it. :(

No, it wasn't. Definately getting into Leazes territory now, which is a shame, I thought you had a bit more about you.

:(

Can I ask why?

Because I had an impression he had an IQ aproaching the 3 figure range?

Anyway HF, I have to say I love 'discussing' things with you in comparison, even when you're utterly wrong. ;)

Can you make the Wigan match?

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was your example, if you didn't want it included then you shouldn't have mentioned it. :D

No, it wasn't. Definately getting into Leazes territory now, which is a shame, I thought you had a bit more about you.

Can I ask why?

Anyway HF, I have to say I love 'discussing' things with you in comparison, even when you're utterly wrong. ;)

As Voltaire said “It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.” I understand the desire to conform. :(

I'll be at the Wigan game, I might pop along for a pint for once aye, I think my brother's meeting some N-Oers up there.

Edited by Happy Face

It was your example, if you didn't want it included then you shouldn't have mentioned it. :(

I'm afraid it was. You should learn to choose your examples more carefully in future. :icon_lol:

No, it wasn't my example though. You are clearly uneducated regarding the common cold and flu, and unable to learn the difference.

Frankly, you strike me as a bit of a cretin now, I really hope you take some solace in the Universe you have created for yourself. Regardless, I'll reserve my energies for people who have half a brain cell (at least); good luck you utter saddo. ;)

Ah... insults the sure sign of the thoroughly beaten. :D

Again if you didn't want to use flu as and example you shouldn't have used it (clearly you had no club about the vaccine though, so I guess you thought it was a good one). :(

Please come again. :D

It was your example, if you didn't want it included then you shouldn't have mentioned it. :D

Can I ask why?

As Voltaire said “It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.” I understand the desire to conform. :(

I'll be at the Wigan game, I might pop along for a pint for once aye, I think my brother's meeting some N-Oers up there.

Conformity is domain of cowards and sheep. :D

Of course they are comparable, it was one of YOUR examples. :aye:

Piss myself laughing indeed. I've just realised you are confusing the common cold with influenza. Oh dear, you really are utterly clueless. B)

Nope you mentioned flu along with the "common cold", like I said your example. :(

The common cold is caused by rhinoviruses, coronaviruses, adenoviruses, influenza viruses etc, all of which have dozens of subtypes constantly mutating, which is why vaccination is not feasible. Iirc the HIV virus mutates even more rapidly, and of course affects the immune system itself, so its not surprising vaccination is likely to be next to impossible and frankly not worth wasting money on.

And yet there they are wasting money on it. ;)

The influenza virus can cause cold like symptoms in its milder form, clinically they can be impossible to distinguish. It occurs in less than 10% of colds though, so vaccination against flu is very unlikely to protect against the cold. What vaccination against influenza will do is protect against full blown flu however, you would know the difference if you have ever had it. It's a much easier target for vaccination. There is no comparison with it and HIV though, the fact you don't know this highlights your ignorance. :rolleyes:

Yes, of course the it's so easy to vaccinate against that they've had to redevelop specific strain vaccines each and every year. :pmsl: (make you wonder why they bothered, eh? :D)

The universal vaccine (if it works) breaks that cycle.

Like I said your own example and yet here we are (I guess you were as ignorant about that vaccine as you seem to be about everything else in this area. :D ).

So again a HIV vaccine will appear eventually, and probably when it's deemed worthwhile $$$'s-wise. :aye:

Fop, you're the ignorant one, not me. I've written peer-reviewed clinical guidance on the management of the common cold and influenza, what have you done? Oh, that's right, you won't say. But clearly the fact you don't know the difference between them speaks volumes. There will NEVER be a vaccine for the common cold, at least not a vaccine as we know it, its as simple as that. Influenza is a doddle in comparison.

Oh, did you know that the average adult gets 2-4 colds a year (double this for children)? Can you imagine the profits that would be made with proper treatment, let alone a vaccine? It's obvious if it could be done it would.

