JFK Sell players to fund buying spree

Guest Stevie

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its all so depressing. And its also so depressing that during that 50 pager you are talking about, the amount of people who actually opposed the notion of actually competing with the other clubs, and still do in lots of cases.

Things are very bad, the worst they have been for years and years. The worst thing is we can't do nothing about it, not a thing.

I'm fed up now of trying to tell some of these people to be honest, the whole business is just indescribably sad, how its all turned out. I honestly thought I would never see the day again when this club behaved like 2nd raters again, I thought such days were gone for good. Just shows we all learn something, you just never know whats round the corner with this football club.

Yup,

I made my predictions yesterday and I stand by them even more so now that this statement has come out. We are totally and utterly fucked.

Scott Parker should be on that list of players sold as well, shouldn't he?

Which would actually take our transfer dealings into a net profit.

I can't remember whether he went just before or after the club was taken over but that makes very little difference anyway since he went the summer Allardyce arrived.

Parker left a week before Barton and Rozenhal arrived so the £7M recouped was quickly spent then some (£8.7M for the two).

I'm not saying he's spent loads or anything by the way.

Remember that 50 pager on N.O. when I was pontificating we needed to spend 100m over two windows to compete? :D:aye:;)

its all so depressing. And its also so depressing that during that 50 pager you are talking about, the amount of people who actually opposed the notion of actually competing with the other clubs, and still do in lots of cases.

Things are very bad, the worst they have been for years and years. The worst thing is we can't do nothing about it, not a thing.

I'm fed up now of trying to tell some of these people to be honest, the whole business is just indescribably sad, how its all turned out. I honestly thought I would never see the day again when this club behaved like 2nd raters again, I thought such days were gone for good. Just shows we all learn something, you just never know whats round the corner with this football club.

Aye.

People don't understand the basics ie it's better to spend 30m net in one go to give the first 11 a boost rather than in dribs and drabs over 2/3 years.

I can't remember whether he went just before or after the club was taken over but that makes very little difference anyway since he went the summer Allardyce arrived.

Parker left a week before Barton and Rozenhal arrived so the £7M recouped was quickly spent then some (£8.7M for the two).

Remember that 50 pager on N.O. when I was pontificating we needed to spend 100m over two windows to compete? :D:aye:;)

Aye.

People don't understand the basics ie it's better to spend 30m net in one go to give the first 11 a boost rather than in dribs and drabs over 2/3 years.

Unless you give that money to Graeme Souness.

Remember that 50 pager on N.O. when I was pontificating we needed to spend 100m over two windows to compete? :lol:;)B)

Aye.

Look at what the teams in the bottom half with us spent....

Newcastle £20M

West Brom spent £24M

Blackburn spent £12M

Mackems £20 odd million

Spurs £40 odd million

Man City £65 million

Bolton about £20 Million

Even Stoke spent £15M

None of them have been able to push on up the league though.

Now look at the top half....

Fulham £20 Million

Boro less than 10M

Hull less than 10M

The teams that have managed to push up the league haven't spent more or even as much as those left down the bottom, and the ones who were already there haven't gone crazy.

I'm not saying you shouldn't spend money, of course you must. But the assumption that throwing £40 million at the situation would have made everything ok or will do in January is a fallacy. The ones that have pushed on have all kept the same manager for a year like.

Unlike us, Tottenham, Man City and Blackburn who should be up there. Maybe that should be our priority.

Edited by Happy Face

Remember that 50 pager on N.O. when I was pontificating we needed to spend 100m over two windows to compete? :lol:;)B)

Aye.

Look at what the teams in the bottom half with us spent....

Newcastle £20M

West Brom spent £24M

Blackburn spent £12M

Mackems £20 odd million

Spurs £40 odd million

Man City £65 million

Bolton about £20 Million

Even Stoke spent £15M

None of them have been able to push on up the league though.

Now look at the top half....

Fulham £20 Million

Boro less than 10M

Hull less than 10M

The teams that have managed to push up the league haven't spent more or even as much as those left down the bottom, and the ones who were already there haven't gone crazy.

I'm not saying you shouldn't spend money, of course you must. But the assumption that throwing £40 million at the situation would have made everything ok or will do in January is a fallacy. The ones that have pushed on have all kept the same manager for a year like.

Unlike us, Tottenham, Man City and Blackburn who should be up there. Maybe that should be our priority.

I don't think anybody thinks that throwing money at it will solve it. You won't see any posts by me saying this, but you will find quotes saying that you have to think big, buy quality footballers and behave like the big club we are when it comes to getting the players the other top clubs also want

You need a canny manager, then you need to back his judgement. Shame Ashley only got that half right.

basic policy in a nutshell. Forget about all these fancy "plans" and other such bollocks.

Getting the canny manager is the hard bit mind.

