Out

Given - £8m

N'Zogbia - £4m

Total - £12m

In

Nolan - £4.5m

Taylor - £2.5m

Total - £7m

= £5m profit? Or have I missed someone out?

Zamblera out for £0

Its more or less £8 mil profit this window

Still, the numpties who spend all their time jizzing over the state of the balance sheet will be happy.

See, thats teenagers though, spend all day jizzing over their sheets

Its more or less £8 mil profit this window

Still, the numpties who spend all their time jizzing over the state of the balance sheet will be happy.

See, thats teenagers though, spend all day jizzing over their sheets

:nufc: Of course Fat Mike has other people to launder his sheets after he's wiped his arse on them.

I've gone too far, I'll get me coat.

Where is Baggio and his £80 - £100?

Same place as Ashely and his 20 mill transfer fund. Nowhere-to-be-fckn-seen

Aye but he has funded a £22m champagne fund with the cash from selling players in the summer and this window.

Does Ashley really think that once he's asset stripped the club down to Championship level the club will be anything but Championship level, no matter how much more he adds to his back pocket/champagne fund? :nufc:

I know people talk about 'asset stripping' but that really makes no sense to me, i.e. I don't think that is what is going on? I think he's trying to get the wage bill down over the medium term and replace what he sees as deadwood. I think with Given they thought it was too good an opportunity to miss but believed they get more like £10m for a 33 year old keeper when there are 3 other keepers at the club (one a very good one and two with excellent potential). I'm not defending what Ashley is doing btw - I just think he isn't asset stripping with a view to making money that way because he'd lose a lot more if we went down than he'd gain from this policy. I think his plan is to have the club on an even keel, with a relatively low wage bill in the middle of the PL so he can then sell the club on at a profit a few years down the line (if an opportunity came along earlier he'd take / would have taken it though). I think this was always his plan as well (that's just a hunch btw). Part of this policy also includes getting young talent in on the cheap who I also suspect will be sold on at a profit if things go to plan thus helping to balance those books. The big problem is the mistakes he's made (from as early as not completing due dilligence) and his general ineptitude in being able to execute his plan at a football club.

Like I said, not saying I'm right - just my take on it with a fair bit of guesswork.

I know people talk about 'asset stripping' but that really makes no sense to me, i.e. I don't think that is what is going on? I think he's trying to get the wage bill down over the medium term and replace what he sees as deadwood. I think with Given they thought it was too good an opportunity to miss but believed they get more like £10m for a 33 year old keeper when there are 3 other keepers at the club (one a very good one and two with excellent potential). I'm not defending what Ashley is doing btw - I just think he isn't asset stripping with a view to making money that way because he'd lose a lot more if we went down than he'd gain from this policy. I think his plan is to have the club on an even keel, with a relatively low wage bill in the middle of the PL so he can then sell the club on at a profit a few years down the line (if an opportunity came along earlier he'd take / would have taken it though). I think this was always his plan as well (that's just a hunch btw). Part of this policy also includes getting young talent in on the cheap who I also suspect will be sold on at a profit if things go to plan thus helping to balance those books. The big problem is the mistakes he's made (from as early as not completing due dilligence) and his general ineptitude in being able to execute his plan at a football club.

Like I said, not saying I'm right - just my take on it with a fair bit of guesswork.

I agree with most of that. He jumped in and thought he'd actually acquired the club fairly cheaply, he didn't do his homework and got bitten on the arse by a bigger cowboy FS.

I know people talk about 'asset stripping' but that really makes no sense to me

It makes no sense at all, but that's the only phrase that seems to make any sense.

He's not only "getting the wage bill down", but he's making a nice profit at the same time which is not being re-invested. :nufc:

Even if we ignore that as blindly assume he does have the very best of intentions, the way he's going about it by the time the wage bill is slashed the quality of the team will be ridiculously low and we'll probably be in the Championship with our economic income slashed as well.

Trying to run the club as a £0 interest could maybe have worked IF we'd already had a decent quality cheap team and an utterly top notch scouting network (although even then), but we don't.

He doesn't seem to under stand how relative football is, running the club as a £0 interest when we're top 6 every year is vastly different to doing it once we've nosedived into the Championship (and our income along with it) - there's no such thing as bargain basement football.

