The ship

Guest stormrider

What lesson is there to learn ?

Ashley is the architect of this fuck up.

He's done it in less than 12 months too.. Mission accomplished IMO, there's no way this is just bad luck - i'm convinced there's an ulterior motive.

I agree. I mean it, in all honesty, this isn't incompetence or even wilfull neglect, it has to be deliberate. Was it Sherlock Holmes who said words to the effect that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Well, this is all I'm left with after this joke of a season. Who knows what the future holds for us.

It's a bloody expensive practical joke !

By buying out the loans, he's protected his investment. No matter how little the value of Newcastle United Football Club becomes, the amount it owes Michael Ashley will not change.

Not if my Ashley voodoo doll has owt to do with it. :( :(

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bounce back in style or do a Leeds?

:(

If we go down we will be back up in a shot.

Ashley will have to protect his money and the only way he will be able to do it is by investing.

Sunderland do it every other year man, piece of piss.

At least we will be able to enjoy a few more wins in the Championship - always look on the bright side of life.

Fucking hell, I take it you two are two young to remember the last time we dipped into the second division. I remember thinking the same - "oh well, we'll win every game and come straight back up.." It's soul destroying to see you lose comprehensively to a team in the second tier - trust me.

We were expecting a loss today, and again against Chelski next week, it's what happens after that which will mean us staying up or going down.

I expected two losses like, but i think a lot of people thought we would get something against Arsenal for some reason.

If we were going to get anything out of the two i'd go for a draw against Chelsea.

I knew we would lose today but i was still very disappointed

It's the other results that killed us. We all expected to lose but for Stoke and Pompey to win was wounding.

It's indicative that they've got the fight in them and we don't.

What lesson is there to learn ?

Ashley is the architect of this fuck up.

He's done it in less than 12 months too.. Mission accomplished IMO, there's no way this is just bad luck - i'm convinced there's an ulterior motive.

I agree. I mean it, in all honesty, this isn't incompetence or even wilfull neglect, it has to be deliberate. Was it Sherlock Holmes who said words to the effect that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Well, this is all I'm left with after this joke of a season. Who knows what the future holds for us.

If say for example he was trying to wind up the club, can't see what he could gain from that, the land is owned by the council.

I've been asking myself the same questions... but what if his motives are not financial?

Could go completely left-field and suggest it's a bitter Spurs fan intent on destroying us... :(

Keegan left us on the 1st September, the clowns in charge have had a long long time to try and fix things. Curbishley walked out on West Ham who have had to put up with alot of shit over the last 12 months and many of their better players sold yet by getting in an actual manager (and one who was a risk but a better one than some over the hill has been like Kinnear) have managed to, with an average squad IMO, get themselves to 7th..

In a nutshell.

This scenario needs putting to Llambias and asking for comment. No doubt he'll blame the fans - the very same people whos money he is desperate for.

Can't believe they didn't do something about a manager when Kinnear went into hospital either. Given Hughton the job after he looked so out of his depth first time round was suicidal recklessness.

Can't believe they didn't do something about a manager when Kinnear went into hospital either. Given Hughton the job after he looked so out of his depth first time round was suicidal recklessness.

Would have cost them money Alex... doesn't fit in with their "minimum input, maximum output" theory does it?

Would have cost them money Alex... doesn't fit in with their "minimum input, maximum output" theory does it?

Oh aye. I appreciate they were just being tight and hoped they'd get away with it. Talk about a false economy. The people running the club are so clueless it's untrue.

Oh aye. I appreciate they were just being tight and hoped they'd get away with it. Talk about a false economy. The people running the club are so clueless it's untrue.

Precisely why I question their motives. Surely they can't be this useless / clueless / shite by accident? Even McKeag made attempts to fund the club (summer of 1988 a good example).

Precisely why I question their motives. Surely they can't be this useless / clueless / shite by accident? Even McKeag made attempts to fund the club (summer of 1988 a good example).

It's just incomprehensible to me - the whole thing has spiralled out of control from the get-go, but their actions have been so counterintuitive you have to wonder whether there's some ulterior motive. There must be...

It's shite feeling like you can't relate to your club because of the way it is being run from top to bottom - I look at the state of the club today and I just feel like a stranger in my home town. It just feels like the club has been stripped of its soul, its strength, and for what?

I think we will be straight back up. I don't think we will lose as many players as people think though.

I think you may find that every other team in the division treats playing us like a cup final and takes enormous enjoyment in removing our scalp - it is so dependent on the manager and how clever he is in the transfer market - therefore i would consider us fucked for a few years

I think we will be straight back up. I don't think we will lose as many players as people think though.

I think you may find that every other team in the division treats playing us like a cup final and takes enormous enjoyment in removing our scalp - it is so dependent on the manager and how clever he is in the transfer market - therefore i would consider us fucked for a few years

The problem we have is that LardAsh will be putting the parachute payments straight into his 'sky rocket' (cockney rhyming slang for pocket, I believe, me old china. Oh, there I go again!) thus leaving the team, once again, under strength.

