At least this window isnt running the same as last one

peasepud

Last window they put all of the players up for sale with a few days to go of the window.

At least that hasn't happened this time, no, hes put them all up* with three weeks left, plenty time to get the auctions going methinks.

*according to a reliable source, there are no untouchable players at this club.

Now then, what odds was relegation again? :icon_lol:

Aye every player has his price but I do not think its as clear cut as Ashley will let anyone go for peanuts. He got 7 for Parker, 7 for Dyer, 12 for Milner, 2.9 for Rozenhal etc. The one thing he has not been is a mug when selling players.

Aye like everyone else I have huge question marks over if the money would actually be reinvested and I realise how fucked we would be if he didn't, however give or take 5 maybe 6 players if you are lucky in our squad I couldn't care less if the others went. Players like Duff on 70k, Butt on 40k, Geremi on 45k Viduka..... etc etc even Barton although he is one of our better players is a joke at 60k. We have very average players (arguably one of the worst midfields in the league) on top team money.

Again though as I said the real proof will be if any money or players brought in (as the like of Bassong has shown you do not alwyas have to have the big name players) and how they perform.

I'd like to get Geremi, Smith and Viduka off the wage bill.

Sounds like Viduka is going no where till the end of the season and then he is back off to Oz.

Wasn't aware he came back. :icon_lol:

These three are costing the club around a million a month in wages and rarely play or deliver much. Best three to get shot of imo.

apart from a select few, id sell anyone at the club aswell for the right price .

id have had a great scouting network on the go and replacements brought in before id let anyone leave first tho , and i damn sure wouldnt be doing it at any other time apart from the second the summer window opens .

apart from a select few, id sell anyone at the club aswell for the right price .

id have had a great scouting network on the go and replacements brought in before id let anyone leave first tho , and i damn sure wouldnt be doing it at any other time apart from the second the summer window opens .

wholesale changes in January and then we have the manager saying the players need 6 months to settle; by then we are in the championship.

if we cant beat west ham at home then how many points do you think we are going to pick up at home when the likes of man utd, chelsea, arsenal and everton have still to come here, not forgetting the great unwashed and the smog monsters.

and with away games at man city, spurs, west brom, blackburn liverpool villa and hull, the big question is can kinnear motivate this squad to get the results needed to keep us up from these games.

that just leaves fulham and portsmouth that should be nailed on home wins, not discounting the six we demand from smogs and great unwashed.

wise is now more involved than ever in events up at the training ground, he is actively touting the whole squad as potentail sales in order to reduce the wage bill, not strengthen the squad. loverkrands for charlie ?; ferguson for Barton, mido for smith

The thing is there's very few in our squad that we couldn't get better (at least a 90's Keegan or an early-2000's Robson NUFC couldn't), but our squad is very, very, very thin..... and frankly completely see-through in places.

It's like Milner, £12m was a great/stupid price for him, but as things stand that £12m has benefited the club not one bit (even ignoring the fact that it seems to have just disappeared).

We'd have been better off (as a football club, maybe not a champagne fund) keeping Milner and playing him, for £12m or £25m (if we never spend it or replace him).