Shearer and Xisco

Jimbo

Aren't Owen and Martins fit?

Owens never fit, but as hes got 8 games to conjure up a move to a new club im sure hel be able to string a few games together. Its a shame theres not a tournament this summer or he might have even managed 12 games in a row

Aren't Owen and Martins fit?

Owens never fit, but as hes got 8 games to conjure up a move to a new club im sure hel be able to string a few games together. Its a shame theres not a tournament this summer or he might have even managed 12 games in a row

He wasn't involved in one at the end of last season.

Course he isnt, but for his first 2 seasons here he definately put his england career ahead of us

Different to what you were implying tbf. You were on about now. Not sure how his being injured helps his moving to a top club. As ever, you're logic's all over the place. You're probably not even sure what you were trying to say tbh.

I do like how our fans use Owen answering the call and going to the world cup as an example of how he's taking us for a ride. See J69 as an example...

Course he isnt, but for his first 2 seasons here he definately put his england career ahead of us

Because clearly, if Steven "Ama Jaadee Mee!" Taylor wasn't 100% fit and he was called up to the England squad for a World Cup he'd tell them to fuck off.

Hes played more games for the under 21s than Owen has for the seniors since he signed. Still happy to put it in for us though

And what's your point? Injuries are injuries. Taylor has been lucky enough to get away with playing for both while Owen has suffered one or two horrific setbacks over the past few years. Had Taylor been 50/50 prior to the 2006 WC and he was called up he'd have done the same as Owen.

Edited by Ketsbaia

We arent just talking about 2006 though. Its his general attitude towards the club, his attitude in games, his attitude in living the opposite end of the country and his holding the club ransom over a contract. Suck his cock all you want, he hasnt even begun to repay this cub for what we paid for him and what we are paying to him.

We arent just talking about 2006 though. Its his general attitude towards the club, his attitude in games, his attitude in living the opposite end of the country and his holding the club ransom over a contract. Suck his cock all you want, he hasnt even begun to repay this cub for what we paid for him and what we are paying to him.

To be fair wasn't all the "He gets a chopper from Cheshire to Tyneside" stuff debunked ages ago when he did that documentary? And how do you know he was holding the club to ransom over a new contract?

I'm not 'sucking his cock' as you put it, i'm just aware he's our best player by a country mile and one of a quality we wont see for some time if we continue on down this slippy slope. I appreciate quality and Owen has it.

He's quality, I don't care where he lives whatsoever. You certainly know the rest of this lot aren't near the class of Owen, so why don't you just support him? He's certainly not to blame for his injuries, so please stop with this silly ''he's never repaid what we've paid for him''-crap. You're critisising certain players even when you have to praise them, while praising others who can't pass or cross a fucking ball. We're lucky to have someone like Owen at this club.

Edited by KingKev

There 's a difference between 'sucking his cock' and taking issue with what you said J69. I'm not trying to pretend he's been a great signing or anything but I think having a go at his commitment because of where he lives is daft (he lives in Newcastle through the week anway iirc). He's been unlucky with injuries and on top of that he's cost us a fortune in fees and wages but he's a model pro really. People go about him being into the horses as though that's a really bad thing too. Better than being out on the piss and so on (he's dull as fuck in terms of his personal life). No one would pretend they're happy about the amount of games he's played but he's still been important for us in terms of goals. And to have a pop at him for not signing a new contract is ridiculous. Who would under his circumstances? Absolutely no one would. Saying he's holding us to ransom is a load of shite. What have the club done since the season started to make him think he should commit to us? The club have even said contract talks on on hold until we guarantee our safety anyway - which is exactly what you'd expect at present.

Edited by alex

Id also disagree with the whole ''hes the best player we have by a country mile' brigade too. Hes not half the player he used to be. In the games he has played in in the last year hes gone missing in the majority and hes only looked good against the lesser teams. Ive lost count of the easy chances he missed before his latest injury. I honestly believe Martins offers more to the team atm in terms of overall play and goal threat.

Id also disagree with the whole ''hes the best player we have by a country mile' brigade too. Hes not half the player he used to be. In the games he has played in in the last year hes gone missing in the majority and hes only looked good against the lesser teams. Ive lost count of the easy chances he missed before his latest injury. I honestly believe Martins offers more to the team atm in terms of overall play and goal threat.

Martins has no football brain though, Owen has. That's why he scores more goals than Oba.