5 Non Newcastle things that would make me happy this season

Guest Stevie

I have to agree somewhat with Alex, I would say we're a bigger club but not by much. To be honest there's no point in trotting out league titles and FA Cups won over 50 years ago as no one remembers them apart from Newcastle fans.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see how we're a bigger club than Spurs like. Which isn't to say your average Spurs fan doesn't go on like they're AC Milan as soon as they record back-to-back wins.

I find that gobsmackingly astonishing even for you.

I thought you would. But taking virtually any criteria, they're bigger than us. Probably the only time since the 50s we've had a claim to be bigger is in the 'Sky generation' you speak of. Even then, we've hardly outdone them in recent years. Historically they've won more than us and had bigger average gates, which would be the basis of most people's criteria. Not that the debate means a lot anyway.

Well one of mine has come true already - Richard Dunne proving he is a clumsy oaf who isn't any better than any one of our defenders at the club even though i was roundly slagged off when offering this point of view.

Don't feel smug though just relieved we didn't buy him. ;)

I have to agree somewhat with Alex, I would say we're a bigger club but not by much. To be honest there's no point in trotting out league titles and FA Cups won over 50 years ago as no one remembers them apart from Newcastle fans.

In terms of Domestic Cups they've done better in the last half century than us, but they haven't finished in the top two for nearly FIFTY years. Prior to that oh dear.

In terms of Domestic Cups they've done better in the last half century than us, but they haven't finished in the top two for nearly FIFTY years. Prior to that oh dear.

Which is, basically, very narrow criteria. I suppose Everton are bigger than us though? Using that as a benchmark.

I fail to see how we're a bigger club than Spurs like. Which isn't to say your average Spurs fan doesn't go on like they're AC Milan as soon as they record back-to-back wins.

I thought you would. But taking virtually any criteria, they're bigger than us. Probably the only time since the 50s we've had a claim to be bigger is in the 'Sky generation' you speak of. Even then, we've hardly outdone them in recent years. Historically they've won more than us and had bigger average gates, which would be the basis of most people's criteria. Not that the debate means a lot anyway.

We've had mackems, we've had scousers, we've had cockneys, we've had Yorkshire cunts, even foreign WUMS, and that is WITHOUT DOUBT the most clueless ignorant thing I've seen on this or any other message board for that matter. Astonishing would never begin to cover it. I'll reply properly tonight. The gates bit is the most laughable regardless what it says on nufc.com.

Who is the bigger club has nothing to do with us or Spurs fans, it's about how neutrals perceive us. As I said, I reckon we are the bigger club but there isn't a whole lot in it imo.

I don't think there's a lot in it. Newcastle is a different kettle of fish because it's the only club in a fairly large provincial city which is pretty obsessed by football.

Who is the bigger club has nothing to do with us or Spurs fans, it's about how neutrals perceive us. As I said, I reckon we are the bigger club but there isn't a whole lot in it imo.

It;s not even close 4fs. pmsl I can think of scores of people who would break their ribs laughing at the last 6 posts on this thread, astonishing, I can't think of any other words.

We've had mackems, we've had scousers, we've had cockneys, we've had Yorkshire cunts, even foreign WUMS, and that is WITHOUT DOUBT the most clueless ignorant thing I've seen on this or any other message board for that matter. Astonishing would never begin to cover it. I'll reply properly tonight. The gates bit is the most laughable regardless what it says on nufc.com.

It was mainly posted to wind you up, in case you hadn't noticed, so save your time. ;) The argument's a pathetic one anyway.

Its true though.

Forget Skys big four.

There are five big clubs in this country: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton.

As it was and as it always will be.

Its true though.

Forget Skys big four.

There are five big clubs in this country: Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton.

You total wanker ;) Sunderland come before the last two, arguably so do Leeds.

1908 Biggest and best supported three clubs: Newcastle, Arsenal and Man Utd

1948 Biggest and best supported three clubs: Newcastle, Man Utd and Arsenal

2008 Best supported three clubs: Man Utd, Arsenal and Newcastle

I fell for Alex's bait hook line and sinker I'm not falling for yours.

