Camping

Ally

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Given how much of a fuck on it is to put one of these up, they’re more suited to a “static” holiday where you stay at the same place for a week or whatever. 
A tour, where you’ll be lucky to stay at one place for more than a night or two, will rapidly lose its appeal when you have to allow for the hour or so to erect and takedown this fucker each day. 

You’d be better off putting this back on eBay and whatever you get for it can go towards hiring a campervan for your trip. 

Not that I want to piss on your chips or anything :lol:

:lol: 

Fully inflates in 5 minutes then another 5-10 for pegs.

Not cooking or any of that carry on so hoping to be a pretty quick set up / getaway.

Could we’ll be a fucking disaster but the price of hotels in decent areas makes it worth a go.

Inflation strikes again :lol:

Given that you’re planning a West Coast trip, and that the prevailing weather for the last 600 months has been Gale Force Fucking Wind from the Atlantic, and that it’s you putting it up, I predict that your lovely tent will turn itself in to a kite and disappear towards Norway within 3 days. :lol:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Given that you’re planning a West Coast trip, and that the prevailing weather for the last 600 months has been Gale Force Fucking Wind from the Atlantic, and that it’s you putting it up, I predict that your lovely tent will turn itself in to a kite and disappear towards Norway within 3 days. :lol:

Much cheaper than paying for flights to Scandinavia

up-flying.gif

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Probably :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Fully inflates in 5 minutes then another 5-10 for pegs.

Not cooking or any of that carry on so hoping to be a pretty quick set up / getaway.

Could we’ll be a fucking disaster but the price of hotels in decent areas makes it worth a go.

It's not that I don’t doubt your prowess or anything like that, but I'd love to see a video of you putting it up in 10-15 minutes. 

OK it is entirely me doubting your prowess.

I'd also like to know how long it will take you to put it down, pack it up, and put it in the shed for its early retirement.

• Haha 4

It’s inflatable, I’m also assuming the bed he’ll be kipping on will inflatable, and probably his “camping sofa” too. 
So that’s about 45mins of him annoying the tits off everyone at the site with the noise from his little air compressor working overtime, every evening. 

That’s assuming he doesn’t flatten the battery on his car with it :lol:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OTF said:

It's not that I don’t doubt your prowess or anything like that, but I'd love to see a video of you putting it up in 10-15 minutes. 

OK it is entirely me doubting your prowess.

I'd also like to know how long it will take you to put it down, pack it up, and put it in the shed for its early retirement.

slightly different model but piece of piss by anyones standards.

If the rain would fuck off I’d have it up in the garden :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s inflatable, I’m also assuming the bed he’ll be kipping on will inflatable, and probably his “camping sofa” too. 
So that’s about 45mins of him annoying the tits off everyone at the site with the noise from his little air compressor working overtime, every evening. 

That’s assuming he doesn’t flatten the battery on his car with it :lol:

Hand pump, self inflating mattress so 😛

On 27/03/2009 at 14:44, Christmas Tree said:

dont do it. Its no fun. Its one of those things that you imagine is going to be great and then turns out to be a cold an early bed followed by a very early and cold rise.

If you must do it, do it near a pub.

Well this is strange, its not like you to be contrary CT is it? :lol:

The fundamentals of camping have not changed. You, however, are 13 years older than you were when you posted this. This is not going to end well. 

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

slightly different model but piece of piss by anyones standards.

If the rain would fuck off I’d have it up in the garden :lol: 

Because things on you tube always reflect how easy things are in real life? Honestly, I use a hand pump to put up the kids paddling pool once a year and its a right pain ion the arse. 

• Haha 1

Putting your sleeping/soup making arrangements aside for a moment, the Welsh coast, from top to bottom, is fucking amazing. Inland isn’t too shabby either. 

Sunset on the Pembrokeshire cliff tops, with a bowl of freshly blitzed Leek, Bacon and Potato soup, a glass of Netto Lager and a Bong injection as you watch your tent fly away…

giphy.webp

• Haha 4

The other thing I don't get is about a decade ago, CT was going on road trips to Provence, the Cote d'Azure, Northern Italy etc. Now sans kids you want to experience the delights of camping in Chester, Caernarfon and Cardiff?

Just now, Renton said:

The other thing I don't get is about a decade ago, CT was going on road trips to Provence, the Cote d'Azure, Northern Italy etc. Now sans kids you want to experience the delights of camping in Chester, Caernarfon and Cardiff?

Times are hard on the post-Brexit self-inflicted breadline. 

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Putting your sleeping/soup making arrangements aside for a moment, the Welsh coast, from top to bottom, is fucking amazing. Inland isn’t too shabby either. 

Sunset on the Pembrokeshire cliff tops, with a bowl of freshly blitzed Leek, Bacon and Potato soup, a glass of Netto Lager and a Bong injection as you watch your tent fly away…

giphy.webp

Don't think they're on his itinerary, I think he's more into visiting the set of Hollyoaks. 

53 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

giphy.webp

Aye, I watch quite a few of these van life folk and it does look stunning (and a change from Scotland / The Lakes.

59 minutes ago, Renton said:

:lol: Funny enough, it’s a bit of a toss up between the two. However I’m not really a great fan of too much heat and I’ve been wanting to visit Wales / Cornwall / Cambridge etc for years and just never got round to it.

Could still do either tbh.