What do you call a Pakistani cloakroom attendant?

Lazarus

Sorry I misread. Still doesnt change the fact that no one complained.

I know, I think it is pathetic the way the station reacted. It just doesn't help when you get the Chinese whispers (that's probably racist in some people's books :lol: ). Because this didn't have anything to do with the Beeb etc.

You can just imagine the bint who was 'horrified' like. I hate it when people get 'offended' about stuff Pakistanis/Asians (in this case) wouldn't have give a stuff about.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not racist, just a pun, anyone who was offended should grow up and as usual there were next to no or actually no complaints but it still causes a big furore.

As people have said its much worse now after the Ross/Brand incident, i remember Sean Lock being interviewed and mentioning that when he did that Live at the apollo show they cut all the bits where he made fun of the celebs in the audience bar one which wasn't that good, in case they would get complaints, its completely ludicrous.

I hate the whole system around media complaints anyway, we're supposed to live in a democracy yet often a fraction of a fraction of 1% of the population can get things banned or changed, and that percentage are a bunch of cocks. If something is broadcast there should be nothing done at all unless over 50% of the people who saw it actually complain or else your going against the majority who had no problem with it.

I hate the whole system around media complaints anyway, we're supposed to live in a democracy yet often a fraction of a fraction of 1% of the population can get things banned or changed, and that percentage are a bunch of cocks. If something is broadcast there should be nothing done at all unless over 50% of the people who saw it actually complain or else your going against the majority who had no problem with it.

IIRC there were only two or three complaints about the Ross-Brand incident at the time of broadcast. It was only the media frenzy that whipped up the 40000 sheep or whatever it was to complain, when at worst they hadn't heard the incident at all and at best heard it out of the context of a late night comedy show.

IIRC there were only two or three complaints about the Ross-Brand incident at the time of broadcast. It was only the media frenzy that whipped up the 40000 sheep or whatever it was to complain, when at worst they hadn't heard the incident at all and at best heard it out of the context of a late night comedy show.

Daily Mail campaigning about what really matters tbh.

Yeah i'm pretty sure it was something like 8 at the most, then the usual fuckwitts got the bandwagon going and soon thousands were either tracking it down to be offended by it or just being offended without hearing it at all.

Guest Stevie

If he;s going to be reprimanded for a proper racist joke he might as well go the whole hog and do one will at least tread the borderline. Like what do you call a good looking Pakistani? Asif. Even they would laugh at that.

If he;s going to be reprimanded for a proper racist joke he might as well go the whole hog and do one will at least tread the borderline. Like what do you call a good looking Pakistani? Asif. Even they would laugh at that.

What do you call a pakistani lesbian?

What do you call a pakistani lesbian?

Minjeeta?

I remember when I was working at the council ages ago when Ruud Gullit got the Newcastle job. Anyway after the news had spread round the depot this bloke (who had a bag of sweets) said "Who wants a Ruud Gullit?" (as in bullet, obviously). Anyway, a few seconds later this total fuckwit who worked there pipes up and says "Coon Army". You could hear a pin drop. :lol:

I remember when I was working at the council ages ago when Ruud Gullit got the Newcastle job. Anyway after the news had spread round the depot this bloke (who had a bag of sweets) said "Who wants a Ruud Gullit?" (as in bullet, obviously). Anyway, a few seconds later this total fuckwit who worked there pipes up and says "Coon Army". You could hear a pin drop. :lol:

I remember a bunch of cnuts handing out racist anti-Gullit leaflets before his first match (a 4-1 drubbing by Liverpool and Michael Owen hatrick iirc). Last time I've seen anything racist at SJP (involving NUFC). Anyway. it amazes me how some people can't tell the difference between real racism and being over-precious tbh.

Can someone can tell me the merits of why "What do you call a Pakistani at a Karaoke Contest? Geduptah Singh" is racist?

Was probably what do you call a Paki.... at times tbh. Should be Sikh anyway [/pedant]. Not racist as such imo.

Edited by alex

I'm sure these were all in 1001 Shit Jokes.

"Frozen Cattle" by Thora Hird etc.

Yeah sounds familiar, also: "The Cat's Revenge" by Claude Balls

"Haunted House" by Hugo First.

The staff at the station clearly stopped listenting as soon as he uttered the word 'Pakistani' tbh. They're probably so concerned about complaints and being squeaky clean that they regard any mention of a nationality as racist. I imagine that they'd be less worried if the joke was about a Frenchman - clearly they're more worried about all those mental, reactionary and quite frankly dangerous Muslims complaining, or worse, bombing the radio station. There's a very good chance that they don't really care what is or what is not racist - but what is percieved by the listenership as being so. Both of which makes them the racist ones rather than Jason.

Incidentally, my grandad knows someone called Robin Banks. And there used to be a patient at my mum's surgery called Eileen Dover.