JFK to go upstairs ?

Jimbo

JOE KINNEAR will be offered a senior 'upstairs' role at Newcastle if he turns down the club's offer of a two-year contract to remain as manager.

Kinnear has yet to sign the contract extension he was offered by the club before being taken ill on the morning of Newcastle's match at West Brom in February.

The 62-year-old Toon boss has since had triple-bypass heart surgery. And there are other personal issues to be considered before any decision on whether he stays in the United hotseat.

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias hope Kinnear will return as manager. But they are determined to keep him at St James' Park one way or another.

And a senior Newcastle source said: "Joe Kinnear will have some role at the club come what may. If it's not in the manager's role, then he will be offered a position upstairs."

That would put Kinnear in line to take over from Dennis Wise as the Geordies' director of football.

Wise is set to leave at the end of the season, although he has stayed involved in most deals since he was appointed in January last year.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley's desperation to hold on to Kinnear simply doesn't make sense. Is he trying to save face?

<_<

Kinnear as a manager doesn't make much sense (and never did other than no one else would take it), but his "qualities" would seem to be on touchline/training pitch if anywhere.

I've given up trying to understand their football decisions. Anything other than an engraved tankard and a whip-round for Kinnear at the end of the season makes no sense to me.

Ashley's desperation to hold on to Kinnear simply doesn't make sense. Is he trying to save face?

<_<

Kinnear as a manager doesn't make much sense (and never did other than no one else would take it), but his "qualities" would seem to be on touchline/training pitch if anywhere.

He doesn't take training.

As long as their ain't too many stairs.

JFK: " 'Ow much further is it, Derek? I'm sweating like a pig 'ere"

DL: "Just another 8 flights to go, Joe. Let's run the next one."

<_<

Another coffee Joe? :icon_lol:

<_<

"OH SHIT ME HEART....ARHHHHHHHH"

<_<

:icon_lol: "BOO YA FUCKER YA!!!!!! Ha, ha, just my little joke, Joe."

Didn't he scout for a number of top teams for a few years, Arsenal, and maybe Barca IIRC? That could be completely wrong though.

If thats the case, he'd certainly be better off doing that tha coaching, probably much better for his health as well. The players clearly don't rate him as a coach, you could tell from that Butt interview.

how can chris houghton and colin cockwood tell people like OWEN,OBA and BUTT how to play football?

thay must think..."who are ya, who are ya, who are ya"

People must think the same about Mourinho then due to his lack of a professional career. Then again Hughton done nothing in his career, aye? <_<

JOSE worked with sir BOBBY at Barcelona and then won trophys..!champions league with a poor Porto side!

It certainly wasn't a poor side by any means.

And you were referring to Hughton's inability to teach people how to play football, basically saying he couldn't play it himself. Which is completely inaccurate.

there is no way Porto should of won the Champions league...jose made them into a brilliant team!

Butt has won champions league,fa cups,premier league etc and now is being told what to do by a pair prats...FACT

How can someone with no managerial experience start managing a team the size of Newcastle united whilst there in a relagation dog fight?

What input does he have?

what knowledge does he have?

what do the players think of him?

there is no way Porto should of won the Champions league...jose made them into a brilliant team!

Butt has won champions league,fa cups,premier league etc and now is being told what to do by a pair prats...FACT

How can someone with no managerial experience start managing a team the size of Newcastle united whilst there in a relagation dog fight?

What input does he have?

what knowledge does he have?

what do the players think of him?

Then you should have made that clear earlier on. <_<

I don't think anyone's saying Hughton should be manager of Newcastle, are they? He's been there and done it though and David Kelly might well be right when he says he good coach. Obviously out of his depth as manager though.