Cheap Beer

jaythesouthernmag

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on the dole briefly around the time of the World Cup in 2006, and I thought fuck it look for a job after the World Cup. Every day during it I had either 8 or 16 cans of this drink called Double Dutch, 8 for a 5a was well nice.

Does session beer come in lavender bottles?

ha ha check out the Norverners giving it the biggun.

"Only four percent? Wearing a coot oon tha toon? Way ey ya big soothan poofda"

Aye, because drinking a weaker beer than normal when out with your mates (I presume that's what a session beer is) is in no way an attempt to look like you can drink loads of pints and keep up with everyone.

Aye, because drinking a weaker beer than normal when out with your mates (I presume that's what a session beer is) is in no way an attempt to look like you can drink loads of pints and keep up with everyone.

Session beer is nothing to do with keeping up, its when your on a leo and you dont want to be dead by midnight.

Would you go on a 14 hour stella bender? I would suggest against it.

When it comes to beer, I very rarely shy away from Becks (which I accept a lot of people can't stand).

Stella to me is just fucking chemical and a headache in a bottle. Although to be fair Alex, I've only ever drunk the stuff brewed over here. Is the French stuff that much better?

Other tipple is Jack Daniels. :scratchchin:

It's Belgian you tit :D I just think it tastes discernibly nicer. It's obviously similar but it doesn't have that shitty taste and the hangover isn't as bad either. Presumably the water source is the difference. It's difficult to get here now though. Beck's is good stuff as well (only ever brewed in Germany, no coincidence). Even something like 1664, which is bland as fuck if you get the stuff over here is a genuinely nice lager if you get it in France. Stronger as well. Same goes for Grolsch, the proper Dutch stuff is different class. I'm not sure if it's catering to the bland British beer drinkers' palates or what but it can't just be a coincidence.

:woosh:

Agree with the general sentiments. My brother says Carlsberg is a whole different beer if you're over in Copenhagen.

You're right about Becks only being imported. And it shows IMO.

Except of this horrible Four stuff that is solely produced for you philistines.

Vier? That stuff is rubbish.

Ja.

That stuff isn't ft for being poured down the bogs... :D

When I was in a bar in Banbury I asked for a Becks and was given a pint of that piss... Barman thought I was taking the piss when I refused it.

EDIT: Not at all surprised that Danny likes it

Session beer is nothing to do with keeping up, its when your on a leo and you dont want to be dead by midnight.

Would you go on a 14 hour stella bender? I would suggest against it.

Basically what I said.

Personally I'd just drink stuff I liked then go home when I had enough. I'm not arsed about all that macho shit tbh.

I've nothing in principle against drinking a 4% beer on a night out, it's just that I've yet to encounter a 4% beer that didn't taste awful. Becks Vier just tastes like watered-down Becks. :D

I've nothing in principle against drinking a 4% beer on a night out, it's just that I've yet to encounter a 4% beer that didn't taste awful. Becks Vier just tastes like watered-down Becks. :woosh:

Becks Vier IS watered down Becks...... :D

its when your on a leo and you dont want to be dead by midnight.

On a what? :D

Leo Sayer

Take your cockney-rhyming slang and shove it up your arse. I take it with the same disdain with people who insist in talking in text speak...

I have enough deal with wankers like you at work :woosh:

The problem I find is that I like a real ale generally however I find if I have 4-5 of them I dont feel like carrying on.

I want a beer I can drink all day without falling over. Becks Vier may be pretty bland but it beats Carling / Carlsberg / Fosters etc.

Ticks the boxes for me.

Fosters is the only 'piss beer' i can find locate some taste buds to accept. But even that has to be on a baking hot day when thirst outweighs palatability when there's no other alternative.

The others I just won't even contemplate.

Real ales taste like piss as well imo.

Continental lager man?

I like continental lager if it's decent stuff. I also like Belgian beers (the blond ones in general), wheat beers and you can't whack a nice pint of Guiness (a shit pint of it is awful though). I quite like the occasional Brown Ale as well and stuff like Smitheck's (sp?) and London Pride is nice as well. Sorry if that's crushed your stereoptype.

Continental lager man?

I like continental lager if it's decent stuff. I also like Belgian beers (the blond ones in general), wheat beers and you can't whack a nice pint of Guiness (a shit pint of it is awful though). I quite like the occasional Brown Ale as well and stuff like Smitheck's (sp?) and London Pride is nice as well. Sorry if that's crushed your stereoptype.

I terms of ales, I'll drink

Guinness

London Pride

Bombardier

Theakstons Old Perculiar

The rest, you can keep.

Continental lager man?

Im a big fan of Erdinger but not wheat beer in general and I fell in love with Peroni Grand Reserva in Rome earlier this year.

Favourite Ales are: London Pride, TT Landlord, Bombardier, Fursty Ferret or anything from the Rebellion brewery.

Erdinger's nice stuff. Kristalls (sp?) are nice as they are wheat (or white) beers that are filtered and therefore clear. Erdinger do one. My fav 'bierre de luxe' would have to be either Krusovice (as a session beer :D ) - really nice Czech pilsner - better than Staropramen and Budvar (which are both v. nice) or Duvel which is lush but has to be served well chilled and is rocket fuel tbf. Grimbergen blond is another favourite.

I like those Samuel Smith's lagers you can get in London. Went through a phase of drinking in a pub called De Hems in the late 90s and got addicted to Oranjeboom, but I've went right off it recently.

My all time favourite lager is a Cypriot beer called Keo, the asians near Jesmond Dene bridge is the only place in Newcastle I know who sell it.