Spuds beat Villa

Guest stormrider

I honestly don't think it will affect us at all as I don't think Spurs were one of the teams that were likely to go down.

They've got Robbie Keane ffs. :lol:

Edited by Asprilla

makes me smile this like, not that we have much to smile about, because a lad I know quite well [Villa "fan"] has been harping on about O'Neill being great and Keegan being a quitter, for a while now and I've always told him that O'Neill will never put together a team that gets to 90 minutes from the title while he has a hole in his arse.

Spurs get to safety because they appointed a proven Prem class manager and gave him some money to spend. Who'd have thought it, eh? They know a thing or two, those Spurs directors!

Spurs get to safety because they appointed a proven Prem class manager and gave him some money to spend. Who'd have thought it, eh? They know a thing or two, those Spurs directors!

True, but when Ashley was sounding him out about the job up here there wasnt a lot of us who had a good word to say about him.......

True, but when Ashley was sounding him out about the job up here there wasnt a lot of us who had a good word to say about him.......

If only we could wind the clock back then.

I'd have hated Redknapp at the time because I don't think he'd be a long term appointment, he's something of a chequebook manager in my eyes and a bullshitter, and would be on his toes the moment he got a better offer from a Southern team. He's also extravagantly ugly, looking like a wax caricature that's been melting by the fire.

Now I'd have him at the club in a flash. At least he has a clue what he's doing.

I'd have hated Redknapp at the time because I don't think he'd be a long term appointment, he's something of a chequebook manager in my eyes and a bullshitter, and would be on his toes the moment he got a better offer from a Southern team. He's also extravagantly ugly, looking like a wax caricature that's been melting by the fire.

Now I'd have him at the club in a flash. At least he has a clue what he's doing.

According to Chris Mort, he wasnt offered the job, but I think thats largely bollocks...why speak to a bloke with his proven record if you're not going to offer him the job? I think he saw through the crap and could see he'd have to work for Dennis Wise and that Ashley was just stripping us down, making us financially lean for a quick sale, a process still ongoing.

As to your other points about him...cast your eye over the first choice England team and you'll see that when he had to, he could produce top quality young players.He may well have used us as a step up in salary if the likes of Spurs had come in for him, thats true. And he looks like a bit of a freak due to a road accident which killed a mate of his during Italia 90.

:lol: He was in a near-fatal car crash which left him disfigured tbf (about 4 people were killed iirc).

:lol: He was in a near-fatal car crash which left him disfigured tbf (about 4 people were killed iirc).

I was being a little tongue in cheek. It doesn't make him any less ugly though :lol: