• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it fucking works towel boy!

never had a problem with mine in the 3 years or so I've had it

plus I have fight nights demo so :wub:

No trying to start a war, but...

The PS3 is simply gash :wub:

Enjoy those HD-DVD movies before the Red Ring of Death arrives, if you can hear them over the drone of the powersupply :lol:

Interesting....It is one hell of a game, but I feel it is going to take me a while to fully get used to the controls!

yeh I'm not to keen on the control system so far, bit hit/miss (pardon) with some of the punches, what was wrong with using the buttons?

I have just spend a good while playing this!

The replays are awesome and the graphics are the best I have seen.

And it's only a demo! :icon_lol:

Brilliant graphics, amazing even... presentation looks brilliant too and I love a good create your own player mode.

BUT the punching really feels weird just as I had feared watching some videos. Never feels like you're really making that much contact when the big hits connect and it's as if you're prodding away at your opponent with the rest of the hits as opposed to jabbing.

Don't think I'll be getting it.

Had about 3 fights on the demo so far, I'm really enjoying it, the movement and punching is a lot more fluid than round 3, but I agree with Matt, the punches do feel a bit tippy tappy, you don't get the feeling of any weight behind the blows, but maybe that is because it's Hatton and Pacquiao, maybe heavier boxers will give the feeling of crunching blows, I guess we'll see.

You tried holding the power punch button to make a punch? That's when you really get the feeling of making a big hit. Still tempted to get the game, despite the demo being incredibly easy.

Don't judge the game by the demo !

Update: 05-15-2009

Couple of quick things that I can speak about right away. First, for those interested timelines, the demo was locked down about 7 weeks ago in early, early April. As you might imagine, the final weeks of development is when a lot of the fine tuning and polishing gets completed. For example, off the top off my head:

1. Stamina. Stamina loss is a little higher and stamina regeneration is a little slower.

2. Punch connections. Landed punch collisions are cleaner and hit reactions have more intensity.

3. Cuts and Swelling. The onset is very fast in the demo. In the final version, depending on your susceptibility to damage you find that you might have several fights without incurring any significant damage - but then when it does happen, it really affects the way your fight plays out between rounds.

4. Punch Animations. Tweaks on many punches occurred after the demo was out the door to address performance/technique issues.

5. Gameplay Audio. The mix in the demo is not great and we know that. Lots of audio work was done in the final 6-7 weeks and it sounds much better.

6. Counter Punch Window. The counter window is roughly the same length, maybe a little shorter in the final version. But we tuned how often you can open it up. They don't happen as often overall.

7. AI Difficulty & Exploits. The final weeks were spent heavily invested in finding AI exploits like the hook spamming, body punch spamming, haymaker spamming, etc. It's tightened up quite a bit. Difficulty on the demo is pretty low, but we did that on purpose so people wouldn't get annihilated their first few fights.

8. Foot Speed & Locomotion. Little bit faster overall, but also behaves much better changing directions and maintaining distance to opponent when moving laterally.

9. HUD & Settings. There is an option to turn off HUD in final game. Options to change camera too. Gameplay sliders to adjust power, damage, speed and CPU behaviors.

10. Miscellaneous Hatton has his new tattoos. Shane Mosley's name is spelled correctly. As mentioned previously, several of the boxers overall ratings have been updated/balanced.

Hope that helps. More info to come when its available.