The only thing i really want to see, is spurs going down. I hate their players inc. Jenas, their fans, them thinking they are as big as us, their accents, their stadium, the area of tottenham - biggest shithole in england, mike ashley connections, appy arry, the luck they have with late goals, their fans short memories, i like to laugh at them, to see their stadium empty when they get relegated, we beat them 7-1 and 6-1 not too long ago, they buy our players - gazza, waddle, sir les, ginola, fox, scott, jenas, woodgate, they are from landan...

Edited by Nobby

Its true though.

Forget Skys big four.

;)

he actually believes that aswell

Its true though.

Forget Skys big four.

;)

Obviously too young to remember the big five.

We have been relegated before and still we still had massive crowds. We have never averaged under 20K in a season. Only us a Man Utd can say that.

Problem is with you lot is you are Jonnie come latelys who have bought the Sky mentality that football didn't exist before the premiership.

Embarrassing.

Its true though.

Forget Skys big four.

;)

We have been relegated before and still we still had massive crowds. We have never averaged under 20K in a season. Only us a Man Utd can say that.

Problem is with you lot is you are Jonnie come latelys who have bought the Sky mentality that football didn't exist before the premiership.

Embarrassing.

Problem is with you lot is you are Jolly come latelys who have bought the Jol mentality that football didn't exist before the Jol era.

Embarrassing.

The only thing i really want to see, is spurs going down. I hate their players inc. Jenas, their fans, them thinking they are as big as us, their accents, their stadium, the area of tottenham - biggest shithole in england, mike ashley connections, appy arry, the luck they have with late goals, their fans short memories, i like to laugh at them, to see their stadium empty when they get relegated, we beat them 7-1 and 6-1 not too long ago, they buy our players - gazza, waddle, sir les, ginola, fox, scott, jenas, woodgate, they are from landan...

I've spoken to many dyed in the wool yids who prior to Jol accepted that they're no where near us in terms of stature, but our demise and their minor revival has pushed their delusions to this status quo, laughable as it is.

Its true though.

Forget Skys big four.

;)

Embarrassing.

You averaged TWENTY THOUSAND in the top flight of English football despite coming in the top ten in 1986, you will never be taken seriously in these parts, because you are fully aware no one classes you as a decent club round here.

Its true though.

Forget Skys big four.

;)

Embarrassing.

You averaged TWENTY THOUSAND in the top flight of English football despite coming in the top ten in 1986, you will never be taken seriously in these parts, because you are fully aware no one classes you as a decent club round here.

No offence but do you think anybody cares what the zombies milling round Sid James think about a great club like mine?

Its true though.

Forget Skys big four.

;)

Embarrassing.

Problem is with you lot is you are Jolly come latelys who have bought the Jol mentality that football didn't exist before the Jol era.

Embarrassing.

25 years old. Do you even remember football before the premiership?

Its true though.

Forget Skys big four.

;)

Embarrassing.

No offence but do you think anybody cares what the zombies milling round Sid James think about a great club like mine?

Great club?? Fourth greatest in London. Clearly you do care or you wouldn't be here defending the club you stupidest of stupid cunts. You truly are a little dense man.

Its true though.

Forget Skys big four.

;)

Embarrassing.

they had much lower attendances than us when they were finishing joint 6th in the premierleague when we were in division 1

The obsession with Spurs on here is crazy.

More people want Spurs relegated than Sunderland? What is that all about?

:D:icon_lol:

Nothing to do with people being constantly harrassed by a wind up merchant with 1.5k + posts then ;)

The obsession with Spurs on here is crazy.

More people want Spurs relegated than Sunderland? What is that all about?

:D:icon_lol:

Nothing to do with people being constantly harrassed by a wind up merchant with 1.5k + posts then ;)

apparently THE HATRED WAS HERE BEFORE i ARRIVED. (caps)