Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

Apparently Keegan said he'd get a new contract this summer (but hasn't). :lol:

That could be the reason why he has done this then. Maybe it is the club messing him around. If he is happy at the club as he said he is but wants an improved contract based on improvements then i think he deserves it, he has improved i think.

My take is that he has asked for a transfer request to use as leverage on my club. He is using Keegans reputation as brinkmanship in his game of ego massage. i would like to see him get sold for 9 million plus then do a Dyer in his first few games for his new club.

He's always been a good pro and so on but the timing of this is really shitting on the club from a great height imo.

Agreed.

...and we're gonna get a fuck load of money for him, so it's cocktails at the bar. :lol:

Have a feeling he'll end up at Liverpool.

That could be the reason why he has done this then. Maybe it is the club messing him around. If he is happy at the club as he said he is but wants an improved contract based on improvements then i think he deserves it, he has improved i think.

From the PFA, also saying he's now one of the lowest earners and wants parity with Taylor.

From the PFA, also saying he's now one of the lowest earners and wants parity with Taylor.

He is a good player, one of our strongest squad players. He should have a wage which is equal taylors.

Is Brendon Batson still running it? :)

Milner had 'no option' but to ask Newcastle for a transfer

Mick McGuire, the Professional Footballers' Association deputy chief executive, has accused Newcastle United of leaving James Milner with "no option" but to submit a transfer request as Aston Villa edge closer to completing a £10m deal for the England Under-21 international.

McGuire, who represents Milner, claims Newcastle have refused to enter into new contract talks with the midfielder, despite the 22-year-old earning significantly less than many of the first-team squad at St James' Park. He believes that Newcastle have failed to reward his development in the past two seasons and, responding to a club statement earlier in the day, pointed out that the new contract Milner signed last summer was agreed almost two years ago, after a proposed move to Villa was called off at the last minute.

"I note the comments on the [Newcastle] website, the contents of which disappoint me because James Milner was left with no option, in his opinion, but to formally ask for a transfer following the club's total refusal to offer him a new contract," said McGuire."The contract which was signed a year ago was agreed more than 11 months before that, when they refused to let his transfer to Aston Villa go through on deadline day [in August 2006]. A new deal was agreed in principle and it took until the following July to be established. In that time James has played two seasons in Newcastle's first team and he was asking for a [salary] figure that reflects that. James feels that his salary does not reflect his value in the market."

McGuire added that Milner was not seeking "anywhere near" parity with the club's bigger earners, but explained there was an "understanding" when younger players sign long-term contracts that their salary is "reviewed and improved on a yearly basis", subject to progress. "He was simply asking for an improvement that reflects his development," added McGuire. "Having played over 50 games last season and 160 games in the Premier League, he believed his improvement warranted a new contract. It was made clear on two occasions there was not going to be a new contract. Therefore he felt that he was left with no option."

Newcastle have subsequently indicated a willingness to allow Milner to leave with Villa understood to be prepared to offer £10m, a figure that should be acceptable to the St James' Park board. Martin O'Neill, who was relieved to learn yesterday that Gareth Barry will be staying with Villa until January at least, has been anxious to recruit a right-sided midfielder for some time and is optimistic that

Milner, who he was close to signing for £5m two years ago, will be his eighth signing of the summer. No one at Newcastle could be contacted for comment last night.

Guardian

Shaun Wright-Phillips is set for a medical at Manchester City on Thursday, skysports.com understands.

The England international knows he is on the fringes of the first-team at Stamford Bridge and coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has hinted he would be willing to let him leave.

Aston Villa, Newcastle and Portsmouth all made enquiries this summer - but it is Everton and his former club City who have emerged as front-runners.

Now City are believed to have agreed terms on a deal worth close to £9million.

Wright-Phillips is due for a medical at City's training complex ahead of a possible move - although he will not be able to meet boss Mark Hughes, as he and his squad are in Denmark ahead of their Uefa Cup clash with FC Midtjylland on Thursday.

26-year-old Wright-Phillips played over 150 games for City before leaving the club in 2005 when Chelsea paid £21million for his signature.

Err, someone poke Fat Ash with a big stick...

Shaun Wright-Phillips is set for a medical at Manchester City on Thursday, skysports.com understands.

The England international knows he is on the fringes of the first-team at Stamford Bridge and coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has hinted he would be willing to let him leave.

Aston Villa, Newcastle and Portsmouth all made enquiries this summer - but it is Everton and his former club City who have emerged as front-runners.

Now City are believed to have agreed terms on a deal worth close to £9million.

Wright-Phillips is due for a medical at City's training complex ahead of a possible move - although he will not be able to meet boss Mark Hughes, as he and his squad are in Denmark ahead of their Uefa Cup clash with FC Midtjylland on Thursday.

26-year-old Wright-Phillips played over 150 games for City before leaving the club in 2005 when Chelsea paid £21million for his signature.

Err, someone poke Fat Ash with a big stick...

This is getting ridiculous

He is a good player

Nope.

He is a good player

Nope.

yes :)

He is a good player

Nope.

I gathered you think he is. He's very average imo. What's he good at?

He is a good player

Nope.

lol. i just think over time he has got better and better, (my opinion)

He is a good player

Nope.

What do you think he's good at though? I don't agree he's improved much either.

He is a good player

Nope.

yes :icon_lol:

What do you think he's good at though? I don't agree he's improved much either.

He does a lot of silly things and waving his arms around isn't going to compensate for that. :)

He works hard and his crossing has got better. His corners aren't too great but his crossing during play is better. And we cant afford to loose him at the min. Thats the main reason we cant afford loose anymore players.

Edited by 2bias

His crossing is fucking shit man. He never beats the first man. He has a good engine, I agree. So do loads of other equaly ordinary players. I also agree I wouldn't like him to go now, purely because of the timing and the small squad and he is versatile. The situation at the club doesn't make him a good player.

He works hard and his crossing has got better. His corners aren't too great but his crossing during play is better. And we cant afford to loose him at the min. Thats the main reason we cant afford loose anymore players.

Be serious for a min, Villa and Liv are actually thinking about giving us £10m for this carthorse. :lol:

His crossing is fucking shit man. He never beats the first man. He has a good engine, I agree. So do loads of other equaly ordinary players. I also agree I wouldn't like him to go now, purely because of the timing and the small squad and he is versatile. The situation at the club doesn't make him a good player.

He has got better i think. His crossing from corners i agree frustrate me but the main reason being we cant afford loose him now.

Be serious for a min, Villa and Liv are actually thinking about giving us £10m for this carthorse. :lol:

Yeah and we should take it IF we can get a good player to replace him.

He'll be replaced.

He has got better i think. His crossing from corners i agree frustrate me but the main reason being we cant afford loose him now.

You still haven't said anything that makes me think he's a good player, which is what I took issue with. His crossing is just as bad as it's always been. He had one purple patch at Villa where he got a canny few asssists but he's gotten worse since then.

He'll be replaced.

In four days?

You still haven't said anything that makes me think he's a good player, which is what I took issue with. His crossing is just as bad as it's always been. He had one purple patch at Villa where he got a canny few asssists but he's gotten worse since then.

I'm not going to be able to convince you if you already don't rate him mate.

He'll be replaced.

In four days?

You forget they've know about this for 3 weeks. :)

He'll be replaced.

In four days?

You forget they've know about this for 3 weeks. :)

LOL :icon_lol: