Footage shows G20 death man push

Fop

Saw the new video on ITV last night.

Some stupid bitch tells her mate to film her and gets in the face of a copper 3 times after being asked to stand back.

I've got no sympathy for her.

Aye, but you like to beat da ladies. :D

Thing is again though, why does someone that is beating a police officer over the head with a pole just gets told to "calm down, please, calm down" as the officer backs away in one instance?

Yet in another a women gets quite seriously backhanded in the face by an armoured glove and then beaten with a baton (a baton that it's completely illegal for a "civilian" to carry as well) for being mouthy?

:D

Are you saying the policeman's response would have been justified if it was a man getting in his face?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been suspended too: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7999277.stm

"Frankly have we changed the culture of policing protests in Britain, so that officers now believe their job is to crush decent rather than manage it?"

Where's that quote with the apalling spelling from? I couldn't find it in the link.

:unsure:

I don't know if its been said but I'd imagine the emergence of video cameras on mobile phones is the only reason incidents like these are getting this much press coverage. If these are the worst incidents over the two days my impression is policing has genuinely improved since my student days, and the days of the miners strike for that matter.

Should help things, or maybe not, considering the IPCC denied there where any CCTV cameras in the area.... until it was pointed out that actually there were several. :D

Some stupid bitch tells her mate to film her and gets in the face of a copper 3 times after being asked to stand back.

Thing is again though, why does someone that is beating a police officer over the head with a pole just gets told to "calm down, please, calm down" as the officer backs away in one instance?

Yet in another a women gets quite seriously backhanded in the face by an armoured glove and then beaten with a baton (a baton that it's completely illegal for a "civilian" to carry as well) for being mouthy?

Are you saying the policeman's response would have been justified if it was a man getting in his face?

Are you saying the policeman's response would have been justified if it was a child getting in his/her face?

He's been suspended too: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7999277.stm

"Frankly have we changed the culture of policing protests in Britain, so that officers now believe their job is to crush decent rather than manage it?"

Where's that quote with the apalling spelling from? I couldn't find it in the link.

:nufc:

I don't know if its been said but I'd imagine the emergence of video cameras on mobile phones is the only reason incidents like these are getting this much press coverage. If these are the worst incidents over the two days my impression is policing has genuinely improved since my student days, and the days of the miners strike for that matter.

Should help things, or maybe not, considering the IPCC denied there where any CCTV cameras in the area.... until it was pointed out that actually there were several. :D

Oops I spelt appalling wrong. :unsure:

Where was that quote from though?

Are you saying the policeman's response would have been justified if it was a child getting in his/her face?

No I'm not. Children and adults are distinct groups treated differently in the eye of the law.

No I'm not. Children and adults are distinct groups treated differently in the eye of the law.

Are you saying the policeman's response would have been justified if it was a disabled person in a wheelchair getting in his/her face?

Are you saying the policeman's response would have been justified if it was a disabled person in a wheelchair getting in his/her face?

How would someone in a wheelchair be six foot up in the air?

Are you saying being a woman is a disability on a par being wheelchairbound?

Was the woman six feet up in the air? :unsure:

Are you saying people in wheelchairs should be treated differently by the law than those not in them?

Would the policeman be justified in taking the disabled person's wheels off?

They can try.

home.jpg

sitbehindMale.gif

Police training manual for dealing with wheelchair bound threats. :D

Edited by Fop

Are you saying people in wheelchairs should be treated differently by the law than those not in them?

Yes. There's no point braying a cripples legs to start with.

Are you saying people in wheelchairs should be brayed in the head/body to restrain them/stop them shouting at you? (ignoring whether they actually have feeling in their legs)

Are you saying that is "proportional force"?

Are you saying people in wheelchairs should be brayed in the head/body to restrain them/stop them shouting at you? (ignoring whether they actually have feeling in their legs)

Yes. That's exactly it.

Someone lock the thread and send Fop his book token.

:unsure:

Was the woman six feet up in the air? :nufc:

Yes. That's exactly it.

Don't start what you can't finish. :D

But basically are you saying what that policeman did to that woman was "proportional force"? Bearing in mind what she was doing, and their size difference (not that he was especially big, but she was 1/2 his size).

And if so what about if she had been a fella his size hitting him on the head with a pole?

Aye, but you like to beat da ladies. :o

:o

Was the woman six feet up in the air? :o

Yes. That's exactly it.

Don't start what you can't finish. :o

But basically are you saying what that policeman did to that woman was "proportional force"? Bearing in mind what she was doing, and their size difference (not that he was especially big, but she was 1/2 his size).

And if so what about if she had been a fella his size hitting him on the head with a pole?

I've already stated my position....

Why don't you give your opinion for once?

What should the policeman have done? Ignore her? Arrest her? Engage her in conversation about the merits of globalisation?

Edited by Happy Face

Aye, but you like to beat da ladies. :o

:o

Was the woman six feet up in the air? :o

Yes. That's exactly it.

Don't start what you can't finish. :o

I've already stated my position....

Why don't you give your opinion for once?

What should the policeman have done? Ignore her? Arrest her? Engage her in conversation about the merits of globalisation?

Probably handed her a metal pole so she could hit him with it and only be politely told to calm down. :o

Clearly there were 100 better ways to handle and diffuse that situation.

Unfortunately your love of woman beating seems to be clouding your judgement of "proportional force". :o

Probably handed her a metal pole so she could hit him with it and only be politely told to calm down. :o

Unfortunately your love of woman beating seems to be clouding your judgement of "proportional force". :o

Clearly.

The one you would have used will do.

Clearly.

Any one that didn't start with backhanding her in the face would be a good start. :o

Although Fop must admit seeing you handle a similar situation would probably be quite amusing in a twisted (and civil rights abusing - too much time in the CSA Fop suspects :o) way.

"That bitch stuck her tongue out at me, how very dare she...... SEND IN THE HORSES, KILL THE FUCKER!!!!! :o" :o

Clearly.

Any one that didn't start with backhanding her in the face would be a good start. :o

I thought so.

Clearly.

I thought so.

Once you can deal with someone without having to back hand them in the face Chris, the world is your oyster. :o