Good reading !

LeazesMag

I don't think relegation is a genuine posibility tbh.

50595[/snapback]

I'm not saying it's a certainty, Alex, but only a fool considers it to be out the question.

Where are the goals coming from? We only have one striker who is up to it at PL level and he is struggling to maintain fitness.

The last time I mentioned this the replies were along the lines of, " we won't go down because there are worse teams than us.....Wigan, West Ham, Blackburn, WBA and Sunderland ".

Well I think it's a genuine possibility we won't finish above all of those teams others have mentioned in the past. It's just as well Everton have found their level after last seasons fluke.

50713[/snapback]

Hopefully, Luque, one of our other strikers, will provide some goals.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's worth remembering amidst all the doom and gloom is that profit and loss figures merely reflect a business' performance over a period of time. We should not be at all surprised then that the last year's results are not great.

The things to judge a business' position on are found on the balance sheet- mainly cash and creditors. Eventually losses catch up with you, but we've not gone from great to in the mire in 12 months- the real position is somewhere in between.

WARNING- The following contains jargon!

The £9m loss figure includes the amortisation (accounting for cost over time) of the players' registrations but not the profit on disposal of players- so taking in all footballing transactions we more of less broke even, then paid out £4m dividends leaving a £4m loss to be retained for next year.

It's also worth remembering that while we may pay £10m for a player, that's not a loss of £10m for that year's accounts. If the player is signed over 5 years, then a charge of £2m is posted each year, the theory being that the business can make more than £2m back as a result of having the player in the squad. So we may pay out the cash, but the cost will be spread over the length of the contract. If we sell a player for more or less than his remaining value, then this is posted as either a profit or a loss on disposal (which earned us £13m in the last year). A player cannot be valued at higher than his cost price or his realistic market value- this is why the club wrote down the value of certain players (I wonder who?) by £3.4m- again this is shown as a loss but that does not indicate cash leaving the business.

As Gemmill (a sorcerer to this apprentice) rightly pointed out, our charge for the amortisation (depreciation) will hit our profit figure again next year as we have signed so many high value players after the 31st June cut-off period.

I don't even want to start to correct the misapprehensions on a certain other forum. I'd be here all week.

Of course, none of this takes into account the money spent on Owen or luque, or the fact we are not in Europe this year and probably won't be next year. I think we're in the shit, yet despite this the parasites keep taking.

What's Gemmill's take on this I wonder?

50509[/snapback]

I was wondering who would be first to notice

As I said in another thread somewhere, expect a mini sale in the summer, when we dont' qualify for europe, and Souness legacy is there for everyone to see.

Didn't want to say the last bit, but did !

Edited by LeazesMag

The increase is 5million quid.  I would think that most of that is Robson's payoff.

Bleeds Black and White tbh. :o

50519[/snapback]

SBR had less than a year to run on his contract though, so that would mean he was on over £5million a year/ £100,000 a week. Or am I missing something?

50522[/snapback]

Hair. We've established that.

50524[/snapback]

is Alex really a young baldy, or is it just a myth perpetrated by wacky

The increase is 5million quid.  I would think that most of that is Robson's payoff.

Bleeds Black and White tbh. ;)

50519[/snapback]

SBR had less than a year to run on his contract though, so that would mean he was on over £5million a year/ £100,000 a week. Or am I missing something?

50522[/snapback]

Hair. We've established that.

50524[/snapback]

is Alex really a young baldy, or is it just a myth perpetrated by wacky

50758[/snapback]

I don't know who started the rumour I was young.