Owen out for 6 weeks, Barton out for 3..

Scottish Mag

Looks like a misquote

"Joey Barton has been out for 10 weeks and just come back but looks as if he's going to be out for three weeks with a cracked ankle - and we only have one fit striker. Michael Owen is on crutches and he could be out for six weeks.

We are going down unless we do some serious spending in the next 4 days.

That's my view too. We're building up momentum towards the championship, and I don't think JFK has a clue what to do about it, not helped by injury crisis after crisis. There's a whiff of death about us at the moment I'm afraid. New signings needed to lift the quality and morale of the squad.

Time to deliver, Fat Mike.

That's my view too. We're building up momentum towards the championship, and I don't think JFK has a clue what to do about it, not helped by injury crisis after crisis. There's a whiff of death about us at the moment I'm afraid. New signings needed to lift the quality and morale of the squad.

Pizza?

Pizza?

Too slimming. He eats LARD, in handfuls and washed down with lager B)

Beeb

Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear on Shay Given's future:

"There's no question that Manchester City want to sign him, we are doing everything we can to keep him.

"Last thing I know was Shay was locked in talks with the chairman and owner and we are waiting for the outcome. It's very difficult times for us.

"Joey Barton has been out for 10 weeks and just come back but looks as if he's going to be out for three weeks with a cracked ankle - and we only have one fit striker. Michael Owen is on crutches and he could be out for six weeks.

"We have a massive game coming this weekend against Sunderland and I don't know whether I have 11 fit players. So many key players are out injured and these are the players you need for a derby game. But we have to bite the bullet and get on with it."

Sky

With Sunday's Tyne-Wear derby against bitter rivals Sunderland on the horizon and the club locked in a relegation battle, it was the loss of two more key men which was of most concern to Kinnear.

He told Sky Sports: "Michael is now going to be out for at least three weeks and Joey Barton could be out for at least six weeks.

B)

Fucking hell. JFK is a doyle of the highest order B)

Hes a lunatic, probably does not even know what day of the week it is. Hes meant to have been on SSN claiming that the offer on the table for him is now 3 and a half years...

Misquoted surely?

He said, THREEE AND A HARF FAHKIN YEERS!!"

Beeb

Newcastle United manager Joe Kinnear on Shay Given's future:

"There's no question that Manchester City want to sign him, we are doing everything we can to keep him.

"Last thing I know was Shay was locked in talks with the chairman and owner and we are waiting for the outcome. It's very difficult times for us.

"We have a massive game coming this weekend against Sunderland and I don't know whether I have 11 fit players. So many key players are out injured and these are the players you need for a derby game. But we have to bite the bullet and get on with it."

Sky

With Sunday's Tyne-Wear derby against bitter rivals Sunderland on the horizon and the club locked in a relegation battle, it was the loss of two more key men which was of most concern to Kinnear.

He told Sky Sports: "Michael is now going to be out for at least three weeks and Joey Barton could be out for at least six weeks.

:lol:

Daily Mail

Kinnear said: 'It is one thing after another at the moment. The doctor had said six to eight weeks with Michael and 10 for Joey.'

It leaves Kinnear without two of his most experienced players at a time when he could badly do with them.

B)

Owen out for 6-8 weeks with cracked ankle bone

The Associated Press

Michael Owen was ruled out for six to eight weeks with a cracked bone in his ankle on Wednesday.

The Newcastle striker, whose career has been plagued by long-term injuries, limped off early in the Magpies' 2-1 loss at Manchester City on Wednesday. He jumped to head the ball and jarred his foot on landing. The injury ruins any chance he had of getting back into the England team for next month's friendly with Spain.

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear said midfielder Joey Barton had also cracked a bone in his foot and would be sidelined for 10 weeks.

"It is one thing after another at the moment," Kinnear said.

While the latest injuries will hurt Kinnear's chances of lifting Newcastle away from relegation trouble, it was a major blow for Owen. Despite his return to goalscoring form for the Magpies, the former Liverpool and Real Madrid striker has been continually overlooked by England coach Fabio Capello.

Looks like the ship's going down with no survivors. The captain is a fuckwit who's randomly spinning the wheel this way and that in the hope something might happen. The few remaining able bodied crew are in the liferafts already. The chief engineer is abroad looking at spare parts. In the meantime the owner Piggy Clueless is in the restaurant stuffing his face a la Mr Creosote, ignoring all pleas for urgent repairs.

Somebody pull the flush and send us round the U-bend.

8 weeks for Owen is basically 3 months...season over.

Why the fuck is he jumping for headers with his body riddled with bits of metal and plastic god only knows. B):lol:

Toon career over as well.

Only the desperate or the foolish will now offer Owen a big money contract (excluding on a pay-for-play basis).

Whatever he says he is injury prone, and with each new injury that he picks up he becomes less of a useful player. In several matches this season he's been a liability for us, with little or no attacking instinct shown while on the ball.

Looks like the ship's going down with no survivors. The captain is a fuckwit who's randomly spinning the wheel this way and that in the hope something might happen. The few remaining able bodied crew are in the liferafts already. The chief engineer is abroad looking at spare parts. In the meantime the owner Piggy Clueless is in the restaurant stuffing his face a la Mr Creosote, ignoring all pleas for urgent repairs.

Look at Ashey's eyes, I've always said tiny eyes is a handicap. B)

Only the desperate or the foolish will now offer Owen a big money contract (excluding on a pay-for-play basis).

Whatever he says he is injury prone, and with each new injury that he picks up he becomes less of a useful player. In several matches this season he's been a liability for us, with little or no attacking instinct shown while on the ball.

I agree. Maybe he'd do better in a less physical league, as a back up striker in a big Italian or Spanish team.

Look at Ashey's eyes, I've always said tiny eyes is a handicap. :lol:

B) Piggy eyes. And grasping piggy hands. Piggy must go :rolleyes:

Look at Ashey's eyes, I've always said tiny eyes is a handicap. :lol:

B) Piggy eyes. And grasping piggy hands. Piggy must go :rolleyes:

About time he took the conch and spoke up tbh.