Police using choke holds on women.

Park Life

Fop, when is force appropriate?

Watch the video, and say that was "appropriate".

Oh and then answer the questions Happy Face won't dare to answer. :icon_lol:

Fop, why should I answer your questions when you refuse to answer my, rather straight forward, inquiry?

fwiw I don't think that choking a woman is appropriate, but then i'm not facing a protesting group, I'm not the fella charged with "upholding the law" and I'm not enduring a shit job day in, day out dealing predominately with less than pleasant folk.

So I ask again, When is force appropriate?

When is force appropriate?

1. When someone is doing something illegal - that's always a good start - was what they were doing illegal?

2. When someone is being violent after being caught doing something illegal - were they being violent? Were they resisting enough to justify being choked into semi-unconsciousness and then being handcuffed behind the back, then bound with straps at the knees and ankles?

Now answer Fop's questions. :icon_lol:

Oh and it is interesting you seem to think that having a "bad day" justifies it though. :icon_lol:

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If taking pictures of the police and asking for their ID numbers (which should be given and displayed anyway) is "fucking" with the police then this country is a police state.

Were the police misbehaving before these two WUMs began to needlessly provoke them? If they hadve kept their heads down then they would have been fine.

:icon_lol:

I had classic schizo thoughts on this - the coppers were complete aresholes but part of me agrees that they "asked for it". As others have said they SHOULD be allowed to monitor the police but anyone vaguely sensible knows its just not worth it.

Fop, when is force appropriate?

Watch the video, and say that was "appropriate".

Oh and then answer the questions Happy Face won't dare to answer. :icon_lol:

Fop, why should I answer your questions when you refuse to answer my, rather straight forward, inquiry?

fwiw I don't think that choking a woman is appropriate, but then i'm not facing a protesting group, I'm not the fella charged with "upholding the law" and I'm not enduring a shit job day in, day out dealing predominately with less than pleasant folk.

So I ask again, When is force appropriate?

When is force appropriate?

1. When someone is doing something illegal - that's always a good start - was what they were doing illegal?

2. When someone is being violent after being caught doing something illegal - were they being violent? Were they resisting enough to justify being choked into semi-unconsciousness and then being handcuffed behind the back, then bound with straps at the knees and ankles?

Now answer Fop's questions. :icon_lol:

Oh and it is interesting you seem to think that having a "bad day" justifies it though. :icon_lol:

I'm not sure how they were held for four days like that in good ole Englander. :icon_lol:

I had classic schizo thoughts on this - the coppers were complete aresholes but part of me agrees that they "asked for it". As others have said they SHOULD be allowed to monitor the police but anyone vaguely sensible knows its just not worth it.

How so?

If taking pictures of the police and asking for their ID numbers (which should be given and displayed anyway) is "fucking" with the police then this country is a police state.

Were the police misbehaving before these two WUMs began to needlessly provoke them? If they hadve kept their heads down then they would have been fine.

Yes, they weren't displaying IDs.

And again is photographing the police and asking them for their ID number illegal (or a terrorist act)? Ask a property conveyubermancer if you need to consult on this fine point of law. :icon_lol:

I'm not sure how they were held for four days like that in good ole Englander. :icon_lol:

Probably be anti-terror law.

It never is...... until they come for you. :icon_lol:

I can't see the video, so I'll ask, were the protestors screaming and being antagonistic, or were they models of restraint and calm discussion?

How so?

My ideallist half thinks everyone should rage against the machine any chance they get - on the other hand my cynical side thinks its a waste of time.

I realise its only through past "ragers" that we have the notional freedoms we do have but I still think its a case of getting what you ask for.

Concentrate on the fish, true to his name he seems keener to bite with this bait.

Coward. :icon_lol:

Never argue with a fool.....

Never ask the police for their ID number. :icon_lol:

I can't see the video, so I'll ask, were the protestors screaming and being antagonistic, or were they models of restraint and calm discussion?

Repeatedly (maybe 3 or 4 times) asking for the coppers number in a very reasonable tone.

Yes, they weren't displaying IDs.

And again is photographing the police and asking them for their ID number illegal (or a terrorist act)? Ask a property conveyubermancer if you need to consult on this fine point of law. :icon_lol:

They weren't misbehaving though. These two are the kind who'll go out of their way to be an annoyance just for the sake of it, the only way they'll change anything is if one of them dies, that's the sort of commitment that's needed.

Maybe they'll think twice about pulling the same stunt again.

As I've said before, this kind of treatment has been standard for football fans for 30 years - you get used to it and probably sadly learn not to react.

They were just asking quite reasonably why the copper didn't have visible id, and her mate was taking some pictures. All totally within the law as far as I know. Just middle class white birds not skanks, deviants, skells or crusties etc....

That. (one was being somewhat bolshy, but only in the context of repeatedly asking for an ID number and saying they have to give it, the one with the camera was doing nothing put taking photos) Till the police jumped on them for no reason, even then they were just passively resisting whilst being choked out and bound up like chickens.

Like Fop said watch the video, it's utterly appalling.

How so?

My ideallist half thinks everyone should rage against the machine any chance they get - on the other hand my cynical side thinks its a waste of time.

I realise its only through past "ragers" that we have the notional freedoms we do have but I still think its a case of getting what you ask for.

Winds me up seeing middle class rah-rah's trying to catch out police doing a difficult job (one that fewer and fewer people want to do), in the hope of getting some of them struck off. If they had an actual cause to protest I would have some sympathy, but when their sole purpose is to goad I think "fuck em!".

Like my brother holding his finger in front of my face and insisting he's doing nowt wrong. Course I'm going to go into a rage and flay him.

They weren't misbehaving though. These two are the kind who'll go out of their way to be an annoyance just for the sake of it, the only way they'll change anything is if one of them dies, that's the sort of commitment that's needed.

Maybe they'll think twice about pulling the same stunt again.

Do you honestly believe that if no one monitors the law/freedom it stays perfectly balanced?

The video clearly demonstrates it does not.

As I've said before, this kind of treatment has been standard for football fans for 30 years - you get used to it and probably sadly learn not to react.

Absolutely, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Fucking shocking stuff. The police have always been cunts though, worse in the past.

Not seen the video like but if parky and fop are up in arms then something can't be right.:icon_lol:

I know my pressure points. :icon_lol:

Winds me up seeing middle class rah-rah's trying to catch out police doing a difficult job (one that fewer and fewer people want to do), in the hope of getting some of them struck off. If they had an actual cause to protest I would have some sympathy, but when their sole purpose is to goad I think "fuck em!".

Like my brother holding his finger in front of my face and insisting he's doing nowt wrong. Course I'm going to go into a rage and flay him.

You don't believe in climate change?

Not that it has anything to do with the principle in question, of course.

For years the most draconian laws and biggest spy network in the UK was at the behest of the Dept of Transport (:icon_lol:) and concentrated on anti-road protesters, vast amounts of money and man-power and legislation was thrown at it.

Recentish events and recent anti-terror laws have changed this balance somewhat, but still people have a right to protest.

And people still have the "right" not to be arrested for doing nothing wrong - whether you hate them or not Chris. :icon_lol:

You don't believe in climate change?

Not that it has anything to do with the principle in question, of course.

For years the most draconian laws and biggest spy network in the UK was at the behest of the Dept of Transport (:icon_lol:) and concentrated on anti-road protesters, vast amounts of money and man-power and legislation was thrown at it.

Recentish events and recent anti-terror laws have changed this balance somewhat, but still people have a right to protest.

And people still have the "right" not to be arrested for doing nothing wrong - whether you hate them or not Chris. :icon_lol:

Not if they're middle class though. :icon_lol: