Trying to be positive...

Deano

I had :

17th - NUFC - 35

18th - Boro - 29

19th - West Brom 29

20th - Portsmouth 28

Also had Man Utd winning the league on 95 with Chelsea 2nd, Liverpool 3rd and Villa 4th.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wish I could be as positive as some folk, I really do. Never mind the 50 pts pie in the sky, but anything over (or even approaching) 40 points - I just can't see it. We luckily beat Spurs; we couldn't beat Hull reserves (cup or not, we couldn't beat them); we couldn't beat an ordinary W.Ham; we couldn't beat an unbelievably poor sunlun.

I will be the happiest man around for you all to ram this down my throat at the end of the season if I'm wrong. Let's hope I am.

Imo, we're not 'down' but we're nailed on bottom 5 - 6 ....................................................

I hope your 'IMO' turns out to be true that we're not 'down' but nailed to the bottom 5 - 6.

I've been very lucky for the past 2 seasons having seen every Newcastle league game plus some cup games via the Fox Soccer Channel and the Setanta channel be it LIVE(mostly live) taped-delay or repeat.

If we go down it's all over, FSC does not show Champions league games and Stanta usually one a week and you know that won't be us every week. :lol::nufc::nufc::rolleyes:

I meant we aren't down yet but we could well go down. 5th or 6th bottom is a best case scenario.

I just wish I could be as positive as some folk, I really do. Never mind the 50 pts pie in the sky, but anything over (or even approaching) 40 points - I just can't see it. We luckily beat Spurs; we couldn't beat Hull reserves (cup or not, we couldn't beat them); we couldn't beat an ordinary W.Ham; we couldn't beat an unbelievably poor sunlun.

I will be the happiest man around for you all to ram this down my throat at the end of the season if I'm wrong. Let's hope I am.

I was pretty realistic with my appraisals. Certainly wasn't expecting us to finish as high as we did. I think with Martins coming back into the side we'll have an extra dimension to our attack that we've been lacking of late (Speed, and Goals).

Imo, we're not 'down' but we're nailed on bottom 5 - 6 ....................................................

I hope your 'IMO' turns out to be true that we're not 'down' but nailed to the bottom 5 - 6.

I've been very lucky for the past 2 seasons having seen every Newcastle league game plus some cup games via the Fox Soccer Channel and the Setanta channel be it LIVE(mostly live) taped-delay or repeat.

If we go down it's all over, FSC does not show Champions league games and Stanta usually one a week and you know that won't be us every week. :lol::nufc::nufc::protest:

This worries me as well... and the local pub will certainly go out of business with my lack of patronage if this happens... :rolleyes:

I hope that if we do go down, pompey goes down as well as I don't want to hear it from my soon to be in-laws.... what a horrible wedding reception that would be.