Time to stop and think

peasepud

If Shearer stays, we stay up and Ashley stays, everyone is happy.

Not necessarily - I would still want Ashley out unless he put up transfer money. Of course that may be wrapped up in Shearer staying but the prospect of having any manager with the constraints of the last few windows does not make me happy.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily - I would still want Ashley out unless he put up transfer money. Of course that may be wrapped up in Shearer staying but the prospect of having any manager with the constraints of the last few windows does not make me happy.

Sorry I did not mean everyone is happy as in all of us, I meant Shearer, Ashley and the Club management. We, all will never be happy.

Personally I am surprised Shearer has joined the club whilst Ashley is at the club, however I'm convinced at somepoint Shearer must have said "I'll not come to the club whilst Wise is here" and thus Wise has been given his marching orders, Shearer has said "8 games and 8 games only" but I'm convinced the Newcastle virus will works it's evil magic and Shearer will stay on regardless.

Sorry I did not mean everyone is happy as in all of us, I meant Shearer, Ashley and the Club management. We, all will never be happy.

Surely that answers your question then.

Fair enough - I think Ashley's happiness will be measured by ST renewals.

As I said in the main Shearer thread. He doesn't trust them as far as he could throw them.

I think he's only been willing to sign up till the end of the season and concentrate on survival, because there'll be plenty of time to worry about budgets and who signs who later, depending where we are. He'll negotiate that on his terms when the time comes.

Until then, he's insisted Wise goes before he signs up for anything. He's fully aware that Wise has been having more involvement than recruitment alone, so to say it's not a factor outside the transfer window is naive.

I think the Wise/Kinnear argument was a red herrring put out there when the first thing Shearer said was "Wise has to go". There's no reason a free, short term hole filler like Lovenkrands would anger Wise, but it makes it look like this was the way the club wanted to go irrespective of Shearer saying yes or no when it came to the crunch.

Edited by Happy Face

Think he might announce this afternoon that any money paid over the next 8 games will go to Sir Bobs charity.

Would clear any talk of him just coming for the cash.

He might like. ;)

Of course Wise leaving is because of Shearer.

Flying in the face of logic there Pud.

So what does Ashley do if Shearer buggers off after the 8 games? Go back and ask Dennis to return? This regime had faith in DW, they believed he was doing a good job and it was all part of the master plan. I think personally that DW was due to leave anyway, either through another job or because the whole regime is away and therefore this was inevitable.

If he was already nailed on for more then why say its 8 only? why not just come out and give everyone an even bigger feelgood factor and get even more plaudits than they are doing? Why does Shearer himself state that its only 8 games?

Lets just be realistic and if it happens then all the better, I for one though refuse to get my hopes up that this is a brave new Ashley/Shearer dawn.

As I said in the main Shearer thread. He doesn't trust them as far as he could throw them.

I think he's only been willing to sign up till the end of the season and concentrate on survival, because there'll be plenty of time to worry about budgets and who signs who later, depending where we are. He'll negotiate that on his terms when the time comes.

Until then, he's insisted Wise goes before he signs up for anything. He's fully aware that Wise has been having more involvement than recruitment alone, so to say it's not a factor outside the transfer window is naive.

I think the Wise/Kinnear argument was a red herrring put out there when the first thing Shearer said was "Wise has to go". There's no reason a free, short term hole filler like Lovenkrands would anger Wise, but it makes it look like this was the way the club wanted to go irrespective of Shearer saying yes or no when it came to the crunch.

Think you've probably read it right there.

I'm amazed Shearer has agreed to work for the slimy pack of twats in charge of the club.

He said he wouldn't, but I guess the club being in the straights it is in is both something he doesn't want to see, and an opportunity that is too "good" to pass up managerially as well (whether for 8 games or longer).

Guest Stevie
I'm amazed Shearer has agreed to work for the slimy pack of twats in charge of the club.

He said he wouldn't, but I guess the club being in the straights it is in is both something he doesn't want to see, and an opportunity that is too "good" to pass up managerially as well (whether for 8 games or longer).

Fop when was the last time you went to St James' Park?

Fop's not having sex with you either. ;):nufc:

Guest Stevie

Have you ever been to Newcastle?

It's annoying to think that we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place if Ashley and co had listened to KK in the first place. Dismantling the management pyramid in April (under pressure from Shearer) when they could, and should, have done it in September at Keegan's insistence. Rank bad decision making. And, although they might have "thrown a six" in getting Shearer what evidence is there to suggest that this bad decision making, out-of-touch communicating and general out-of-their-depth mismanagement won't continue?

Shearer (IMO) will be here next year regardless of Ashley still owning or not.

Everything is pure speculation but I do have a question for PP.

Where does that leave NUSC, are they still needed, what will be their objectives. I honestly believe the best fans representatives are those who go to the match and make thier opinions kinown at the match. Not looking for a bite just interested.

Eh? the fact you've had to ask that question surprises me but Christmas Tree has already answered that tbh.

I would totally disagree that the bit in bold will make many people happy tbh, if however Ashley stays and he starts to run the club like a football club should be ran then things will be different.

As for what will be our objectives, what exactly is it you think our objectives are now? All we've asked for from the start is change, change from the shit that was happening to this club, this is a definite start and something that should rightly be applauded but its not a long term change, its a short term, get us out of the shite change. Its not a result, its not a guarantee that next year we wont be in the same position only this time without the chance of Al coming in and saving the day.

The supporters club is there for the supporters, to fight their corner when things arent quite right. To stand up for them when stewards take their job too far, when the club denies the repayment of VAT money that is rightfully theirs. Its also there to allow the fans to get their views forward, regardless of what anyone says it does allow that, the backing of a membership of 1100 plus gives a far bigger chance of Bobby Shinton being heard than if he shouts on his own.

More importantly though the SC is there for the members, it will become what they make it.

No, never, Fop was brought up by genetically enhanced Llama's on a south pacific volcano, so your chances of getting lucky are slim. :nufc:

You'll be labelled obsessed for asking a straight question like that. Naive of you to think otherwise :nufc:

Edited by alex

Fop's not having sex with you either. ;):(

You'll be labelled obsessed for asking a straight question like that. Naive of you to think otherwise :nufc:

Well he clearly has had something brewing for a while. :nufc:

Guest Stevie

I'm sick of the cunt.