Durham hackers jailed over global virus

Rob W

Andrew Harvey, left, and Jordan Bradley were arrested in 2003

Two hackers have been jailed for helping to create a virus that infected thousands of computers worldwide. Andrew Harvey, 24, of Sherburn Village, Co Durham, was jailed for three months, and Jordan Bradley, 22, of Darlington, was jailed for six months, on Friday.

The men admitted a conspiracy charge in May this year for their part in creating what was called the T-K Worm. It used internet chat channels to infect other computers which then gave the hackers control of them. They were arrested in 2003 after a joint investigation by hi-tech crime officers in Britain and the US.

Police computer

The men, who did not benefit financially from their actions, were part of a group called the "Threat Krew ". Newcastle Crown Court heard how one police computer became infected with the worm and spread it to 19,000 other computers in two weeks. Harvey, of Meldon Avenue, Sherburn Village, and Bradley, of Bates Avenue, Darlington, admitted conspiracy to cause unauthorised modification of computers with intent between 31 December 2001 and 7 February 2003.

The arrests were witnessed by officers from the US Computer and Technology Crime Hi-tech team which flew in from southern California.

Andrew Harvey, left, and Jordan Bradley were arrested in 2003

Two hackers have been jailed for helping to create a virus that infected thousands of computers worldwide.  Andrew Harvey, 24, of Sherburn Village, Co Durham, was jailed for three months, and Jordan Bradley, 22, of Darlington, was jailed for six months, on Friday. 

The men admitted a conspiracy charge in May this year for their part in creating what was called the T-K Worm.  It used internet chat channels to infect other computers which then gave the hackers control of them.  They were arrested in 2003 after a joint investigation by hi-tech crime officers in Britain and the US.

Police computer

The men, who did not benefit financially from their actions, were part of a group called the "Threat Krew ".  Newcastle Crown Court heard how one police computer became infected with the worm and spread it to 19,000 other computers in two weeks.  Harvey, of Meldon Avenue, Sherburn Village, and Bradley, of Bates Avenue, Darlington, admitted conspiracy to cause unauthorised modification of computers with intent between 31 December 2001 and 7 February 2003.

The arrests were witnessed by officers from the US Computer and Technology Crime Hi-tech team which flew in from southern California.

43788[/snapback]

one of the two lads worked at the same place i do, he was employed in 2004, yet was already under invesitgation by the FBI, nice

i think i even trained him

I'm with Leazes, they should be made to eat their own shit.

44721[/snapback]

And then, just when they think it is all over, they should get the shit kicked out of them.

44725[/snapback]

Then eat it, again :)

Bearing in mind the other thread, is this sentence harsh or not?

44718[/snapback]

I don't know like, have you seen the one on the left? Cuckoo...cuckoo!

_40885268_hackers203.jpg

44724[/snapback]

Beady rat like eyes.

Serve them right if someone does a little bit hacking of their own on their rear ends and leaves them with a nasty virus.

Bearing in mind the other thread, is this sentence harsh or not?

44718[/snapback]

I don't know like, have you seen the one on the left? Cuckoo...cuckoo!

_40885268_hackers203.jpg

44724[/snapback]

Beady rat like eyes.

Serve them right if someone does a little bit hacking of their own on their rear ends and leaves them with a nasty virus.

44727[/snapback]

Divine retribution? :)

There would be a sense of ironic justice to that I suppose.