New Feature

Craig

We now have a games arcade section on the board! Have a look at the bar near the top next to where you click for Help, Search, Members & Calendar. You should see a new option called Arcade - click on it and try it out :lol:

If it proves successful & popular, I'll upload some different games (I've found a decent source). Pretty good little mod, you can have your own tournaments going and should you achieve a top score, it will be highlighted in your profile details against each post you make! :huh:

Any questions, just yell....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a fantastic idea Craig.

I have a complaint about Pac man though - it's not a direct emulation, the ghosts behaviour isn't quite right. I spent weeks in the 80s learning specific routines on how to beat the game, which for some utterly bizarre reason I can still remember. :lol:

I was looking forward to impressing you all with my 200,000 plus scores and reaching the mythical 'ninth key' level, but it doesn't work. :huh: Also there are no cut animation scenes. :D:nufc:

Did you know on the later levels the ghosts don't turn blue when you eat an energiser, in fact eventually they don't even run away? They don't make games that hard nowadays....

Glad it's popular! :huh: (Think I'd better go and find some more games then! :lol:)

Renton, can't help you with the Pacman emulation I'm afraid. These games were built into the mod so I'm afraid WYSIWYG.

Luckypierre - it's possible to grant individual permission per member - but would you really want everyone else having a go at trying to beat your top scores when you can't? :D

luckilly I've got a day off today, hopefully I can get it all out of my system. What other games are there Craig? Any vertical shooters like 1942?

peasepuds space invaders score next

42702[/snapback]

Not sure yet....

Found a forum devoted to transforming *.swf games so they can be uploaded to the arcade. Trouble is, I'm having trouble with my registration at the moment (you need a 'webmaster@xxxxxx.xxx' email address and while I have 'webmaster@toontastic.net', it doesn't seem to be validating the registration - will speak to them today...

Space Invaders will be mine....

as soon as the boss goes out.

42762[/snapback]

It will take you hours to usurp Peasepud.

I'd like to see Joust if possible.

42780[/snapback]

It won't. I've got it on one of my other boards and I got 50k this morning.

to be honest, and Im not being cocky, its possible to play it forever, its far too generous with extra lives. All you have to do is when they get to the lowest start point make sure they dont turn direction more than once, if they do and you havent taken the bottom layer out first its instant game over. I'll leave the rest to you grasshopper :lol:

to be honest, and Im not being cocky, its possible to play it forever, its far too generous with extra lives. All you have to do is when they get to the lowest start point  make sure they dont turn direction more than once, if they do and you havent taken the bottom layer out first its instant game over. I'll leave the rest to you grasshopper :lol:

42871[/snapback]

Quite a flawed conversion really. Notice how the bases don't regrow? And what is it with all those extra lives?

It was very hard to get past wave 3 in the arcade original iirc.