Corrective measures in Jan.

Park Life

Bearing in mind MA has told JFK it's an in and out policy reg cash available. After which JFK has gone on to contradict this regarding his now weekly outpourings regarding players he's looking at - with widely differing values.

What are the basic things we can do, not only involving transfers to correct our situation?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

get ourselves sold. that won't easily happen.

get some loan players in that aren't crocked. quantity is as important as quality.

permanently sign a high quality left back.

sign 2 ball winners and a creative player in midfield as its pretty clear that butt can't do what he did even 12 months ago.

try different tactics. play on the break at home....

get ourselves sold. that won't easily happen.

get some loan players in that aren't crocked. quantity is as important as quality.

permanently sign a high quality left back.

sign 2 ball winners and a creative player in midfield as its pretty clear that butt can't do what he did even 12 months ago.

try different tactics. play on the break at home....

I was thinking that very thing this morning.

I thought we played some great football on saturday but things fell to bits when we had no midfielders left (geremis legs went around 55 mins) and jfk fucked the subs up. CM is a position that has never been resolved since Speed left and I still reckon you get a someone like Appiah in (even if it isn't him) who is strong and can keep possession there is not much wrong with the team. Possession and the spine of the team are key - we are getting some solidity at the back and creating up front but Cm for me and obviously replace any players leaving

I thought we played some great football on saturday but things fell to bits when we had no midfielders left (geremis legs went around 55 mins) and jfk fucked the subs up. CM is a position that has never been resolved since Speed left and I still reckon you get a someone like Appiah in (even if it isn't him) who is strong and can keep possession there is not much wrong with the team. Possession and the spine of the team are key - we are getting some solidity at the back and creating up front but Cm for me and obviously replace any players leaving

I was considering using Colocinni as the DM and also getting another CM in.

Edited by Park Life

Bearing in mind MA has told JFK it's an in and out policy reg cash available.

Who said that? I read he was getting £15M.

Where was this?

Oh, I've got to reveal my sources before you will yours eh? :razz:

ESPN...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...and&cc=5739

Kinnear met owner Mike Ashley this week and secured a reported £12million to spend in the window

I misremembered the amount.

ashley would be a total moron not to give jfk a decent wedge to spend in the january sales like. he's not going to get much return on his investment if he ends up trying to flog a championship club.

i would like to see no players sold and at least three new ones bought in.

Where was this?

ESPN...

Kinnear met owner Mike Ashley this week and secured a reported £12million to spend in the window

That is good news and it is more recent. I'm happy with that....I did infer in the OP that JFK has come out with various scenarios so wasn't sure what to believe. He did start a few weeks ago saying it was an in and out thing, but I'm more than happy if that has changed. Maybe MA is waking up to the impending crisis. Looks like the Milner money to me.

ashley would be a total moron not to give jfk a decent wedge to spend in the january sales like. he's not going to get much return on his investment if he ends up trying to flog a championship club.

Bearing in mind the PL TV money alone means not gambling in the Jan window isn't really an option.

Bearing in mind the PL TV money alone means not gambling in the Jan window isn't really an option.

Funny you should say that....

Some have disputed the results of a recent Journal survey which appeared to show 44% of fans were willing to accept Ashley as owner if he could not find a buyer. Ultimately, however, acceptance does not come into it and this is not a popularity contest.

Newcastle need Ashley to invest in players and Ashley needs to invest whether he is liked or not on Tyneside. Otherwise he is going to be the owner of a Championship club with a crippling wage bill and an alarming likeness to League One’s once-mighty Leeds United.

His net spend on new players since he took over is a little over £12m, a figure more than covered by the television deal with Sky. It is not unreasonable to suggest he will have to double that in the New Year if Kinnear is going to get the players he needs.

A left-back and a central midfielder are the most pressing concerns, even if the lack of progress on a new contract for Michael Owen remains equally critical.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/nufc-res...61634-22425571/

All of this lost will be for sale in Jan. They are perilously short of cash.

1 Robert Green Goalkeeper

2 Lucas Neill Defender

3 Herita Ilunga Defender

4 Daniel Gabbidon Defender

5 Walter Lopez Defender

7 Kieron Dyer Midfielder

8 Scott Parker Midfielder

9 Dean Ashton Striker

10 Craig Bellamy Striker

11 Matthew Etherington Midfielder

12 Carlton Cole Striker

13 Luis Boa Morte Striker

15 Matthew Upson Defender

16 Mark Noble Midfielder

17 Hayden Mullins Midfielder

18 Jonathan Spector Defender

19 James Collins Defender

20 Julien Faubert Midfielder

21 Valon Behrami

Where was this?

ESPN...

That is good news and it is more recent. I'm happy with that....I did infer in the OP that JFK has come out with various scenarios so wasn't sure what to believe. He did start a few weeks ago saying it was an in and out thing, but I'm more than happy if that has changed. Maybe MA is waking up to the impending crisis. Looks like the Milner money to me.

At the very least that should be available. I'm still bemused at the seeming lack of funds in the club though are we really running revenue neutral, barring that £12m?

Part of the reason we are where we are is cause we missed out on Sidwell, Diarra and Muamba. All better than Guthrie or Butt.

too right.

i'd go for noble as well. good player though nothing really special.

oh and a decent head coach. someone that can adapt the team rather than just trot out the same BS every week.

Despite his recent injury troubles, I would take Parker back.

We'd surely be able to buy him for less than we sold him to them. :razz:

As a player though I'd probably prefer Barton, though he seems to be just as injury prone, and Parker is certainly the more likeable of the two.

Despite his recent injury troubles, I would take Parker back.

We'd surely be able to buy him for less than we sold him to them. :razz:

As a player though I'd probably prefer Barton, though he seems to be just as injury prone, and Parker is certainly the more likeable of the two.

Noble just came on he looks really good to me. Young, good touch and on the fringes of the West Ham side so we could nick him. We really need two central midfielders who can pin a game down when we have leads. Good engines, good passing. Our center is too lightweight and whoever plays there seems knackered mid way through the second half.

Edited by Park Life