Bank Boss home attacked.

Park Life

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yobs"... <_<

How about if I say his generic typeage. The workers as per sit back and get pumped (without lubricant) generation after generation. If the Govt won't act I don't blame people (some of whom have lost everything) being angry.

There is no fucking regulation. How many bank directors and senior execs are going to be fined or go to prison? None. They will be tucked up with another cushty number within months.

It's true that a couple of smashed windows and a new paint job are things that an awful lot of people would wish were their only problems in the situation that has been caused by the banks and politicians.

Especially those like Goodwin that have not only walked away with a big smug grin on their face (and a positively explosive wallet), but also with a conviction that they did "nothing wrong".

How can there be a conviction they did nothing wrong? Isn't that an oxymoron?

It's my understanding that his actions were not criminal in nature, however, I thought there are likely to be some civil suits against him? Hopefully these will succeed and bankrupt him. that would be best all round.

Fuck me, there are Rentions and then there are Rentions. :nufc:

That one may take the crown though. :lol:

Just a misinterpretation of a rather banal comment Fop. I do apologise. :D

No need to apologise, just buy a dictionary look up any words you're not sure about and you'll be fine. :icon_lol:

(I mean really how in any way could that be read to mean a conviction in law? :) Well apart from in someone desperately looking for any excuse for an argument way :angry: )

Whatever Fop. I had thought originally 'Rention' was a typo, but you keep repeating it. Why, out of interest?

'Joke'.

Rention. :lol:

|

V

David Jason thread tbh. I got your 'joke' :icon_lol:

You get so knarky so quickly these days. :nufc:

Nah man, it's in inverted commas (both times) because of those headlines in the David Jason thread.

You cock <_<

"Yobs"... <_<

How about if I say his generic typeage. The workers as per sit back and get pumped (without lubricant) generation after generation. If the Govt won't act I don't blame people (some of whom have lost everything) being angry.

There is no fucking regulation. How many bank directors and senior execs are going to be fined or go to prison? None. They will be tucked up with another cushty number within months.

It's true that a couple of smashed windows and a new paint job are things that an awful lot of people would wish were their only problems in the situation that has been caused by the banks and politicians.

Especially those like Goodwin that have not only walked away with a big smug grin on their face (and a positively explosive wallet), but also with a conviction that they did "nothing wrong".

How can there be a conviction they did nothing wrong? Isn't that an oxymoron?

It's my understanding that his actions were not criminal in nature, however, I thought there are likely to be some civil suits against him? Hopefully these will succeed and bankrupt him. that would be best all round.

Fuck me, there are Rentions and then there are Rentions. :nufc:

That one may take the crown though. :lol:

Just a misinterpretation of a rather banal comment Fop. I do apologise. :D

No need to apologise, just buy a dictionary look up any words you're not sure about and you'll be fine. :icon_lol:

(I mean really how in any way could that be read to mean a conviction in law? :) Well apart from in someone desperately looking for any excuse for an argument way :angry: )

Whatever Fop. I had thought originally 'Rention' was a typo, but you keep repeating it. Why, out of interest?

Your bizarre behaviour is unique and frequent* enough to have it's own name, it just makes things simpler. :)

*Rention potential alert.

'Joke'.

|

V

You get so knarky so quickly these days. :D

Nah man, it's in inverted commas (both times) because of those headlines in the David Jason thread.

You cock <_<

Aye Fop sees what you were "doing", but you're still being knarky. :nufc:

'Joke'.

|

V

You cock <_<

Honestly mate, I wasn't. Hence the wink.

'Joke'.

|

V

You cock <_<

Honestly mate, I wasn't. Hence the wink.

Fair enough. :angry:

Protesters have broken into the Royal Bank of Scotland and are on the roof.

Revolution!

or just smashing stuff...

Just laughing at cunts who are "peaceful protesters" who now want to leave and the coppers won't let them - cue the classic "We're supposed to live in a free country" - fuck off - where were you when they started doing that to football fans you Guardian reading fucking shitbags?

Good point. (It's section 17 for football fans isn't it? ;) )

If they are going to turn up to a protest that often gets nasty they should expect to be contained.

Good point. (It's section 17 for football fans isn't it? ;) )

If they are going to turn up to a protest that often gets nasty they should expect to be contained.

Well sometimes anyway.

Just laughing at cunts who are "peaceful protesters" who now want to leave and the coppers won't let them - cue the classic "We're supposed to live in a free country" - fuck off - where were you when they started doing that to football fans you Guardian reading fucking shitbags?

;) Well said.

I enjoyed the comment about the 'fat cats in that building' from some guy interviewed on BBC.

That's a branch downstairs and though I thought that was all, apparently there is some kind of processing centre, where most people will probably be paid pretty poorly and will have seen massive job cuts in the last year.

Good work, Tarquin.

• 2 months later...
Goodwin offers to reduce pension

Former Royal Bank of Scotland chief executive Sir Fred Goodwin has offered to reduce his highly controversial pension by £200,000 a year.

It would cut the value of his pension pot by about £4m. He has taken a lump sum of £2.7m, but the deal would still leave him with £350,000 a year.

The offer to cut his pension came under a threat of legal action from RBS.

BBC business editor Robert Peston says the bank is likely to accept Sir Fred Goodwin's offer.

The question is whether the government, which owns 70% of RBS, will accept it.

Ministers may oppose the deal because it would still leave Sir Fred with a bigger pension than he would have received if he had been dismissed instead of leaving on agreed terms.

The Treasury declined to comment on the offer.

He did a deal with the bank in October 2008 that allowed him to take his full pension of £703,000 a year at the age of 50 without having to take a reduced rate for claiming it early.

RBS almost collapsed while Sir Fred was in charge of it as a result of a combination of the credit crunch, bad debts and the weight of the debt from his acquisition of ABN Amro.