Virus checkers

LeazesMag

I use AVG 8.0 - I use Nero instead of Roxio though...

i found a patch to fix this roxio clash, it now says I should uninstall another anti virus or security product before proceeding.

Does it mean the old AVG version, zonelarm or the free version of spyware doctor ?

Edit....and the version it downloaded is 8.5 [says its still free, not a trial or anything]

Edited by LeazesMag

NOD32 is the best of that lot by quite some length

if your going use one use that

it isn't a freebie though ? I'm only using it at home, and I have only ever had one virus [which was a pain in the arse, admittedly, getting rid of it] :(

it isn't a freebie though ? I'm only using it at home, and I have only ever had one virus [which was a pain in the arse, admittedly, getting rid of it] :huh:

There's Avast! free too, which is about on par with AVG I guess (maybe a little better, but probably more resource hungry).

it isn't a freebie though ? I'm only using it at home, and I have only ever had one virus [which was a pain in the arse, admittedly, getting rid of it] :huh:

There's Avast! free too, which is about on par with AVG I guess (maybe a little better, but probably more resource hungry).

Well, I've installed AVG version 8 and now for some reason I can't boot into the internet using internet explorer, only by going through outlook express.

does anyone know why this is happening pse ? Or I will uninstall this shite and use avast instead.

I use NOD32 and as I've said in other threads - it works. It has the smallest memory footprint which means it wont slow you down. It's only £30 and I'd place higher trust in something I've paid for to protect me than freebies. Besides, spend £60 and you get 3yrs for the price of 2 which is what I did. I use it on all my PC's - home and business.

EDIT: They offer a sliding scale for more licences too Link to ESET site with prices so if you know of anyone else would would want it, you can share the cost. It's £80 for 2 licences for 3yrs etc.

I use NOD32 and as I've said in other threads - it works. It has the smallest memory footprint which means it wont slow you down. It's only £30 and I'd place higher trust in something I've paid for to protect me than freebies. Besides, spend £60 and you get 3yrs for the price of 2 which is what I did. I use it on all my PC's - home and business.

EDIT: They offer a sliding scale for more licences too Link to ESET site with prices so if you know of anyone else would would want it, you can share the cost. It's £80 for 2 licences for 3yrs etc.

it isn't owned by Mike Ashley is it :lol: I've logged into the AVG help forum to try and solve this, if I can't then I'm going to bin the thing and go to something else, so thanks for that and to Jimbo and everyone else too.

it isn't owned by Mike Ashley is it :lol: I've logged into the AVG help forum to try and solve this, if I can't then I'm going to bin the thing and go to something else, so thanks for that and to Jimbo and everyone else too.

:icon_lol: na, their discount scheme hasn't change in 2yrs <_<

Joking aside I recently added a couple of licences to my a setup. Eset charged me the difference between the 3 licences to 5 and pro-rata'd it down the term left on the original 3 licences. So I ended up paying what I would have paid if I'd taken out all 5 at the beginning. I was impressed by that.

EDIT: I should mention, in the nigh on 2yrs I've been running nod32 I've never had a virus and only been hit by an instance of malware once. That one instance was just recently when I installed a free pdf maker. The pdf maker itself was fine but the 'addon toolbar' was not. Turns out the toolbar was not written by the original company. Either way I installed the trojan by giving permission for the install - it wasn't missed by NOD32.

• 2 months later...