Regarding HIV, I am no expert at all, but from what I understand its rate of mutation, and the fact it uniquely attacks the very cells that usually protect us, precludes the development of a vaccine as we know it again. It's been tried, and failed miserably. It has the greatest brains in the field stumped, but incredibly, you are arrogant enough to know different. :pmsl:

And yet you still seemingly didn't know about the universal flu vaccine (desipite using flu as an example of something there's never be a overall vaccine to combat. :icon_lol:

Yes clearly you're no expert on HIV, Flu or much else, but like Flu eventually there will be a "vaccine", even if it goes about thing in different ways or ways that haven't currently been thought about. :aye:

Your idea that (public moneyed research, at least) just "gives up" if it's difficult and not immediately profitable is spurious, although your right about private research...... but then that IS what this is all about really.

How can you be so wrong? :aye:

I suspect no-one on here is an expert on immunology or vaccination. Speaking personally, iIm a generalist who deals in evidence based medicine and I come from a medical/biological background. What about yourself?

For the last time, I never talked about influenza vaccination, I discussed vaccinations for the common cold. The fact that you are too thick to realise that , and that you keep repeating the falsehood, puts me in mind of old threads where I had the misfortune to get involved with Leazes (the successful suicide bombers should be executed one springs to mind).

Your last point, again, I have no idea what you are on about - I suspect you are directing it at the wrong person though, as I have not mentioned anything on public or private research on this thread to my knowledge.

Oh, and Hi Gemmill, nice to see the odd post from you too. :(

standard Renton comment to someone who disagrees with him........smart reply for a smart lad like him.

Shame he's pretty much wrong all the time though .. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid it was. You should learn to choose your examples more carefully in future. :icon_lol:

No, it wasn't my example though. You are clearly uneducated regarding the common cold and flu, and unable to learn the difference.

Frankly, you strike me as a bit of a cretin now, I really hope you take some solace in the Universe you have created for yourself. Regardless, I'll reserve my energies for people who have half a brain cell (at least); good luck you utter saddo. ;)

Ah... insults the sure sign of the thoroughly beaten. :D

Again if you didn't want to use flu as and example you shouldn't have used it (clearly you had no club about the vaccine though, so I guess you thought it was a good one). :(

Please come again. :D

what, not insults again ? Pretty normal response from rentboy when he's on the usual losing streak

As if Fop's tripe merits anything better than insults after a while though. ;)

You'd be well advised to save those observations for one of those rare threads where you're not made to look like a complete spaz tbh :icon_lol:

Aimed at Rob, Leazes or both? ;)

Leazes is class when he comes on pissed anyway and calls everyone a 'cunt'.

Spot on. It was deliberately left as an 'open letter', but you can add Fop to the list too.

Hilarious how they profess some of the strongest opinions on here but time and again fold under cross examination from someone with any actual expertise in a subject.

No coincidence either that these are all too scared to admit what they do in their professional life.

You'd be well advised to save those observations for one of those rare threads where you're not made to look like a complete spaz tbh :icon_lol:

Aye my complete tripe that there's a universal flu vaccine being developed for his example of flu. :D

I'm glad you think that's my "tripe" though, because it just shows what ridiculously high standards everything else I say must be. :(

Spot on. It was deliberately left as an 'open letter', but you can add Fop to the list too.

Hilarious how they profess some of the strongest opinions on here but time and again fold under cross examination from someone with any actual expertise in a subject.

No coincidence either that these are all too scared to admit what they do in their professional life.

That said, Leazes is alright.

Yes actually "expertise" that didn't even know about a universal flu vaccine being developed. :D

Like I said before I've probably got more experience in the field than he has, or at least if he has more than me he should be very ashamed. :icon_lol:

Aye my complete tripe that there's a universal flu vaccine being developed for his example of flu. :D

I'm glad you think that's my "tripe" though, because it just shows what ridiculously high standards everything else I say must be. :(

I was referring to your general tripe before you start.

