Footage shows G20 death man push

Fop

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if this will feature on 'Brit Cops: Zero Tolerance' on Bravo btw.

Dunno but amazingly the IPCC is actually going to look into the investigation behind that babysitter that was acquitted. :lol:

Fop expects a whitewash, but you never know.

do you know how much of a cunt you sound referring to yourself like that all the time. Kid Dynamite thinks Fop should stop turning every thread into a thread about Fop

Fop think it's not Fop, but rather people like you that do that.

Fop is right too. :lol:

The Metropolitan Police has denied trying to "cover up" the death of Ian Tomlinson during the G20 protests.

London's former mayor Ken Livingstone said officers colluded to hide the fact that Mr Tomlinson, 47, was attacked by police minutes before he died.

The Met said there was no intention to mislead following after the newsagent died of a heart attack on 1 April.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has launched a criminal investigation into the matter.

"It's now quite clear that a lot of local officers were colluding in trying to cover this up"

London's former mayor Ken Livingstone

The force only acknowledged Mr Tomlinson had "contact with police" before he died after video footage of the attack came to the public domain.

"To clarify, there has been no denial from the Met that this was the case, nor any deliberate intent to mislead," a spokesman said.

"This is information that could only have been known as the investigation progressed as this was not known at the time of providing medical aid to Mr Tomlinson."

Video footage appears to show Mr Tomlinson being hit with a baton and being pushed from behind to the floor.

Mr Livingstone said local police officers had tried to obscure the truth from the beginning.

"It's now quite clear that a lot of local officers were colluding in trying to cover this up, hide it no doubt from the commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson and the public," he said.

The officer thought to be shown on video pushing Mr Tomlinson to the ground is to be questioned by the IPCC.

The IPCC has ordered a second post-mortem test as part of its inquiry following the release of the video footage.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7992296.stm

Are the UK police still moderate by French standards?

Compared to the French they are pretty moderate I guess, but not compared to the German police who seem pretty professional. They do get the water cannon out now and again though.

Compared to the French they are pretty moderate I guess, but not compared to the German police who seem pretty professional. They do get the water cannon out now and again though.

Oooh we like a bit of water cannon, don't we ladies?

530659_m.jpg

Was it really that bad? I know some blokey died but presumably he had a dodgy ticker? I only saw a bit of it on telly here but it didn't seem that extreme.....

I remember a few years ago Paul Mariner claimed a goal for England which had grazed him before being deflected in for a blatant OG. Jimmy Greaves made the comment that he'd done a quick calculation and now reckoned he'd score 847 goals in his career rather than 400 or whatever it was.

After seeing that I've done a quick calculation and reckon I've seen 257000 police assaults.

It doesn't make hitting a woman right or proper but in the scheme of things I'd say it was minor - apart from the effect of making more people lose respect for the police.

Saw the new video on ITV last night.

Some stupid bitch tells her mate to film her and gets in the face of a copper 3 times after being asked to stand back.

I've got no sympathy for her.

Aye, but you like to beat da ladies. :D

Thing is again though, why does someone that is beating a police officer over the head with a pole just gets told to "calm down, please, calm down" as the officer backs away in one instance?

Yet in another a women gets quite seriously backhanded in the face by an armoured glove and then beaten with a baton (a baton that it's completely illegal for a "civilian" to carry as well) for being mouthy?

:D

Thing is again though, why does someone that is beating a police officer over the head with a pole just gets told to "calm down, please, calm down" as the officer backs away in one instance?

Yet in another a women gets quite seriously backhanded in the face by an armoured glove and then beaten with a baton (a baton that it's completely illegal for a "civilian" to carry as well) for being mouthy?

Institutional sexism, clearly.

:unsure:

Institutional sexism, clearly.

Nah Institutional Acousticoism. :D

But it's nice to see you still can't actually answer the question without being forced to agree with Fop. :D

He's been suspended too: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7999277.stm

"Frankly have we changed the culture of policing protests in Britain, so that officers now believe their job is to crush decent rather than manage it?"

Where's that quote with the apalling spelling from? I couldn't find it in the link.

I don't know if its been said but I'd imagine the emergence of video cameras on mobile phones is the only reason incidents like these are getting this much press coverage. If these are the worst incidents over the two days my impression is policing has genuinely improved since my student days, and the days of the miners strike for that matter.