Spl or Championship?

BigChrisfgb

Spl or Championship?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest alex
We're not Scottish.

Nor is Berwick, nor are Cardiff, Swansea or Wrexham English.

Surely you can see the difference in those cases though.

Guest Stevie

The Championship is a far better standard than the SPL. Everyone in the SPL apart from Rangers and Celtic would be relegated from the Championship in my view. On the other hand our first trophies in 40 years would be just 12 months away, but fuck that.

Longest away trip in the SPL

Inverness 280 miles

Longest away trip next season

Plymouth 410 miles

Plus as Stevie says you may win some silverware. I say go for it.

Guest Stevie
Longest away trip in the SPL

Inverness 280 miles

Longest away trip next season

Plymouth 410 miles

Plus as Stevie says you may win some silverware. I say go for it.

Well why don't you fuck off to the French league you cunt, Tottenham to Lille 100 miles, Tottenham to Newcastle 270 miles. Besides a big part of your life would be missing if we fucked off.

just stating a fact Stevie. All Im saying is it would mean shorter journeys.

Im not sure the trip to Newcastle would be an issue for us either way.

Who the fuck has voted SPL other than the op and Danny?

SPL is a nothing league, the majority of their teams would struggle to exist outside of it. To be honest if that rumoured "extra" league including the old firm teams were to exist I could easily see Scottish football die a death.

SPL is a nothing league, the majority of their teams would struggle to exist outside of it. To be honest if that rumoured "extra" league including the old firm teams were to exist I could easily see Scottish football die a death.

I don't know about that - without Rangers and Celtic dominating the SPL the other teams would actually have something to play for. While teams wouldn't get the nice pay day of one of the Old Firm coming to play, the average attendances for the other games would probably increase. Setanta would still show Scottish football so teams would still get TV money, there would be a chance for someone to qualify for the CL, people would just enjoy it more.

As for the opening question, definitely the Championship.

I don't know about that - without Rangers and Celtic dominating the SPL the other teams would actually have something to play for. While teams wouldn't get the nice pay day of one of the Old Firm coming to play, the average attendances for the other games would probably increase. Setanta would still show Scottish football so teams would still get TV money, there would be a chance for someone to qualify for the CL, people would just enjoy it more.

I'm not so sure, Setanta would probably only pay a fraction of what they do now and the Scottish European co-efficient would plunge with the shite they'd be entering into Europe so they'd end up with less European places and find it harder to actually get past the qualification rounds. The league would be fucked without the Old Firm imo.

I'm not so sure, Setanta would probably only pay a fraction of what they do now and the Scottish European co-efficient would plunge with the shite they'd be entering into Europe so they'd end up with less European places and find it harder to actually get past the qualification rounds. The league would be fucked without the Old Firm imo.

:razz: