10 Games in...

Deano

So the season is new and football is fresh in the air once again, we're all eagerly anticipating thmora's game to see how our sides gonna fair this term.

I was just wondering what y'all are expecting from the first three months of our season? 10 games in, end october, whats your expectations?

Mine is as follows...

Man U (A)....Draw*

Bolton (H)....Win

Arsenal (A)....Loss

Hull (H)....Win

West Ham (A)....Win*

Blackburn (H)....Win

Everton (A)....Draw

Man City (H)....Win

Sunderland (A)...Win

WBA (H)....Win

*Optimistic

With my optimistic realist approach that puts us on 23pts going into November...Some will say its blind optimism but i seriously think it is well within ourselves to achieve the above!

Howay th Lads!!

:shades:

So the season is new and football is fresh in the air once again, we're all eagerly anticipating thmora's game to see how our sides gonna fair this term.

I was just wondering what y'all are expecting from the first three months of our season? 10 games in, end october, whats your expectations?

Mine is as follows...

Man U (A)....Draw*

Bolton (H)....Win

Arsenal (A)....Loss

Hull (H)....Win

West Ham (A)....Win*

Blackburn (H)....Win

Everton (A)....Draw

Man City (H)....Win

Sunderland (A)...Win

WBA (H)....Win

*Optimistic

With my optimistic realist approach that puts us on 23pts going into November...Some will say its blind optimism but i seriously think it is well within ourselves to achieve the above!

Howay th Lads!!

I remember around the same time last year when I said we should be top by christmas given our fixtures.

:good:

I remember around the same time last year when I said we should be top by christmas given our fixtures.

:blush:

:shades: I wouldnt go that far bud, but im optimistic looking at our 1st 10 games...

We would have been though. If we hadn't played for a draw in every game but Bolton away.

:good:

Mine is as follows...

Man U (A)....Draw*

Bolton (H)....Win

Arsenal (A)....Loss

Hull (H)....Win

West Ham (A)....Win*

Blackburn (H)....Win

Everton (A)....Draw

Man City (H)....Win

Sunderland (A)...Win

WBA (H)....Win

*Optimistic

Howay th Lads!!

you are taking the piss surely? how about

Man U (A)....loss

Bolton (H)....Draw

Arsenal (A)....Loss

Hull (H)....Win

West Ham (A)....Draw

Blackburn (H)....Loss

Everton (A)....Loss

Man City (H)....Loss

Sunderland (A)...Draw

WBA (H)....Win

Geordie Lad = Half Full

sandman02uk = completely fookin empty

Man U (A)....Loss

Bolton (H)....Win

Arsenal (A)....Loss

Hull (H)....Win

West Ham (A)....Draw

Blackburn (H)....Draw

Everton (A)....Loss

Man City (H)....Draw

Sunderland (A)...Win

WBA (H)....Win

15 points.

Man U (A) - LOSS

Bolton (H) - WIN

Arsenal (A) - LOSS

Hull (H) - WIN

West Ham (A) - DRAW

Blackburn (H) - WIN

Everton (A) - LOSS

Man City (H) - DRAW

Sunderland (A) - WIN

WBA (H) - WIN

17 points.

Man U (A) - Loss

Bolton (H) - Win

Arsenal (A) - Loss

Hull (H) - Win

West Ham (A) - Loss

Blackburn (H) - Draw

Everton (A) - Loss

Man City (H) - Win

Sunderland (A) - Draw

WBA (H) - Win

14 Points

Though Id like to think might get more than I put for West ham, Blackburn and the Mackems.

Guest Stevie

Mine is as follows...

Man U (A)....Draw*

Bolton (H)....Win

Arsenal (A)....Loss

Hull (H)....Win

West Ham (A)....Win*

Blackburn (H)....Win

Everton (A)....Draw

Man City (H)....Win

Sunderland (A)...Win

WBA (H)....Win

*Optimistic

Howay th Lads!!

Man U (A)....0-1

Bolton (H)....2-0

Arsenal (A)....0-2

Hull (H)....3-0

West Ham (A)....1-1

Blackburn (H)....2-1

Everton (A)....1-1

Man City (H)....2-1

Sunderland (A)...1-1

WBA (H)....3-1

That is a very balanced look at the games, and we are more than capable of better results than them. The would give us P10 W5 D3 L2 F 15 A10, we'll be about 5th, with two of the big three away out of the road.

Edited by Stevie

Very early away games to Man Utd and Arsenal could be the best times for these matches to happen. Just hoping the matches won't crush the players' morales.

It will be by no means the end of the world if we lose the match this afternoon, but hopefully all the players will be well up for it and put in a competitive performance.

Edited by TheInspiration

Man U (A)....Loss

Bolton (H)....Win

Arsenal (A)....Loss

Hull (H)....Win

West Ham (A)....Draw

Blackburn (H)....win

Everton (A)....Loss

Man City (H)....win

Sunderland (A)...Win

WBA (H)....Win

19 points

Yep, I'd go for that... we did say we were being optimistic too :shades:

In fact weirdly, after using the BBC predictor I've got the table looking like this:

table.gif

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Whilst i'm not expecting Keegan to completely emulate his last spell with us, he's not a miracle worker! I am expecting him to do one basic thing and that is get us back to the days of attacking and beating most teams at St. James bar the top 4 who we'll have a bloody good go at. Keegan knows how to plat at St. james, how to get the crowd fired up and behind the team rather than have the fans shattering any confidence left in the team as was the case under our last 3 "managers".

So i don't think it unreasonable to predict either 5 wins from those home games or say 4 wins and a draw with Keegan at the helm. So thats 13-15 pts i'd expect from the home games.

Away if we could pick up 1 win and a draw it would be a good start considering we have manu and arse amongst those games.

As for todays match i'm going for us playing well and holding manu till Riley shafts us and they go on to likely win. And since its Manu at Old Trafford with Riley in charge they have to get a pen at some point in the game! But i do think we'll play quite well myself even without key players like Owen, Viduka etc.