The Newcastle - Tottenham animosity

dave_prso9

Sky Sports is run by a Spurs fan and according to a mate who worked there for 7 years, he only appoints other Spurs fans to senior positions.

Not saying it translates into editorial policy but at least confirms the view they're all twats.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have never heard such ridiculous conspiracy tripe in my life. If anything the media are biased against Spurs. We don't fit into the category of top four darlings or plucky underdogs. At least you have the "best fans in the world" myth that Sky like to propagate.

I can think of at least two occasions in the last couple of years when the commentators on Sky Sports have openly displayed displeasure when we have scored in the dying moments. Andy Gray against West Ham in the 4-3 game and when Pav scored the goal that took us into the CC final against Burnley.

Keep your kippah on, just relaying what a friend said to me.

Sky Sports is run by a Spurs fan and according to a mate who worked there for 7 years, he only appoints other Spurs fans to senior positions.

Not saying it translates into editorial policy but at least confirms the view they're all twats.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I have never heard such ridiculous conspiracy tripe in my life. If anything the media are biased against Spurs. We don't fit into the category of top four darlings or plucky underdogs. At least you have the "best fans in the world" myth that Sky like to propagate.

I can think of at least two occasions in the last couple of years when the commentators on Sky Sports have openly displayed displeasure when we have scored in the dying moments. Andy Gray against West Ham in the 4-3 game and when Pav scored the goal that took us into the CC final against Burnley.

Keep your kippah on, just relaying what a friend said to me.

Orrible.

How do you make that out? The BBC practically is Spurs. London Mackems tbh, the most odious club in the history of football.

I think if we're honest it's because we're similar in our stature and we both flatter to deceive every season.

Why are you so normal and reasonable now? I miss the old fish.

Guest Stevie

Haha I remember that Andy Gray actually sounded depressed, even Martin Tyler's voice changed like he was commentating on Di's funeral.

Fish isn't being reasonable neither, he's merely pointing out the depths of how far our stock has fallen in the last 5 or 6 years.

Guest Stevie

If you look on the internet though at various football sites, there are probably more arguments between Tottenham and Newcastle fans than any other clubs. It's wind up sites like that Sportingo, and that one with the writer with the Indian name who abuses toon sites. They'll ask the question who's the bigger club Everton, Villa, Tottenham or Newcastle etc.... and then it begins people can put a slant on any angle to make their club seem bigger than the other, and no fans take it more seriously than The Toon and Spurs. I think it boils down to frustration Newcastle and, I'm prepared to admit, Tottenham, have far more potential than any other clubs in the Premiership outside the top four, both clubs have dwarfed Everton in the size of the club off the pitch for nearly two decades, it's the frustration at under achievement that drives the support of both clubs to do this. We wouldn't have even answered the question are we bigger than Spurs during our title challenges and Champions LEAGUE jaunts as it would've been a laughable question and deemed unimportant, same as they wouldn't when they were poaching Gazza and Waddle. That's where the animosity partly comes from, and also the perceived arrogance of each others supports, which I have to say is valid in their case, they are arrogant.

If you look on the internet though at various football sites, there are probably more arguments between Tottenham and Newcastle fans than any other clubs. It's wind up sites like that Sportingo, and that one with the writer with the Indian name who abuses toon sites. They'll ask the question who's the bigger club Everton, Villa, Tottenham or Newcastle etc.... and then it begins people can put a slant on any angle to make their club seem bigger than the other, and no fans take it more seriously than The Toon and Spurs. I think it boils down to frustration Newcastle and, I'm prepared to admit, Tottenham, have far more potential than any other clubs in the Premiership outside the top four, both clubs have dwarfed Everton in the size of the club off the pitch for nearly two decades, it's the frustration at under achievement that drives the support of both clubs to do this. We wouldn't have even answered the question are we bigger than Spurs during our title challenges and Champions LEAGUE jaunts as it would've been a laughable question and deemed unimportant, same as they wouldn't when they were poaching Gazza and Waddle. That's where the animosity partly comes from, and also the perceived arrogance of each others supports, which I have to say is valid in their case, they are arrogant.

Spot on.

Would have been interesting to see how far they would have gone if Jol had remained.