You'd be well advised to save those observations for one of those rare threads where you're not made to look like a complete spaz tbh :D

Aye my complete tripe that there's a universal flu vaccine being developed for his example of flu. :(

I'm glad you think that's my "tripe" though, because it just shows what ridiculously high standards everything else I say must be. B)

Too late, I already won. :icon_lol:

Yes actually "expertise" that didn't even know about a universal flu vaccine being developed. :(

Like I said before I've probably got more experience in the field than he has, or at least if he has more than me he should be very ashamed. :icon_lol:

Mate, Chez has effectively made you look like a know-nowt gobshite in this very thread, so i'm simply saying that whatever you say now in here you look like a tool by default anyway.

My point is, your dignity should tell you to leave well alone but you clearly can’t help yourself. :D

:icon_lol::D:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Student_Grant

Remind you of anyone? B)

You'd be well advised to save those observations for one of those rare threads where you're not made to look like a complete spaz tbh :D

Aye my complete tripe that there's a universal flu vaccine being developed for his example of flu. :(

I'm glad you think that's my "tripe" though, because it just shows what ridiculously high standards everything else I say must be. B)

Too late, I already won. :icon_lol:

That's the thing though, it's supposed to be about having an exchange of views. You turn everything into a 'me against the board' type argument and end up making yourself look like a tit. But I guess you just enjoy the attention.

As if Fop's tripe merits anything better than insults after a while though. :icon_lol:

You'd be well advised to save those observations for one of those rare threads where you're not made to look like a complete spaz tbh :(

Aye my complete tripe that there's a universal flu vaccine being developed for his example of flu. B)

I'm glad you think that's my "tripe" though, because it just shows what ridiculously high standards everything else I say must be. :aye:

Too late, I already won. :D

That's the thing though, it's supposed to be about having an exchange of views. You turn everything into a 'me against the board' type argument and end up making yourself look like a tit. But I guess you just enjoy the attention.

Exchange of views with Manc-foplite? B)

He only post for one reason, and it isn't that. ;)

My friend who works for a drugs company here in Germany says that they spent a fair bit to get laws passed so that generics (his company exploit cost gaps or something) may be finally used within the formal German healthcare structure. The Germans have been holding out for ages on this. I'm just thinking they will get cheaper alternatives now is this right? And if so, what is to stop France etc following suit?

He also says really novel and 'new' drugs are quite rare and expensive to develop hence drugs companies 'tart up' old drugs more often than not, by making small changes to them for the licensing process. Not sure what that really means either.

Edited by Park Life

Yes actually "expertise" that didn't even know about a universal flu vaccine being developed. B)

Mate, Chez has effectively made you look like a know-nowt gobshite in this very thread, so i'm simply saying that whatever you say now in here you look like a tool by default anyway.

My point is, your dignity should tell you to leave well alone but you clearly can’t help yourself. :(

He has some expertise at pulling figures out of his ass, I agree (when you look at them, like his Singapore example he runs away :aye:B) ).

But that's not what we're talking about. :D

My friend who works for a drugs company here in Germany says that they spent a fair bit to get laws passed so that generics (his company exploit cost gaps or something) may be finally used within the formal German healthcare structure. The Germans have been holding out for ages on this. I'm just thinking they will get cheaper alternatives now is this right? And if so, what is to stop France etc following suit?

He also says really novel and 'new' drugs are quite rare and expensive to develop hence drugs companies 'tart up' old drugs more often than not, by making small changes to them for the licensing process. Not sure what that really means either.

It means you can exploit the patents/licensing procedure almost indefinitely and maximise your profits with good salesmen, the greasing the right palms and decent PR.

(this is something else Chezzy runs away from ;))

:icon_lol::D:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Student_Grant

Remind you of anyone? B)

I fucking loved that btw.