Police using choke holds on women.

Park Life

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/vide...gsnorth-arrests

Yorkshire police at it again.

Two female protesters who challenged police officers for not displaying their badge numbers were bundled to the ground, arrested and held in prison for four days, according to an official complaint lodged today.

The incident was caught on camera, and footage shows officers standing on the women's feet and applying pressure to their necks immediately after the women attempted to photograph a fellow officer who had refused to give his badge number.

The images are likely to fuel concern over the policing of protests, which is already subject to a review by the national police inspectorate and two parliamentary inquiries after the G20 demonstrations and the death of Ian Tomlinson.

Val Swain, 43, and Emily Apple, 33, both mothers with young children, believe they were deliberately targeted for arrest at last year's climate camp demonstration in Kent because they campaign for Fit Watch, a protest group that opposes police surveillance at demonstrations.

The pair were remanded to a women's prison for four days and released only after the demonstration against the Kingsnorth power station had finished. They believe their treatment is symptomatic of the increasingly aggressive approach taken by police at political demonstrations."

Edited by Park Life

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfectly acceptable behaviour they deserved it [/average toontastic poster] :icon_lol:

Police should have tickle sticks and full use of the naughty step and if either are used inappropriately by an individual, the entire force should be dismantled[/Fop]

The video is pretty damn shocking to watch, basically being choked, beaten, tied up (basically bound like chickens with belts :icon_lol:) and abused for doing nothing at all but holding the police to account.

UK or Iran? :icon_lol:

The video is pretty damn shocking to watch, basically being choked, beaten, tied up (basically bound like chickens with belts :icon_lol:) and abused for doing nothing at all but holding the police to account.

Fopper tries to slip Iran into another thread. :icon_lol:

Perfectly acceptable behaviour they deserved it [/average toontastic poster] :icon_lol:

Police should have tickle sticks and full use of the naughty step and if either are used inappropriately by an individual, the entire force should be dismantled[/Fop]

Maybe you could answer some of these then Chris?

1. What did they do wrong in the first place? Is taking photos of police and asking for their ID number a crime?

2. What did they do to need to be "choked out" (when pressure is put on the wind pipe until the victim basically collapses from lack of oxygen)?

3. What did they do to need to be bound with straps at the ankles and knees (as well as already being handcuffed and on the ground with several police officers on them)?

4. Why were they immediately imprisoned without possibility of bail for 4 days? (especially given all charges were dropped?)

Seriously if you think the police should be allowed to get away with the stuff they do in that video, frankly you are a moron.

Fopper tries to slip Iran into another thread. :icon_lol:

Thing is you'd expect it there - Fop wonders if Renton thinks the Iranian police are worse so therefore what the UK police did in the video is "fine". :icon_lol:

Fop, when is force appropriate?

Watch the video, and say that was "appropriate".

Oh and then answer the questions Happy Face won't dare to answer. :icon_lol:

1. What did they do wrong in the first place? Is taking photos of police and asking for their ID number a crime?

2. What did they do to need to be "choked out" (when pressure is put on the wind pipe until the victim basically collapses from lack of oxygen)?

3. What did they do to need to be bound with straps at the ankles and knees (as well as already being handcuffed and on the ground with several police officers on them)?

4. Why were they immediately imprisoned without possibility of bail for 4 days? (especially given all charges were dropped?)

Seriously if you think the police should be allowed to get away with the stuff they do in that video, frankly you are a moron.

I was lampooning your opinion, in the same way you lampooned the rest of toontastic. Just a clever piece of satire with no reference whatsoever to my personal opinion or viewpoint expressed on this specific video. A witty spoof of your clearly more nuanced view of policing and it's importance.

When will people learn? Don't fuck with the police.

I've never been forcibly restrained by the police, that's because I don't waste my fucking time complaining about police filming a fucking protest. What sort of a loser spends their days doing that? Ship them out.

I was lampooning your opinion, in the same way you lampooned the rest of toontastic. Just a clever piece of satire with no reference whatsoever to my personal opinion or viewpoint expressed on this specific video. A witty spoof of your clearly more nuanced view of policing and it's importance.

See Fop said you'd not dare answer the questions. :icon_lol:

Funny how Fop's "witty spoof" actually occurred though, where as your "witty spoof" is just the usual :icon_lol: playing to the same crowd. :icon_lol:

So you do think it was wrong and the entire force should be dismantled then? :icon_lol:

I've never been forcibly restrained by the police, that's because I don't waste my fucking time complaining about police filming a fucking protest. What sort of a loser spends their days doing that? Ship them out.

:icon_lol:

Normally that would be fine but they are white English people in this instance. :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

(see Chris? :icon_lol: )

Watch the video.

If taking pictures of the police and asking for their ID numbers (which should be given and displayed anyway) is "fucking" with the police then this country is a police state.

Whether you agree with their demonstration or not, you should not be treated like that for doing what they were doing. Not in a "free" democracy. :icon_lol:

Fop, when is force appropriate?

Watch the video, and say that was "appropriate".

Oh and then answer the questions Happy Face won't dare to answer. :icon_lol:

Fop, why should I answer your questions when you refuse to answer my, rather straight forward, inquiry?

fwiw I don't think that choking a woman is appropriate, but then i'm not facing a protesting group, I'm not the fella charged with "upholding the law" and I'm not enduring a shit job day in, day out dealing predominately with less than pleasant folk.

So I ask again, When is force appropriate?

(see Chris? :icon_lol: )

Watch the video.

If taking pictures of the police and asking for their ID numbers (which should be given and displayed anyway) is "fucking" with the police then this country is a police state.

Whether you agree with their demonstration or not, you should not be treated like that for doing what they were doing. Not in a "free" democracy. :icon_lol:

Someone introduces straw man at this point to do with policing in Chechnya or Leatherhead or summat. :icon_lol:

Edited by Park Life

See Fop said you'd not dare answer the questions. :icon_lol:

Funny how Fop's "witty spoof" actually occurred though, where as your "witty spoof" is just the usual :icon_lol: playing to the same crowd. :icon_lol:

So you do think it was wrong and the entire force should be dismantled then? :icon_lol:

Concentrate on the fish, true to his name he seems keener to bite with this bait.

Were the police misbehaving before these two WUMs began to needlessly provoke them? If they hadve kept their heads down then they would have been fine.