Cheap Beer

jaythesouthernmag

No, don't give it up. Instead, I want to see a full length soap script out of you. Pots and Schooners, by Martin McMeenzer. I want to see what your handle of Aussie English is as it is far more evolved than what you lot speak.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cath: Cascade's not too bad. Of course it's owned by Fosters meaning while it used to be from Tassie it's now Victorian. :icon_lol:

Since I've been away Fosters have launched, and it'll sound gay, a low-carb beer. Tried it for the first time a few weeks ago and it's amazing. It has been my beer of choice the last few weeks. But then again anything Victorian and not VB is going to be awesome. ;)

My fav in Oz was Cooper's. They sell their Sparkling Ale in The Tyne. Their Pale Ale is canny as well. The nicest Pale I've had though (different class to Deuchars and the like) is Goose Island, which is actually an American beer. That Sierra Nevada stuff is good as well but not quite as nice as Goose Island. It's hard to get though. Safeways used to sell it.

I still think the best beer ive had is european beer, czech beer is great

If you get the chance I'd recommend trying Krusovice. Asda had it in for a while but stopped for some reason. Probably wasn't bland enough for the UK ;) Similar to Staropramen and Budvar. Nicer imo though.

Kristalls (sp?) are nice as they are wheat (or white) beers that are filtered and therefore clear. Erdinger do one.

Kristall would definitely be my drink of choice on a night out in Jormany. Tastes a bit strange over here, but that's no doubt all in the head.

;)

If you get the chance I'd recommend trying Krusovice. Asda had it in for a while but stopped for some reason. Probably wasn't bland enough for the UK ;) Similar to Staropramen and Budvar. Nicer imo though.

i may of had it. i been over to prague three times now and try all the local stuff. the more out of the centre you get the better beer you get. they have a stout beer too looks like guiness but isn't lol if that makes sense. I find it hard to drink the crap we have over here its all full of chemicals and not the same just over fizzy crap. Germany and holland have great beer too.

i may of had it. i been over to prague three times now and try all the local stuff. the more out of the centre you get the better beer you get. they have a stout beer too looks like guiness but isn't lol if that makes sense. I find it hard to drink the crap we have over here its all full of chemicals and not the same just over fizzy crap. Germany and holland have great beer too.

You probably have. I haven't been but apparently it's fairly widely available in Prague. I've only had the pilsner but I think Krusovice do a stout-type ale as well.

If you get the chance I'd recommend trying Krusovice. Asda had it in for a while but stopped for some reason. Probably wasn't bland enough for the UK :icon_lol: Similar to Staropramen and Budvar. Nicer imo though.

My Czech mate Marek was telling me when I was in Prague last that there is a specific Pilsner they give to people to cure liver troubles. ;)

It is one of the best european countries to go for beer. You know you got a good beer when you can taste the hops etc in it and in prague you can ;) the budvar is good over here but still not as good as it is on draught. I would recommend anyone to go to prague its a great country too hence i been there 3 times lol

It is one of the best european countries to go for beer. You know you got a good beer when you can taste the hops etc in it and in prague you can :icon_lol: the budvar is good over here but still not as good as it is on draught. I would recommend anyone to go to prague its a great country too hence i been there 3 times lol

Lovely place and women are really easy to get on with as most haven't a clue what you're saying. ;)

My fav in Oz was Cooper's. They sell their Sparkling Ale in The Tyne. Their Pale Ale is canny as well. The nicest Pale I've had though (different class to Deuchars and the like) is Goose Island, which is actually an American beer. That Sierra Nevada stuff is good as well but not quite as nice as Goose Island. It's hard to get though. Safeways used to sell it.

The Magus in there is a canny session ale.

It is one of the best european countries to go for beer. You know you got a good beer when you can taste the hops etc in it and in prague you can :icon_lol: the budvar is good over here but still not as good as it is on draught. I would recommend anyone to go to prague its a great country too hence i been there 3 times lol

Lovely place and women are really easy to get on with as most haven't a clue what you're saying. ;)

lol yeah thats another reason people go...women..

but yeah people are great over there and its a cheap little holiday too. last time i went was with the missus and we got 4* hotel 1 tube stop from centre 4 nights plus flights breakfast for £400 for both of us.

Kristalls (sp?) are nice as they are wheat (or white) beers that are filtered and therefore clear. Erdinger do one.

Kristall would definitely be my drink of choice on a night out in Jormany. Tastes a bit strange over here, but that's no doubt all in the head.

:icon_lol:

Speaking of beer, don't suppose you fancy doing the Finnegans pub quiz this Sunday? ;)

:icon_lol:

Speaking of beer, don't suppose you fancy doing the Finnegans pub quiz this Sunday? ;)

Ha ha!

What time?

:D

Speaking of beer, don't suppose you fancy doing the Finnegans pub quiz this Sunday? :icon_lol:

Ha ha!

What time?

Think it kicks off about 8-8.30. Mind you, last time we were in town it was off because they were showing the Rugby World Cup, so I'm still waiting for confirmation that there isn't some grand hurling or shinty final on the box instead. ;)

:(

Speaking of beer, don't suppose you fancy doing the Finnegans pub quiz this Sunday? :D

Ha ha!

What time?

Think it kicks off about 8-8.30. Mind you, last time we were in town it was off because they were showing the Rugby World Cup, so I'm still waiting for confirmation that there isn't some grand hurling or shinty final on the box instead. ;)

Let's meet anyway. PM me your mobilette. :icon_lol: