It's snowing

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the fuck when there is some snow here the country comes to a standstill?

because we're not used to adverse weather conditions as they are very very rare?

That's it. If you live in Canada or a Scandinavian country where they have heavy snow for months on end I expect you soon get used to driving in it and carry snow chains or have studded tyres and all the gear. Likewise, the infrastructure in those countries will be set up to cope with the conditions.

The problem we have is that serious snow is so few and far between that we never get a chance to adapt to it.

EDIT: Having said that, there is NO EXCUSE for the dickhead trying to pull his caravan up a hill on the A19 in rush-hour yesterday morning after all the 'keep non-essential journeys to a minimum' warnings.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Absolute bucketload came down here last night again - as bad as Monday. Daughter didn't want to go to school today, tried to appease her by saying the good point of going to school when it's snowing is playtimes. And guess what.....

Yep, that's right, they're not allowed outside at playtime!! This country is going to the dogs man... :lol:

A lot of the schools are staying closed as a health & safety issue because they don't want to get sued if someone breaks their arm or something. No wonder we're breeding a nation of spineless, spoilt, soft shites.

Does anyone else remember as the playground snow got compacted, you could make huge long slides with a surface like polished glass :lol:

A lot of the schools are staying closed as a health & safety issue because they don't want to get sued if someone breaks their arm or something. No wonder we're breeding a nation of spineless, spoilt, soft shites.

Does anyone else remember as the playground snow got compacted, you could make huge long slides with a surface like polished glass :lol:

You also had to wear shiny bottomed shoes for maximum effect

I don't have any kids, but if I did I really dont see myself suing a school because my kid slipped over. It's part and parcel of growing up..

The job at first break time was to prepare the slide. So long as you gave it enough runs during that time, and the temp was low enough, it was fucking deadly by lunchtime... :D

What a load of shit though not letting them out - she reckons she was off to tell them that Dad was allowed to play in the snow at school and so should she. What's more, I agree with her!

Does anyone else remember as the playground snow got compacted, you could make huge long slides with a surface like polished glass :D

The job at first break time was to prepare the slide. So long as you gave it enough runs during that time, and the temp was low enough, it was fucking deadly by lunchtime... :)

What a load of shit though not letting them out - she reckons she was off to tell them that Dad was allowed to play in the snow at school and so should she. What's more, I agree with her!

You'd be the first to complain if she broke her leg though. :lol:

Does anyone else remember as the playground snow got compacted, you could make huge long slides with a surface like polished glass :D

The job at first break time was to prepare the slide. So long as you gave it enough runs during that time, and the temp was low enough, it was fucking deadly by lunchtime... :)

You'd be the first to complain if she broke her leg though. :lol:

At the school? No I wouldn't. She could break her leg out in the back garden. They wrap them up in cotton wool these days, they won't have a fucking clue when they become adults.

I don't have any kids, but if I did I really dont see myself suing a school because my kid slipped over. It's part and parcel of growing up..

Plenty of others would. And there would be no shortage of ambulance-chaser lawyers do do it for them.

I'm predicting the south east will officially implode tomorrow... :lol:

The Met Office issued severe weather warnings for heavy snow in much of southern and central England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

BBC weather forecasters are now warning that similar quantities of snow to Monday could fall on London and parts of southern England on Friday.

Snowfall is expected from Essex through Cambridgeshire and the West Midlands as far as Dorset in the west, with at least a couple of inches expected.

In the south east, snow is expected to remain until Saturday.

The area to the north west of London is most at risk, with a forecast of eight inches (20cm) of snow.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7873063.stm

Lucky old me works in the area to the north west of London so no doubt I'll have fun driving around those idiots who still insist on driving as though it's perfect conditions.

Had a butchers at the snowfall map on the BBC as well - bet all the teachers are already resetting their alarms for a lie in!

Everythings just about clear near me now but Nationals Express East Anglia are already altering services for tomorrow based on the BBC forecast - I hate to say it but after Monday's debacle, I'm not going to put much effort in travelling if they start cancelling trains again.