Duff vows to stay put

scotty84

MICK McCarthy will ask the Wolves board to sanction a move for Ireland star Damien Duff - Evening Herald

NEWCASTLE winger Damien Duff could be leaving the relegated side over the summer, with Wolves a potential bidder.

Following the clubs relegation the whole squad and of course the club have been put up for sale and according to reports in the Evening Herald, Mick McCarthy's relationship with Damien Duff could persuade the Irishman to come to Molineux.

Play-Off winners Burnley are also reportedly interested in taking Duff from Newcastle, but the Irish newspaper believes that Wolves are the favourites.

Vital Wolves Comment: What a superb signing this would be. It is just the type of name that will capture the imagination of the fans. Fingers crossed that this one is true! But I doubt it.

Shit source, but still if there is any truth in it..

:lol:

Yea, I wouldn't be so sure about that. :aye:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In seriousness he is a good player in the fizzy pop league

What makes you think that?He still has no pace, he still can't cross, take corners or prretty much anything required of a player in his position. It's not as if his crosses which almost always go to the opposition or out of play will be magnetically pulled towards Andy Carrolls head now that we're in the championship.

Has he ever played in the lower league?

Certainly not since he lost all of his pace and interest anyway.

did for blackburn I think

Has he ever played in the lower league?

Certainly not since he lost all of his pace and interest anyway.

Yeah he did for Blackburn the year they went down. Don't get me wrong, he was brilliant back then and at Chelsea the first couple of years, but wingers are usually not much use after 30 as Duff is proving.

Just to confirm, he stayed when we went down in 1999. Did pretty well, but was fairly inexperienced as he spent a while sharing the left wing slot with Handbag (aka Jason Wilcox). He really came into his own around 2000-02, when we won the Worthington Cup and he linked up brilliantly with Matt Jansen and Andy Cole. He was good for a few seasons at Chelsea, then the Special One prefered Robben, and Duff lost interest as his bank balance grew, and he got a few injuries.

Sad to see him such a shadow of his former self. Worse to see Matt Jansen nowadays though.

Just to confirm, he stayed when we went down in 1999. Did pretty well, but was fairly inexperienced as he spent a while sharing the left wing slot with Handbag (aka Jason Wilcox). He really came into his own around 2000-02, when we won the Worthington Cup and he linked up brilliantly with Matt Jansen and Andy Cole. He was good for a few seasons at Chelsea, then the Special One prefered Robben, and Duff lost interest as his bank balance grew, and he got a few injuries.

Sad to see him such a shadow of his former self. Worse to see Matt Jansen nowadays though.

Yeah at least Duff won the league and whatnot, picking up an absolute fortune along the way, Jansen was never the same after the accident was he.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Jansen should have been on the plane to Japan in 2002, not in Italy. He was in absolutely storming form, and was playing far better than Teddy Sheringham, who still had skill, but was slower than plate tectonics. Matt would have been a good squad player to come off the bench in a game like the 1/4 final in Brazil. It was the second time that Swedish cunt buggered Blackburn over. After the accident which left him in a coma for a few days, he just didn't have the flair or speed of thought on the pitch, which was what he was about. Shame, as he was very professional and a really decent guy. Makes me wish it was Joey Barton instead. He deserves that kind of crap more than Matt.

I remember when he first went to Newcastle and the day before The sun had printed a full back page "DUFF TO SPURS". when he didnt come I was gutted... fuck me we dodged that land mine