Anyone who didn't do their homework deserves everything they get tbh. But he's a liar imo in that he's now trying to say he's being financially prudent because of 1) the club's debts etc. being worse than he thought and 2) the 'credit crunch'. The reason I think he's a liar on this I pretty much know for sure that he intimated to Keegan that he would have plenty money to spend. However this didn't materialise even though he already knew about the debt when KK was appointed and the credit crunch hadn't even happened last summer when he fucked KK over.

I know people talk about 'asset stripping' but that really makes no sense to me

It makes no sense at all, but that's the only phrase that seems to make any sense.

He's not only "getting the wage bill down", but he's making a nice profit at the same time which is not being re-invested. :nufc:

Even if we ignore that as blindly assume he does have the very best of intentions, the way he's going about it by the time the wage bill is slashed the quality of the team will be ridiculously low and we'll probably be in the Championship with our economic income slashed as well.

Trying to run the club as a £0 interest could maybe have worked IF we'd already had a decent quality cheap team and an utterly top notch scouting network (although even then), but we don't.

He doesn't seem to under stand how relative football is, running the club as a £0 interest when we're top 6 every year is vastly different to doing it once we've nosedived into the Championship (and our income along with it) - there's no such thing as bargain basement football.

I know it looks like 'asset stripping'. I didn't mean to have a go at you btw for using that. I just think that isn't strictly speaking his plan because it damages the thing, i.e. NUFC, that he's payed a lot for and ploughed a lot into. I think we are in agreement about the type of bloke he is and him not caring about the club / fans beyond what he can make. Did you agree with the rest / any other parts of my post btw? I think it makes a bit of sense (if anything does) about his barrow boy attitude to business and how he might be trying to do things at NUFC.

Btw, his biggest mistake imo is something Parky alluded to the other day in that he has compromised the first XI in order to achieve his overall plans for the club.

Anyone who didn't do their homework deserves everything they get tbh. But he's a liar imo in that he's now trying to say he's being financially prudent because of 1) the club's debts etc. being worse than he thought and 2) the 'credit crunch'. The reason I think he's a liar on this I pretty much know for sure that he intimated to Keegan that he would have plenty money to spend. However this didn't materialise even though he already knew about the debt when KK was appointed and the credit crunch hadn't even happened last summer when he fucked KK over.

....and who agreed those silly wages for hasbeens (Catnapper, Smith, Unfituka) anyway? Yes fatty himself.

according to last nights chronicle its £5.9 spread over 4 years for Given; which if true mens they negotiated for 2 weeks for 900k after city offered £5m and kinnear called it an insult

understand where your coming from with the reduction in wage bill scenario. unfortnately rather than following his arsenal model he's following the path of a West Brom; relegation; clear out, parachute payment to balance the books or set up of a small warchest and hope we come up at first/second attempt. similar technique used at Bolton over the years.

big gamble; ask Derby; Leeds, Leicester, southampton, norwich, ipswich, coventry to name but a few established div1/prem clubs who slipped out and havent made it back.

i personally think he is wrong if thats what he's thinking. it is destined to fail - he will succeed in taking us down; stars will leave and the wage bill will be trimmed significantly; but there it will end. we wont be coming back up and he wont be forgiven for destroying our premier league status. the squad will be decimated, wont be replaced by quality and we will languish in the fizzy pop league.

ashley wise and llambias have over seen a disaster;

nolan cost £4.5m; taylor was a makeweight valued at £2m making the gross Nzogbia deal £8m; shay realistically went for £8m minimum or Ashley got his eyes taken out again (didnt you do due diligence on given and compare to sunderlands reserve keeper that cost them £9m)

he's trousered £9.5m profit during this window alone.

I don't think you do get where I'm coming from tbh. I was trying to guess what Ashley's plan is rather than agreeing with it. I think it's doomed to failure as well but even if it succeeds I think it would see us as a sort of Charlton under Curbishley which isn't quite what I'd call 'having a bit of fun' to use Ashley's phrase.

I don't think you do get where I'm coming from tbh. I was trying to guess what Ashley's plan is rather than agreeing with it. I think it's doomed to failure as well but even if it succeeds I think it would see us as a sort of Charlton under Curbishley which isn't quite what I'd call 'having a bit of fun' to use Ashley's phrase.

You're right in the sense the only plan ever was a quick sale after a cheap buy. I don't think he ever wanted to be here more than a year or two, to balance the books and sell on at a profit.