Being a pessimist, I reckon we will be lucky to avoid the drop into League 1 given my statement above and the correct analysis of yours.

Ashley will have to protect his money and the only way he will be able to do it is by investing.

At least we will be able to enjoy a few more wins in the Championship - always look on the bright side of life.

Fucking hell, I take it you two are two young to remember the last time we dipped into the second division. I remember thinking the same - "oh well, we'll win every game and come straight back up.." It's soul destroying to see you lose comprehensively to a team in the second tier - trust me.

Did I say we will come straight back up? No, I didn't. We probably will win more than six games though, that was my point...

:nufc:

Did I say we will come straight back up? No, I didn't. We probably will win more than six games though, that was my point...

Six wins all season man, fucking hell :razz::(

Take no notice of Craig btw, he's just in a bad fettle :(

If KK hadn't quit you would be safe by now. I still believe you will stay up but I don't think the club has recovered from that unplanned departure.

Tbh if KK hadn't quit we'd be above you. :(

Probably true, and KK is as much to blame for our current mire as Ashley and his crew, the big baby should have stuck it out,

He could quite easily have fought his corner from within, and made them sack him if they didn't like it, instead he ran away. Fucking coward.

The manner of his departure made it virtually impossible to find a replacement of any ability, even if our lot had a slightest clue about the game it would have been difficult, it was impossible given their lack of ability. KK must have seen that and he should have stayed on, but all he wanted was the £££'s

It's a minority view but I agree that Keegan is almost as much to blame. The rights and wrongs of his job spec are one thing, but it's undeniable he left us in the shit without a second glance. What did he think would happen?

If he was any old manager with no affinity with the club then I would understand more. The fact is though, he's a legend to us and should have known his actions would have had a very big negative impact on the club. It's like a mother walking out on her kids because she wasn't allowed to choose the wallpaper. :(

I agree completely.

It's totally Keegan's fault that he put the club on the market, appointed Joe Kinnear as an interim, but then not only extended his contract to the end of the season, but also put the offer of a further 2 years on the table. It's also Keegan's fault that he then failed to go out and appoint a proper manager to ensure our safety. It's also Keegan's fault that after taking the club off the market, he done nothing in the transfer window to ensure our survival, but ensured we were financially in the black though.

And anything that KK wasnt at fault for must have been the fans to blame.

Don't forget the meeja have to take their part of the blame.

Where is Baggio anyway? :razz:

B)

Six wins all season man, fucking hell :nufc::(

I did a double take when King Kev mentioned that stat. :nufc:

It's true, 4 at home and 2 away. A bit o/t, but our next away at Stoke isn't looking too good. They've won 8 at home. We lose there and we might be cut adrift. Surely the championship next season is a probability now, what do Parky and Fish have to say about it? :razz:

B)

Six wins all season man, fucking hell :nufc::(

I did a double take when King Kev mentioned that stat. :nufc:

It's true, 4 at home and 2 away. A bit o/t, but our next away at Stoke isn't looking too good. They've won 8 at home. We lose there and we might be cut adrift. Surely the championship next season is a probability now, what do Parky and Fish have to say about it? :razz:

Aye and two of them were against West Brom who in both games we very nearly let back in. We are fucking awful..

copyright © Derby, Nottingham Forest, Leicester, Leeds, Norwich, Sheffields Wednesday & United, Wimbledon, Birmingham etc etc

Is N-O still largely pro-ashley, and thinking that the board are doing a marvellous job?

I really can't be bothered to go over there and look for my self.

I never bother looking these days but dont imagine it is, the main idoits have jettisoned Online to set up what is sure to be a real stormer in the world of NUFC forums.

Is N-O still largely pro-ashley, and thinking that the board are doing a marvellous job?

I really can't be bothered to go over there and look for my self.

I never bother looking these days but dont imagine it is, the main idoits have jettisoned Online to set up what is sure to be a real stormer in the world of NUFC forums.

I wonder how offline will put a positive spin on relegation? Must be all part of the masterplan.

To continue the Keegan thing some more... (:()

Yes, months have gone by since the but as said... what the fuck did he expect would happen? The other people in charge are cunts and we suspected/knew that at the time. Kevin had a chance to do something right for this season, but his twisted morals and apparent love for this club told him that he had to leave and throw everyone into the deep end. For that he is inexcusable (imho of course but I simply can't see how anyone can consider him blameless).

Thinking about Keegan and what did or chose not to do just makes me feel sick. It would be weirdly poetic if we did get relegated that he'd have been a part in getting us back to the division we were in when he first took over. Hope he's never in the footballing limelight ever again. [/keeganrant #547]

-------

As for relegation itself, seeing the table last night after all the games was a strong blow. I absolutely can't bring myself to believe we'll go down though it's weird. One of those things where you can't really prepare for it until it happens. We'll see. Oba's celebration yesterday was class. He clearly cares A LOT. As always with this club it was bittersweet though. Hard to accept having to rely on such an unpredictable player but he will have a massive say in which way our fortunes go.

fucking football, eh?