KK to Southampton?

Craig

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultimately it isn't. Just like always leaving isn't necessarily a bad thing. Circumstances are what matter.

...and the circumstances are he's never left a club worse off.

...not Like Steve (7 clubs in 10 years) Bruce who still seems to be in demand.

Ultimately it isn't. Just like always leaving isn't necessarily a bad thing. Circumstances are what matter.

He did get proven right the last time, didn't he...

Self fulfilling prophecy though. How noble of him to show us how right he was.

He did get proven right the last time, didn't he...

Self fulfilling prophecy though. How noble of him to show us how right he was.

"Self fulfilling prohecy"? What a load of tosh. Not Keegan showed us he was right, the numpties showed us they were wrong...

You must turn really a blind eye on the "circumstances" to still stick to blaming Keegan. Especially after the numpties messing around with Shearer in recent weeks...

You must turn really a blind eye on the "circumstances" to still stick to blaming Keegan. Especially after the numpties messing around with Shearer in recent weeks...

as per usual then. Criticising Keegan = Regime is so brilliant and true. Is there even any point discussion whether Ashley and co are morons? Not really, that's pretty clear.

I'm not saying Keegan is ultimately to blame for us going down. He's cunt for doing what he did. That stands on its own regardless of if we'd have survived or gone down.

as per usual then. Criticising Keegan = Regime is so brilliant and true. Is there even any point discussion whether Ashley and co are morons? Not really, that's pretty clear.

I'm not saying Keegan is ultimately to blame for us going down. He's cunt for doing what he did. That stands on its own regardless of if we'd have survived or gone down.

Was Curbishley a cunt doing it to West Ham?

Would he be more of a cunt if they'd gone on to do a Newcastle?

Or do the owners there getting a replacement in straight away who's still there and looking forward to another year in the PL absolve him of cuntishness?

as per usual then. Criticising Keegan = Regime is so brilliant and true. Is there even any point discussion whether Ashley and co and morons? Not really, that's pretty clear.

Where have I drawn this conclusion? All I said (in respect of you waffling about a self fulfilling prophecy) is that those numpties ultimately proved Keegan right themselves .

And how exactly is he a **** (word censored with regard to Catmag) for what he did? He wasn't allowed to do the job the way he wanted to and took the consequences. Something you'd expect from most strong-minded people. For example, I don't believe someone like Shearer would have reacted much differently.

And to carry on with this analogy.

I think you can compare last season's crunch talks between Keegan and the board to the talks Shearer held with Ashley & Co. (with the generousity to come up to Newcastle this time). Both times the board got told what is needed for a manager to do a successful job. Though this time Ashley realised he couldn't fuck over another strong-minded and popular manager.

Whenever people criticise Keegan for walking I always think back last September just after the event when every manager in the league was quizzed about the situation. I can't remember one manager who said Keegan was out of line. Seems only to be a small number of our fans who dislike him for it.

Tbh, his departures are mainly based around his feeling at the time; "Furthest I can take the club" and "I wish to retire at the end of the season".

When the pressure gets going, he's off.

Newcastle - made to leave because he they wanted him to sign a longer contract that he was happy to do so, just so the float went well. Evidently more concerned about their own wealth than him being manager. When he said no they said the only option was to resign.

Fulham - intended to carry on as well as lead England (a job no-one wanted at the time). Tried it, couldn't give Fulham the attention he felt it deserved so resigned. Can't blame him for wanting a crack at leading his country. What often gets lost in history was that he wasn't Fulham manager to start with - Ray Wilkins was. KK was DOF. When Wilkins got the boot, did KK 'quit'? Nope he took the managerial job on. Hardly the actions of a quitter.

England - the only job he quit. Felt he couldn't offer any more.

Man City - he made a comment that he would be retiring from football once his contract had expired, which would have been the end of the season and the press blew it all out of propotion. Because of that it caused unrest with the players and therefore they terminated his contract that week.

Newcastle - well we all know what happened back in September, don't we?

The timing of it has a part too. Had he quit at the end of 07-08 then he could have been respected for it. But doing so after the transfer window when everyone least expected it, was just petty and, in hindsight typical of him. Especially after he had pledged his 'love' for the club and acknowledged the special relationship with the club and fans (which differentiates it from West Ham I guess). I'd like to believe most strong minded people wouldn't misplace their 'principles' and acknowledge the special circumstances. I suspect Keegan is more in love with his own self righteousness than anything else.

Just such a car crash of a season. I don't see why I should hold Keegan in any kind of esteem or even respect him when he just gave up on us (arguably twice) when faced with adversity that he could/should have overcome quite easily even if only temporarily.

Anyway, that's my opinion.

