Is it Scotch? Is it whisky? Is it Scotch whisky?

sammynb

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a bourbon isn't it? I keep meaning to give some 'proper' bourbon a go. I occasionally like a JD/Jim Beam and coke (1/2 & 1/2). I know JD isn't actually a bourbon btw.

it's my favourite. i like a nice scotch but bourbon is less abrasive, more drinkable (more girly basically).

i find with some scotch that it takes one or two before they start going down smoothly. borbon usually always slips down a treat from the off

• 3 weeks later...

Oban's a nice dram like. Talisker is the mutt's nuts though. Got a limited edition 57 Degrees North Talisker which is very nice too (although the original is better I reckon).

I just can't drink spirits straight, with the exception of a reasonable vodka. No Tesco value stuff for me, otherwise it'll feel like the channel tunnel is being bored through my head.

Jack Daniels without cola is terrible.

i don't mind a straight glug of jack.

Keep your private life out of this thread please, Dan.

Got a bottle of Talisker 18 y.o. for my birthday off her indoors. I'd never had it before but it's a beautiful dram. Also just purchased a bottle of Balvenie Double Wood and Smokehead Extra Black 18 y.o. The former is a Speyside malt and the latter is a non-specified Islay single malt. Looking forward to trying them.

Keep your private life out of this thread please, Dan.

Got a bottle of Talisker 18 y.o. for my birthday off her indoors. I'd never had it before but it's a beautiful dram. Also just purchased a bottle of Balvenie Double Wood and Smokehead Extra Black 18 y.o. The former is a Speyside malt and the latter is a non-specified Islay single malt. Looking forward to trying them.

Great timing ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Master of Malt are doing personalised bottlings at the moment. Might be worth a shout.

For the one who likes Glenfiddich - I'd get him a Macallan of some sort. The 25 year old is supposed to be amazing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...