I don't think anybody thinks that throwing money at it will solve it. You won't see any posts by me saying this, but you will find quotes saying that you have to think big, buy quality footballers and behave like the big club we are when it comes to getting the players the other top clubs also want

Anybody but Parky and his "Must spend £100M over 2 windows." :lol:

You need a canny manager, then you need to back his judgement. Shame Ashley only got that half right.

basic policy in a nutshell. Forget about all these fancy "plans" and other such bollocks.

Aye, Villa have backed O'Neill to the hilt and they seem to be getting the rewards, top 4 heading into christmas.

They've certainly leaped ahead of Everton who failed to do just that.

this sort of response, is just being pedantic though

If you don't buy a ticket you won't win the raffle.

You will only ever find x amount of "bargains", at the end of the day, you MUST have 2 or 3 players the other top clubs want themselves if you want to beat them.

ManU and Chelsea are a step up, but Liverpool have Torres, and Gerrard. They have also paid big money for Kite and Keane. Arsenal are now sliding because Wenger is not entering this sort of level of spending. Maybe he's not being allowed to, but he's always said he didn't want to do it that way.

You will only ever find x amount of "bargains", at the end of the day, you MUST have 2 or 3 players the other top clubs want themselves if you want to beat them.

ManU and Chelsea are a step up, but Liverpool have Torres, and Gerrard. They have also paid big money for Kite and Keane. Arsenal are now sliding because Wenger is not entering this sort of level of spending. Maybe he's not being allowed to, but he's always said he didn't want to do it that way.

We're miles behind those clubs though and have been for five years.

Anybody but Parky and his "Must spend £100M over 2 windows." ;)

Kite :lol:

Edited by Attain

Newcastle United interim manager Joe Kinnear insists Charles N' Zogbia is staying

Newcastle United interim manager Joe Kinnear has branded suggestions that he aiming to off-load versatile Frenchman Charles N' Zogbia as "nonsense".

Kinnear is already preparing to bolster the Newcastle squad with some wheeling and dealing when the transfer window re-opens in January but insists that N'Zogbia remains very much part of his plans despite claims to the contrary.

"I've read reports suggesting Charles is a player I am looking to sell during the transfer window," Kinnear said. "I don't know who puts these stories out, but it's just nonsense.

"We've got a big challenge ahead of us this season and we're all very aware of that.

"Charles is an important member of the squad and is very much in plans. You want to add players of Charles' quality to the squad, not lose them." Whilst Kinnear's indignation may be understandable, N'Zogbia had fuelled suggestions that his days at the relegation-threatened club were numbered by making it clear he was restless.

"Newcastle know that I am looking for more playing time," N'Zogbia said. " If a transfer can be done, all the better. I am 22 years old. I want to play.

I must soon meet the leaders of Newcastle to take stock. Paris St Germain's interest flatters me. As a boy, I dreamed of playing for them. I always have.

" Despite that, N'Zogbia helped Newcastle to a morale-boosting 0-0 draw as a second-half substitute at Chelsea last weekend even though he missed the squad's pre-match morning stroll because he allegedly slept in.

"No one could believe it when he said he was too tired," a Newcastle insider was quoted as saying. "He was the only player who didn't turn up.'

Now Kinnear is confident his team can climb out of the relegation zone on Saturday at Middlesbrough.

"The Chelsea draw is a massive lift," said Kinnear. You could tell by the dressing room after the game, the lads were buzzing. It lifts the whole mood in preparing for the derby at Middlesbrough.

"It will be a totally different game at the Riverside because this one we'll have a great chance of winning. It was always going to be tough to win at Chelsea but I thought maybe we could nick something given the players we've got.

"That wasn't to be and in the end I was delighted with the point. We'll have another big following at Middlesbrough and that's always a huge boost for the lads.

"Hopefully we'll give them something to cheer about come Saturday tea-time."

Well, what is the daft shites name. Kite ? Coot ? Cowt ?

Just call him kite and have done with it.

We're miles behind those clubs though and have been for five years.

there is only one way to catch them up.

2nd rate outlook is no good HF.

Your way of looking at it, is the way that small clubs like West Ham, Pompey and Spurs should be doing it.

We are Newcastle United. We have the 3rd biggest crowd in the country, potentially possibly the 2nd biggest fanbase. Players like Alan Shearer should be playing for us all the time and we should be trying to buy comparable players to play with him all the time ie buying the best players from the smaller clubs like pompey, West Ham and Spurs.

Deliberate I think ;)

have a word with that clever lad Attain, Tom.

B)

For the record, they spell it Kuyt.

However they pronounce it about five or six different ways :lol:

Deliberate I think ;)

have a word with that clever lad Attain, Tom.

:icon_lol:

For the record, they spell it Kuyt.

However they pronounce it about five or six different ways :lol:

I prenounce it coyt...i heard him in a TV interview when he was asked how it was prenounced and it is coyt.

Kuyt, coyt....whatever...he's the ugliest fucking footballer iv ever seen anyway. B)

Aye, Villa have backed O'Neill to the hilt and they seem to be getting the rewards, top 4 heading into christmas.

They've certainly leaped ahead of Everton who failed to do just that.

bloody hell, is this a first :lol:

"Kiet".