The timing of it has a part too. Had he quit at the end of 07-08 then he could have been respected for it. But doing so after the transfer window when everyone least expected it, was just petty and, in hindsight typical of him. Especially after he had pledged his 'love' for the club and acknowledged the special relationship with the club and fans (which differentiates it from West Ham I guess). I'd like to believe most strong minded people wouldn't misplace their 'principles' and acknowledge the special circumstances. I suspect Keegan is more in love with his own self righteousness than anything else.

Just such a car crash of a season. I don't see why I should hold Keegan in any kind of esteem or even respect him when he just gave up on us (arguably twice) when faced with adversity that he could/should have overcome quite easily even if only temporarily.

To be fair if the rumours are true about what happened on the last night of the transfer window then i'm not surprised he left. He was probably willing to ride it out until then.

I don't know what you expect Keegan to have done? Stay on? His head would've been on the chopping block when the fans realised our squad wasn't big or good enough. If he'd been given assurances about transfers which Ashley hadn't delivered he was well within his right. If you were in a job where promises that were made to you were went back on and it impacting badly on yourself you'd walk.

The timing of it has a part too. Had he quit at the end of 07-08 then he could have been respected for it. But doing so after the transfer window when everyone least expected it, was just petty and, in hindsight typical of him.

You think he should have predicted getting Xisco and Nacho forced on him and no access whatsoever to the Milner cash...depite assurances...and pre-empted it by quitting with no reason?

,,,and that this would have put a stop to the lies that he's a quitter?

:scratchchin:

Just such a car crash of a season. I don't see why I should hold Keegan in any kind of esteem when he just gave up on us (arguably twice) when faced with adversity that he could/should have overcome quite easily even if only temporarily.

In some other light the timing was the most logical one after the showdown talks in May. After being made false promises about transfers and getting players forced upon him when else do you expect someone to snap and throw a tantrum but when the transfer window has just closed and your are left empty handed and being made publically looking an idiot (Milner press conference) a couple of days earlier.

Again, I wouldn't expect other people like Shearer (Wenger and Ferguson said it themselves) to react any different. Though, for Keegan apparently it is typical because he is a serial quitter, a myth that actually tells more about its teller than about Keegan.

You think he should have predicted getting Xisco and Nacho forced on him and no access whatsoever to the Milner cash...depite assurances...and pre-empted it by quitting with no reason?

You know that's not what I meant.

a myth that actually tells more about its teller than about Keegan.

righto then :scratchchin:

Subsequent events have shown that KK was absolutely right in his decision that management at Newcastle was untenable. Anybody who thinks otherwise needs to get their head out of their arse.

You're 15, I wouldn't expect anything else from a kid who only knows what the general media spout :razz:

So it's total media fabrication that K has a tendency to throw in the towel and quit as soon the pressure is on or that he doesnt get everything his way?

You always turn up in these KK threads having a pop. :scratchchin:

Subsequent events have shown that KK was absolutely right in his decision that management at Newcastle was untenable. Anybody who thinks otherwise needs to get their head out of their arse.

Quite.

Tbh, his departures are mainly based around his feeling at the time; "Furthest I can take the club" and "I wish to retire at the end of the season".

When the pressure gets going, he's off.

Newcastle - made to leave because he they wanted him to sign a longer contract that he was happy to do so, just so the float went well. Evidently more concerned about their own wealth than him being manager. When he said no they said the only option was to resign.

Fulham - intended to carry on as well as lead England (a job no-one wanted at the time). Tried it, couldn't give Fulham the attention he felt it deserved so resigned. Can't blame him for wanting a crack at leading his country. What often gets lost in history was that he wasn't Fulham manager to start with - Ray Wilkins was. KK was DOF. When Wilkins got the boot, did KK 'quit'? Nope he took the managerial job on. Hardly the actions of a quitter.

England - the only job he quit. Felt he couldn't offer any more.

Man City - he made a comment that he would be retiring from football once his contract had expired, which would have been the end of the season and the press blew it all out of propotion. Because of that it caused unrest with the players and therefore they terminated his contract that week.

Newcastle - well we all know what happened back in September, don't we?

He actually admitted he felt tactically out of his depth at times at that level. Honorable to the core iyam.

To be fair if the rumours are true about what happened on the last night of the transfer window then i'm not surprised he left. He was probably willing to ride it out until then.

I don't know what you expect Keegan to have done? Stay on? His head would've been on the chopping block when the fans realised our squad wasn't big or good enough. If he'd been given assurances about transfers which Ashley hadn't delivered he was well within his right. If you were in a job where promises that were made to you were went back on and it impacting badly on yourself you'd walk.

NO he wouldn't cause wankface44 isn't a quitter alright!! :scratchchin::razz: