I love Mike Ashley.......

OllieBurton

KK wanted Warnock and Lennon.

£6m each.

Craaaaazy :lol:

I dont think anybody knows who KK really asked for.

Plus wages have to be a consideration when your top earner is bleeding the coffers dry.

It's clear to me the Wise role changed/eveloved during KK's tenure. It went from youth prospects and low level transfer stuff to him buying players. Wise himself contradicts himself over a similar period. Either his role was masked or he just developed it with MA's say so.

Maybe Ashley was concerned that after he had paid down NUFCs mountain of debt for them, his manager was intent on racking it back up.

Maybe KK just displayed a massive lack of realism.

Do you think Keegan was correct to have concerns about the size of the squad and its depth? Or do you think Wise and co.'s transfer policy has been vindicated in any way?

I think a big influx of young bright players like we did when we started rebuilding would have been the ticket.

established stars cost a packet, I dont think MA was willing to pay that so Wise was out scouting for talent.

KK wanted Warnock and Lennon.

£6m each.

Craaaaazy :lol:

I dont think anybody knows who KK really asked for.

Plus wages have to be a consideration when your top earner is bleeding the coffers dry.

That's who KK wanted - all this Lampard/Henry £200m is nonsense and a smear campaign against Keegan.

& I would rather pay our top asset and scorer £100k p/w than Darren Bent.

It's clear to me the Wise role changed/eveloved during KK's tenure. It went from youth prospects and low level transfer stuff to him buying players. Wise himself contradicts himself over a similar period. Either his role was masked or he just developed it with MA's say so.

Maybe Ashley was concerned that after he had paid down NUFCs mountain of debt for them, his manager was intent on racking it back up.

Do you think Keegan was correct to have concerns about the size of the squad and its depth? Or do you think Wise and co.'s transfer policy has been vindicated in any way?

I think a big influx of young bright players like we did when we started rebuilding would have been the ticket.

established stars cost a packet, I dont think MA was willing to pay that so Wise was out scouting for talent.

Doesn't really answer my question.

I think the policy of getting rid of the wage heavy older players and buying in of young bright talent, would sting short term, benefit the club long term.

I think the policy of getting rid of the wage heavy older players and buying in of young bright talent, would sting short term, benefit the club long term.

They haven't even done that though.

They tried to, thats why KK walked. Barton out, Owen out, Smith out and Milner out. All earning more money than they are worth.

Owen is looking as good value for money this season as he has bad value for money in other seasons, the difference been unfortunate injuries were responsible for the latter.

If we had sold Owen and got a few million for him on the last day of the window, who exactly would have been our main goal threat this season?

Of all people a Spurs fan should know that a team without a functioning strike force, even a fairly expensive one that technically should do ok, is going to struggle.

And what would have been the gain? Reducing our wage bill (which is high, but still just about affordable), which wouldn't have been helped that much be getting rid of Owen anyway.

No one runs a successful Premiership side like bargain goods store, it's just not possible.

They tried to, thats why KK walked. Barton out, Owen out, Smith out and Milner out. All earning more money than they are worth.

Milner is young and he wasn't on very much, Owen is overpaid but he's the best player at the club imo. I'm sure Keegan would have been happy for the other two to go if they'd had decent replacements to come into what was already a small squad. My guess is they didn't. It's also worth pointing out the current regime and not the previous one was at the helm when Smith and Barton were bought.

Good idea in theory.

In practice I think the Wise/Ashley plan might well have end up with us having the squad with the most potential..... in The Championship.

You simply cannot rape a squad that is bare bones anyway, then try and get through a season whilst magically bringing in the best young talent (that clearly no one else will be after).

The only remotely sensible way to do it would have been to strengthen the current squad, swapping out some of the overpaid players if possible (and if not simply swallowing the reality - Owen NOT being one of those overpaid players despite his high wage) and bringing in decent £5-10m ish players preferably with Premiership experience.

Which would be much more Keegan's vision than the "cockney mafia's" - and I think they know they've made huge mistakes by the way it's easier to spot a Yeti than it is part of NUFC's "continental" management structure (out side of some expensive bar anyway).

Seriously cunt, what bright young players?

If you're talking about the bairns we signed who can't win a game then you obviously are clueless!

...honestly, Joe Kinnear i'm content with...wasn't too happy with him, but that tirade against the press. Fair play to him. He just said what alot of managers which they could.

But poor poor Newcastle Press Officer...that must of been quite the story for the misses and kids.

"They tried to, thats why KK walked. Barton out, Owen out, Smith out and Milner out. All earning more money than they are worth. "

git yer heed oot yer arse....................Barton and Smith maybe, but Owen(now), Milner (preseason) were consistantly the best players on the pitch