Recommendations for couples holiday

Geordie Boyo

We’re off work this week so we’re looking to get away. Anywhere really, but it doesn’t look like it’ll be abroad. We did plan on booking a lot earlier but things cropped up so we’re in a situation now where anywhere will do. If there’s anywhere you lot could recommend for reasonable prices too we’d certainly appreciate it. I’m looking as it happens having access to the web but thought I’d get a better deal asking you lot.

:lol:

Somewhere where there’s activities or things to get up to during the day and probably a laid back, but entertaining night-life too, she’s got the car, but I haven’t a clue…!

:blink:

With her being skint at the moment I've told her I'll take care of things so I'm looking for something quite resonable :lol:

Missed out on Haggerston Castle on the weekend because she has to take her car down for its MOT and get a part fitted on Monday. Haggerston Castle is still an option thou. The lakes seemed quite pricey. I could folk out but would be struggling a bit this month. :blink:

:D

With her being skint at the moment I've told her I'll take care of things so I'm looking for something quite resonable  :lol:

Missed out on Haggerston Castle on the weekend because she has to take her car down for its MOT and get a part fitted on Monday. Haggerston Castle is still an option thou. The lakes seemed quite pricey. I could folk out but would be struggling a bit this month. :blink:

:D

41929[/snapback]

you can get some nice but cheap guest houses in the Lakes, I know a mate and his missus often go and stay in one at Keswick.

Staying in this country is not a cheap option - we live in one of the most expensive places in the world. Also I have no idea on whay you could do in the Lakes or Haggerston castle at this time of year - it's likely to be wet and very cold.

I would suggest a cheap break in the Med or Tenerife - it might work out cheaper than a week here, although it's still tricky if money is really tight. I once got a week in Corfu for £100 in October - mind it was bloody freezing though.

Yeah, during the day is hot enough, but night time is like being back home. I think abroad probably is the best option. I'll definitely look into that. Obviously we want to pick somewhere pretty laid back & preferably hot!

Edited by Geordie Boyo

I’m glad you mentioned York as she talked about it too as it happens, so could certainly be worth checking out.

What travel agent did you book your holiday through? We're just after 3 nights too, It would be great if we could get away somewhere like that and that's a good price for a 4 star hotel too.

do you drive ? either northumberland,the lakes or the peak district,pick somewhere with some ok scenery,ie northumberland national park,then head that way,find a village with about four pubs,and get a b+b,then the next day go some other town/village.

Another good idea. I was thinking the same all thou my lass just started driving last year so she's still pretty new in finding her way about, especially outside of Newcastle but I will look into how to get over there and see what's near by. She'll have to have a drive down here first thou and have a look on the net me thinks.

:lol:

Another good idea. I was thinking the same all thou my lass just started driving last year so she's still pretty new in finding her way about, especially outside of Newcastle but I will look into how to get over there and see what's near by. She'll have to have a drive down here first thou and have a look on the net me thinks.

:huh:

42207[/snapback]

Buy a map. :lol:

On a serious note, there are some nice places to stay in Northumberland, it'll be less hassle than going abroad but as pointed out probably work out quite expensive. Me and the Mrs once had a dirty weekend in Warkworth of all places, it was great.

Ryanair fly to Dublin and Milan from Newcastle.

Easyjet go to Berlin, Barcelona, Rome, Nice and probably a few other places direct from Newcastle.

If you pick an unpopular time to fly (i.e. mid week), you can probably get flights for under £50. You can get a decent hotel for about £50 a night too in most these places. Probably cheaper than Warkworth and certainly more romantic!

Me and the Mrs once had a dirty weekend in Warkworth of all places, it was great.

42208[/snapback]

Is there any need to plague us all with those images so close to lunch? :lol:

42212[/snapback]

Actually, I've gone off my lunch now as well.

Why dont you come down to Torquay? You can get the train direct, no changes.

We have everything here, miles of fantastic beaches such as Slapton sands, Goodrington and Teignmouth. Stunning countryside (Dartmoor inc) amazing coastal walks and as a bonus all the grockles have buggered off home, so its peaceful too :lol:

Oh, and if you get desperate for some 'live' football you could even take in a match at Torquay united :huh: £15 to stand, brilliant!!

Oh, and if you get desperate for some 'live' football you could even take in a match at Torquay united  :lol: £15 to stand, brilliant!!

42534[/snapback]

Just out of interest, is it really £15 to stand and watch Torquay? I'm always surprised by how much it costs lower league fans to go to games, everyone assumes it's a fiver or something but I went to see Sheff Wed in League 2 in a fairly normal seat and it cost me £25!

Oh, and if you get desperate for some 'live' football you could even take in a match at Torquay united  :lol: £15 to stand, brilliant!!

42534[/snapback]

Just out of interest, is it really £15 to stand and watch Torquay? I'm always surprised by how much it costs lower league fans to go to games, everyone assumes it's a fiver or something but I went to see Sheff Wed in League 2 in a fairly normal seat and it cost me £25!

42727[/snapback]

yes honestly, £15 to stand at Plainmoor, £16 to sit.

Went to Swindon V Tufc last season, (league one then) cost £23, thought that was really steep.

Oh, and if you get desperate for some 'live' football you could even take in a match at Torquay united  :huh: £15 to stand, brilliant!!

42534[/snapback]

42727[/snapback]

Went to Swindon V Tufc last season, (league one then) cost £23, thought that was really steep.

42735[/snapback]

Having been to Swindon, £3 would have been steep! :lol:

Oh, and if you get desperate for some 'live' football you could even take in a match at Torquay united  :huh: £15 to stand, brilliant!!

42534[/snapback]

42727[/snapback]

42735[/snapback]

Having been to Swindon, £3 would have been steep! :lol:

42743[/snapback]

my god, its the San Siro compared to Plainmoor!!!! :D