Good reading !

LeazesMag

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The largest element of these costs, wages and salaries, increased by 12% from £44.9m to £50.2m reflecting the increased cost of investment in the playing squad and exceptional costs associated with the change of team management

*gulps*

The largest element of these costs, wages and salaries, increased by 12% from £44.9m to £50.2m reflecting the increased cost of investment in the playing squad and exceptional costs associated with the change of team management

*gulps*

50436[/snapback]

Robson's payoff?

*gulps*

50436[/snapback]

Robson's payoff?

50492[/snapback]

Souness's unfeasibly large and incompetent entourage?

*gulps*

50436[/snapback]

Robson's payoff?

50492[/snapback]

50507[/snapback]

:o

It's Robson's payoff as it's classed as an "exceptional item". It could also be any compensation that we may have paid to Blackburn for Souness - don't know whether we did or not though.

Of course, none of this takes into account the money spent on Owen or luque, or the fact we are not in Europe this year and probably won't be next year. I think we're in the shit, yet despite this the parasites keep taking.

What's Gemmill's take on this I wonder?

*gulps*

50436[/snapback]

Robson's payoff?

50492[/snapback]

50507[/snapback]

It's Robson's payoff as it's classed as an "exceptional item". It could also be any compensation that we may have paid to Blackburn for Souness - don't know whether we did or not though.

50508[/snapback]

Fair enough, but the increased salary expenditure isn't exceptional, is it? And if Souness does (hopefully) get the boot, won't he have an even bigger "exceptional" pay off considering the amount of cronies he has taken onboard?

Of course, none of this takes into account the money spent on Owen or luque, or the fact we are not in Europe this year and probably won't be next year. I think we're in the shit, yet despite this the parasites keep taking.

What's Gemmill's take on this I wonder?

50509[/snapback]

Not a lot really. The results are clearly not as good as the previous year and they'll be worse this coming year with the reduced revenue from not being in Europe.

The purchases of Owen and Luque would have no impact on the results in terms of profit though, other than a higher depreciation charge, although that's offset by some of the sales we've made too.

That's enough accountancy speak from me anyway. :o

*gulps*

50436[/snapback]

Robson's payoff?

50492[/snapback]

50507[/snapback]

50508[/snapback]

Fair enough, but the increased salary expenditure isn't exceptional, is it? And if Souness does (hopefully) get the boot, won't he have an even bigger "exceptional" pay off considering the amount of cronies he has taken onboard?

50510[/snapback]

The increase is 5million quid. I would think that most of that is Robson's payoff.

There will be a compensation payout should we get rid of Souness, but that's just business isn't it? If you dismiss someone in a highly paid position then you have to accept there'll be a financial cost. I would think Souness is on quite a bit less than Robson though, although I'm just guessing.

Unbelievable really.

People were crucifying Shepherd in 2003 for "keeping the powder dry", after having spent over £50m in the few years leading upto that with very little European football.

Now we've spent a lot to try and get us back into Europe, he's STILL getting slaughtered!

Unbelievable really.

People were crucifying Shepherd in 2003 for "keeping the powder dry", after having spent over £50m in the few years leading upto that with very little European football.

Now we've spent a lot to try and get us back into Europe, he's STILL getting slaughtered!

50514[/snapback]

I'll "crucify" the fat bastard for constantly robbing the club through his salary and dividends. And the best time to spend is when you're at the top, in the CL. The worst thing you can do is rest on your laurels and watch everything turn to shit. It was so fucking predictable. :o

Fine, people aren't worried about our predicament. Well, I am. Seriously, I think we're fucked unless a miracle happens.

*gulps*

50436[/snapback]

Robson's payoff?

50492[/snapback]

50507[/snapback]

50508[/snapback]

We'd have to play Blackburn compensation? :o

The increase is 5million quid.  I would think that most of that is Robson's payoff.

Bleeds Black and White tbh. :o

50519[/snapback]

SBR had less than a year to run on his contract though, so that would mean he was on over £5million a year/ £100,000 a week. Or am I missing something?

The increase is 5million quid.  I would think that most of that is Robson's payoff.

Bleeds Black and White tbh. :o

50519[/snapback]

SBR had less than a year to run on his contract though, so that would mean he was on over £5million a year/ £100,000 a week. Or am I missing something?

50522[/snapback]

Hair. We've established that.

Unbelievable really.

50514[/snapback]

I'll "crucify" the fat bastard for constantly robbing the club through his salary and dividends. And the best time to spend is when you're at the top, in the CL. The worst thing you can do is rest on your laurels and watch everything turn to shit. It was so fucking predictable. :o

Fine, people aren't worried about our predicament. Well, I am. Seriously, I think we're fucked unless a miracle happens.

50518[/snapback]

I don't see the problem. We've made a loss of around £9m. For years we've been making a profit, yet as soon as it dips for the first time, the end of the world is nigh.

Unbelievable really.

50514[/snapback]

50518[/snapback]

I don't see the problem. We've made a loss of around £9m. For years we've been making a profit, yet as soon as it dips for the first time, the end of the world is nigh.

50526[/snapback]

Our outgoings have increased massively, our income has decreased significantly, our directors are bleeding the club dry, we still need to invest a fortune on players, and you don't see a problem? :o

Like I said, fine. You'll see it more clearly in two or three years I imagine.

Isn't it just a £9m dip in profits though. Shepherd has just been on SSN saying we've made a profit. From that, I'd read we've made profit, just £9m less than last year.

50529[/snapback]

Doubtless Gemmill will be along shortly to muddy the waters further with an 'explanation'

Isn't it just a £9m dip in profits though. Shepherd has just been on SSN saying we've made a profit. From that, I'd read we've made profit, just £9m less than last year.

50529[/snapback]

None of those accounts include the fact we have spent a small fortune in players this year. And also there will be no European money in next years accounts. I don't need Gemmill to explain to me this is bad news. It's hardly rocket science.

Yet the bastards keep taking.

Great, let Villa, Real & Deportivo have their players back and let us be in profit again next season. Woohoo! St James' will be a wonderful place watching Jenas, Bowyer & Chopra instead.

50548[/snapback]

Great, let Villa, Real & Deportivo have their players back and let us be in profit again next season. Woohoo! St James' will be a wonderful place watching Jenas, Bowyer & Chopra instead.

50548[/snapback]

People are complaining about the dividends being paid to share holders though aren't they rather than the players we've signed?

What's wrong with that? As a fan, I'd sooner watch Solano, Luque & Owen than people that were already here. I don't care what goes on at boardroom level.  If worse comes to worse, we sell them on and financially, we're fine.

50553[/snapback]

I do.