What's with the IE icons?

Asprilla

What part of "I don't agree" did you not understand? :yes

44032[/snapback]

<_<

Worst post ever. Why even bother?

44033[/snapback]

Or "in my opinion" - come to think of it...

Are you telling me I'm wrong and don't know my own opinion? :)

The point I was making is that the PC was never designed with gaming in mind, a games console certainly was.

Your claim was that a Mac was not up to the standard of a PC because of it's gaming capabilities. But you're making comparisons based upon something that neither machine were ever designed to do.

I do wonder if you're knocking Macs simply because Gemmill has one mind! :)

44034[/snapback]

I'm not knocking Macs at all - you are the one "knocking" PCs if anything.

So let me get this straight - are you telling me a console is better for playing games I like compard to a PC, and I have been imagining the PC's superiority in terms of graphics and sound, and control all these years?

Btw, I own several consoles.

You like using a Mac, fine, I understand that. But for me, my PC can do everything a Mac can do. Including playing games. And at half the price of a Mac.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never owned a Mac in my life. Have owned a PC for about 12 years now...

But I acknowledge that they are considerably better machines...

I've never liked playing games on a PC (except for ChampMan of course). I find the whole mouse-and-keys thing unwieldy and never bothered configuring a joystick. Consoles are better for games because you can just plug 'em in, pick up a controller and go. No installing things, no configuring things; its immediate. In my opinion.

I've never liked playing games on a PC (except for ChampMan of course). I find the whole mouse-and-keys thing unwieldy and never bothered configuring a joystick. Consoles are better for games because you can just plug 'em in, pick up a controller and go. No installing things, no configuring things; its immediate. In my opinion.

44047[/snapback]

I agree, however, I've never played a really good game on a great PC. I'm sure it's amazing but I couldn't be arsed with sorting it all out. I'd rather buy a console and a game.

44047[/snapback]

I agree, however, I've never played a really good game on a great PC. I'm sure it's amazing but I couldn't be arsed with sorting it all out. I'd rather buy a console and a game.

44100[/snapback]

You have a point, but at the moment there is nothing approaching Rome total war or Far Cry on a console. Plus the online community, modding etc.

It's horses for courses I suppose. But I personally find it ridiculous that a non Mac owner (Craig) can tell me that I should be using a console for playing games.....

Edit: actually, I hear Far Cry instincts is supposed to be pretty smart on the Xbox, but how you control your shooting on a controller I don't know......

Edited by Renton

PC > Consoles for games. FACT!

44111[/snapback]

I agree for the most part on that. The only time consoles have an edge in performance is when a new generation is released. But 12 months down the line PCs are more powerful. Network play on PCs is better then any console on the market at the moment aswell. Halo 2 on Xbox live is alright, but not a patch on CS-source on PC.