Milner completes Aston Villa move

Chaser

We'll have had 2 weeks since Milner haded in his request to get a replacement in.

I reckon he was playing games due to shit advice to get a new contract, and the club have decided to throw it back at him.

I hope to fuck we have a sembelance of a list of players for each position should anyone need replacing, and it's not a case of blind panic( :lol: ), and hoying the scouts out looking for a right winger all of a sudden.

We'll have had 2 weeks since Milner haded in his request to get a replacement in.

I reckon he was playing games due to shit advice to get a new contract, and the club have decided to throw it back at him.

I hope to fuck we have a sembelance of a list of players for each position should anyone need replacing, and it's not a case of blind panic( :lol: ), and hoying the scouts out looking for a right winger all of a sudden.

Why would it be blind panic?

Why's it shit advice?

Milner hasn't put a foot wrong as a professional. We fucked him around royally 2 years ago when we pulled his Villa deal and he's never said a bad word.

He's not getting the money he deserves when compared to the rest of the squad, and he's still not complained to anyone outside of the club.

You think he should just put up with getting the shitty end of the stick constantly? Taylor has shown him the squeaky wheel gets greased.

In the case we don't have an idea of suitable replacements and we flog Milner with only a few days left in the window.

In the case we don't have an idea of suitable replacements and we flog Milner with only a few days left in the window.

"We" meaning the fans.

How do you know the people looking at replacements don't have a list as long as your arm?

Why's it shit advice?

Milner hasn't put a foot wrong as a professional. We fucked him around royally 2 years ago when we pulled his Villa deal and he's never said a bad word.

He's not getting the money he deserves when compared to the rest of the squad, and he's still not complained to anyone outside of the club.

You think he should just put up with getting the shitty end of the stick constantly? Taylor has shown him the squeaky wheel gets greased.

I think Milner is worth at least as much per week as Taylor. However, if .com are right and he isn't keen on a move to Villa, and all he really wanted was a better contract, I think it may have backfired on him. I'm speculating that he was giving the club the stink-eye and handed in a transfer request assuming it would be turned down and we'd open conttract negotiations.

FWIW, I reckon he'll stay.

"We" meaning the fans.

How do you know the people looking at replacements don't have a list as long as your arm?

I meant "we" as the club. I'm sure we(the club) do have a huge list of players lined up. I just worry that we(the club) won't get something sorted in time.

"We" meaning the fans.

I meant "we" as the club. I'm sure we(the club) do have a huge list of players lined up. I just worry that we(the club) won't get something sorted in time.

It's just the way you stated is as fact.

We the fans don't have any idea who might come in.

Who knows what the club are working on?

People have been having a go at the club before deals were done all summer, but I have to say I'm VERY impressed with the transfer dealings so far, why they're still getting stick for stuff that hasn't happened yet is beyond me.

Edited by Happy Face

"We" meaning the fans.

It's just the way you stated is as fact.

We the fans don't have any idea who might come in.

Who knows what the club are working on?

People have been having a go at the club before deals were done all summer, but I have to say I'm VERY impressed with the transfer dealings so far, why they're still getting stick for stuff that hasn't happened yet is beyond me.

I think its just the lack off deals though which is annoying people. We have a thin squad and we should have brought more than 4 players in.

Edited by 2bias

Not meant to come across that way, you prick. :lol:

I'm delighted with the transfers too. My only issue is that we haven't snapped up more of that calibre. If we end up with another couple aruond the level of the other 4, I'll be very happy.

In the Keegler I trust.

I think its just the lack off deals though which is annoying people. We have a thin squad and we should have brought more than 4 players in.

I think come Monday we will have done, but people have been moaning about our transfers since Spurs spunked their load on Modric. The players we've taken on since have all been good signings for the club where we've refused to be arse raped like in previous years. All this gnashing of teeth because we haven't offered Pascal Chimbonda (shite last night btw) 70K a week is exactly the kind of petulance Shepherd used to cater to, much to our chagrin.

But you just know some in the club are thinking they have brought in more than four player, they will be looking at some of the bairns they have signed, which if you count them brings our signings to what? Eight, they will be expecting some of them to step up over the next season or so.

1)I think come Monday we will have done, but people have been moaning about our transfers since Spurs spunked their load on Modric. 2)The players we've taken on since have all been good signings for the club where we've refused to be arse raped like in previous years. All this gnashing of teeth because we haven't offered Pascal Chimbonda (shite last night btw) 70K a week is exactly the kind of petulance Shepherd used to cater to, much to our chagrin.

1)Hope so.

2)Deff! Hope we can get at least a couple more with that quality

But you just know some in the club are thinking they have brought in more than four player, they will be looking at some of the bairns they have signed, which if you count them brings our signings to what? Eight, they will be expecting some of them to step up over the next season or so.

I hope they do, The youth at the club don't get enough of a chance, the likes of edgar who has done well when we've played him and lua lua who i believe came on once last season? looked good.

It's a slow process imo. The club was in all sorts of problems personnel-wise and it isn't that attractive in terms of getting players to come here either. The signings so far all look like moves in the right direction. There seems to be very little patience amongst the fans though. From comments off here to a fall in season tickets, etc. I think the board have failed somewhat in 'selling their vision' though, to use a phrase that is commonplace at present. I know talk is cheap and all that but Newcastle fans lap up football gossip, especially in the city itself and in the surrounding areas.

As I alluded to though, it's the long-term which concerns me more and I'm quite confident we're moving in the right direction.

It's a slow process imo. The club was in all sorts of problems personnel-wise and it isn't that attractive in terms of getting players to come here either. The signings so far all look like moves in the right direction. There seems to be very little patience amongst the fans though. From comments off here to a fall in season tickets, etc. I think the board have failed somewhat in 'selling their vision' though, to use a phrase that is commonplace at present. I know talk is cheap and all that but Newcastle fans lap up football gossip, especially in the city itself and in the surrounding areas.

As I alluded to though, it's the long-term which concerns me more and I'm quite confident we're moving in the right direction.

Hope your right dude.

Hope so, as without Milner we're getting ever thinner.

Still not as thin as we got when we sold Micky Quinn.

The squad is thin, but really not much more than last year.

Who've we sold?

Carr

Rozenhal

Emre

Faye

Ramage

Babayaro

They only managed 50 games between the lot of them last year. I'm sure we'll get more than that from the four we've brought in so far alone. Even if you put Milner into that mix I still think we have a stronger first team squad than this time last year.....and I don't remember this kind of panic then.

If we can't get any good deals done by Monday, I won't worry, and just look forward to who we bring in come January.

Imagine how thin we'll be once Viduka goes?

I think we did better than we usually do on the injuries front last season though. In Milner we'd be letting a lad go who is nearly always fit if my memory serves me right. I agree the panic's a bit ott like. It's not like we'll be signing Bernard and Sibierski either.

Imagine how thin we'll be once Viduka goes?

Isn't there a photo of him in training looking geet buff?