Adriano

bawan

Inter Milan striker Adriano has revealed he is taking a break from football in order to 'rethink' his career.

Adriano is currently back in his native Brazil after failing to return to Italy following the recent 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

Reports have claimed he has been attending to a 'delicate' personal matter and his whereabouts had initially been unknown until he was located in Rio de Janeiro.

The player's agent is planning to travel to Italy next week to meet Inter officials to discuss the 27-year-old's situation.

However, Adriano will not be heading back to Serie A in the near future after admitting he has fallen out of love with playing football.

Live in peace

"I've lost the happiness of playing," Adriano told a press conference.

"I wouldn't like to go back to Italy, I want to live in peace here in Brazil.

"I wasn't unhappy in Italy. I don't know if I'm going to stay for one, two or three months without playing.

"I'm going to rethink my career."

Actually kind of surprising this doesn't happen more often. People get depressed over their jobs in any field.

... I guess raking in the cash faster than you can spend it quickly helps to get over it :lol:

I reckon if the cash disappeared the appetite would return soon enough. Makes me sick, a millionaire footballer living the dream and he decides to go all menopausal. Arsehole.

[envy/bitterness]

the man is clearly a Bit fucked up in the head, which only leads me to wonder why we haven't signed him ?

And from his perspective, signing for us is the perfect solution for any player wishing to give up playing football[/viduka]

Money doesn't guarantee happiness of course. It does, broadly speaking, give you a far better chance. That's why so many people want the filthy stuff, and those who have it tend to go to great lengths to ensure they keep it.

'I want to live in peace in Brazil' for fuck's sake :lol:

I reckon all the sex with supermodels must detract from football once you become a professional, especially a world start like Adriano. He doenn't need the money, and wants to live out his life in luxury doing sweet FA. Sounds great! I bet he would miss football if he gave it up though.

If he likes Brazil so much then why doesn't he take a look at the poverty there and realise that if he played for a few more years he could raise a fair whack of money to help those a lot less fortunated than him, would that not be enough motivation?

What he doesn't seem to realise is that in about five years or less even, it will be all over for him and he'll have plenty of time to rethink the rest of his life. Better off to go out a winner than what he seems to be at the moment.

The guy obviously has personal issues, hes never been the same on the pitch ever since his dad passed away in 2005 IIRC, everyone needs a break but "re-thinking" your career at 27 is surely bonkers.

I suppose at least he's being honest rather being a waster and still picking up the wage.

like the majority of our starting 11

Exactly.