Newcastle to go down?

ryanward

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do we need to go down to get rid of deadwood? ;)

one of the biggest fallacies I've ever heard is this myth that a positive thing about going down is that we can get rid of the deadwood. Bullshit.

I'd class Butt, Nolan, Smith, Duff, Coloccini, Owen, Viduka as dead wood.

The players that are most likely to leave are Bassong, Enrique, Martins, Gutierrez

In my opinion it's the deadwood that'll stay around, because we won't be able to shift them for love nor money.

one of the biggest fallacies I've ever heard is this myth that a positive thing about going down is that we can get rid of the deadwood. Bullshit.

The players that are most likely to leave are Bassong, Enrique, Martins, Gutierrez

In my opinion it's the deadwood that'll stay around, because we won't be able to shift them for love nor money.

I'm not sure what sort of wages your deadwood players are on but I'm fairly certain some of them will get interest as long as you don't want inflated fees for them.

I'm sure for the board it will be a case of getting the high earners off the wage bill...

I wouldn't mind Bassong and Jonas at Spurs...

I'd class Butt, Nolan, Smith, Duff, Coloccini, Taylor, Taylor, Lovekrands, Owen, Viduka as dead wood.

I'm not sure what sort of wages your deadwood players are on but I'm fairly certain some of them will get interest as long as you don't want inflated fees for them.

I'm sure for the board it will be a case of getting the high earners off the wage bill...

I wouldn't mind Bassong and Jonas at Spurs...

As it's Newcastle I'd bet the deadwood are on a good wage.

The trouble for the board is that those high earners are likely to be expensive to get rid of. So it becomes a question of whether or not it's financially worth while selling them at a cut price, just to get rid of the high wage and buying their replacements. Or, should they just keep them on the pay role and get as much out of them in a lower division as possible.

Resigned myself to relegation, anythig better will be a bonus. Mind was made up after the utter dog shit performance at home against Portsmouth - if we can't take that chance, and those chances on the day, we don't deserve any better.

I did not and do not want Newcastle to go down but the thought of getting rid of the dead wood is the shining beacon of light the end of a very dark tunnel!

Bring back fat fred... ;)

You've had some of the highest praise I've seen given on a message board while you've been away.

Ask him if hes bought any bricks lately :)

The likes of Bassong, Enrique, Martins, and Gutierrez are sure to go. However, I disagree with your top line of players. Wages will be too high for current dross such as Smith, Duff, Coloccini, Owen, and Viduka. Getting rid of these players with a fresh start is the miniscule bonus of relegation.

Staying up and a return to form for these players if my favoured option! However...

Why do we need to go down to get rid of deadwood? :D

The likes of Bassong, Enrique, Martins, and Gutierrez are sure to go. However, I disagree with your top line of players. Wages will be too high for current dross such as Smith, Duff, Coloccini, Owen, and Viduka. Getting rid of these players with a fresh start is the miniscule bonus of relegation.

Staying up and a return to form for these players if my favoured option! However...

Owen and Viduka are out of contract anyway. Smith *spit* is worse than Luque and on £60k a week, he'll be staying and talking shit. Geremi's out of contract too I think (hope).

Smith score :D

Another arsehole. He could easily have gone yesterday as well, and his stupid 'cheeky grin' routine when he's yellow-carded for one of his daft sliding tackles is really starting to irritate me.

Guest alex
Smith score :D

Another arsehole. He could easily have gone yesterday as well, and his stupid 'cheeky grin' routine when he's yellow-carded for one of his daft sliding tackles is really starting to irritate me.

As 2J has mentioned before, he hasn't even got the legs he used to have.

The pair of them along with Ryan Taylor are just the sort of shite Keane was stockpiling at the mackems. I'm sick of watching them man, and matchdays being something you just have to endure :D