Police using choke holds on women.

Park Life

Winds me up seeing middle class rah-rah's trying to catch out police doing a difficult job (one that fewer and fewer people want to do), in the hope of getting some of them struck off. If they had an actual cause to protest I would have some sympathy, but when their sole purpose is to goad I think "fuck em!".

Those women are members of FITwatch - a group spefically set up to monitor those coppers whose business it is to provide intelligence on protests so you could say they are asking for it by definition.

Again in two minds I think the pursuit of "Intelligence" on protestors who usually turn out to be rich gap year idiots is generally a waste of time but I can see why they do it.

Their utopia would be database of everyone's interests and "pressure points" - I think thats what the internet/email monitoring idea is all about.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winds me up seeing middle class rah-rah's trying to catch out police doing a difficult job (one that fewer and fewer people want to do), in the hope of getting some of them struck off. If they had an actual cause to protest I would have some sympathy, but when their sole purpose is to goad I think "fuck em!".

Like my brother holding his finger in front of my face and insisting he's doing nowt wrong. Course I'm going to go into a rage and flay him.

You don't believe in climate change?

That's not their purpose. Fit Watch are opposed to Police surveillence.

http://fitwatch.blogspot.com/

Fit Watch are a fluid group of people who have come together to resist and oppose the tactics of the Forward Intelligence Teams. We aim to act in solidarity with each other, supporting campaigns by being at meetings and protests, making it harder for the police to film and gather intelligence.

Did you watch the video? You have to go more than a few minutes for the context.

Those women are members of FITwatch - a group spefically set up to monitor those coppers whose business it is to provide intelligence on protests so you could say they are asking for it by definition.

Again in two minds I think the pursuit of "Intelligence" on protestors who usually turn out to be rich gap year idiots is generally a waste of time but I can see why they do it.

Their utopia would be database of everyone's interests and "pressure points" - I think thats what the internet/email monitoring idea is all about.

History proves time and time again that you can't rely on the working class. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Like my brother holding his finger in front of my face and insisting he's doing nowt wrong. Course I'm going to go into a rage and flay him.

Fit Watch are a fluid group of people who have come together to resist and oppose the tactics of the Forward Intelligence Teams. We aim to act in solidarity with each other, supporting campaigns by being at meetings and protests, making it harder for the police to film and gather intelligence.

Did you watch the video? You have to go more than a few minutes for the context.

Wots wrong with that?

Were these two there to protest about climate change? I thought they were there to protest about the police filming the protest i.e. Just to make a nuisance of themselves.

I dunno Fop, just seems you hold the police to a higher standard than people you agree with.

The police have to be held to a high standard, if not them then who?

Fop doesn't disagree with the police, just their actions when they do stuff like this (and frankly the current system of overseeing them).

"During 2002, they arrested me four times in three months, raided my house, seized my personal diaries and tried very hard, but unsuccessfully, to have me remanded.

None of the charges came to court, and eventually I received compensation. However, I was driven so far over the edge I ended up drinking heavily to the point I broke down and was admitted to hospital, vomiting blood, on a drip and hallucinating cops in the place of paramedics.

It never occurred to me to challenge this policing – even ending up in hospital didn't make me realise we needed a collective response. And my experiences, although extreme, were by no means isolated. Many people had breakdowns, or simply withdrew from political activity because they couldn't deal with the levels of police harassment.

The police have always sought to justify their actions against me, and others like me, on the grounds we are the nasty protesters – the ones they warn about when they spin media stories about hardcore troublemakers arriving at climate camps. This subtext was made crystal clear at our bail hearing after the Kingsnorth incident – the crown prosecutor described us as "violent" and said the "police were anxious" we would go back to the camp, "create disorder" and "put people in fear of mental and physical injury". However, as the video shows, we did nothing other than try to monitor the policing operation." Emily Apple.

Aye, they are a response to the ever increasing use of anti-terror law at things like climate camps.

Again the UK used to have a bigger department (and spend more money) on keeping tabs on road protesters than their did the IRA at the height of the violence. :icon_lol:

Those people are only doing a job that the Government itself should be doing - and they are doing nothing illegal and nothing wrong (do you think Liberty is illegal and should be closed down btw?).

And now that you've fully manoeuvred yourself into an "anti" position (:icon_lol:) with those demonstrators are you going to answer Fop's questions?

Or are you still too much of a coward? As clearly your "don't argue" :icon_lol: was just more yellow drivel. :icon_lol:

Wots wrong with that?

Do they try to stop them taking pictures outside Finsbury Park mosque?

"During 2002, they arrested me four times in three months, raided my house, seized my personal diaries and tried very hard, but unsuccessfully, to have me remanded.

None of the charges came to court, and eventually I received compensation. However, I was driven so far over the edge I ended up drinking heavily to the point I broke down and was admitted to hospital, vomiting blood, on a drip and hallucinating cops in the place of paramedics.

It never occurred to me to challenge this policing – even ending up in hospital didn't make me realise we needed a collective response. And my experiences, although extreme, were by no means isolated. Many people had breakdowns, or simply withdrew from political activity because they couldn't deal with the levels of police harassment.

The police have always sought to justify their actions against me, and others like me, on the grounds we are the nasty protesters – the ones they warn about when they spin media stories about hardcore troublemakers arriving at climate camps. This subtext was made crystal clear at our bail hearing after the Kingsnorth incident – the crown prosecutor described us as "violent" and said the "police were anxious" we would go back to the camp, "create disorder" and "put people in fear of mental and physical injury". However, as the video shows, we did nothing other than try to monitor the policing operation." Emily Apple.

Like the fella that went to a climate camp, then was put on the police suspicious vehicle data base and is constantly stopped for the heinous "crime" of attending a climate camp.

Police are there to protect the public, not to serve political agendas (or at least that is what Fop thinks they should be - Fish, Chris, Ewok, and Renton perhaps believe otherwise).

Wots wrong with that?

The working class are shit at this stuff though. Middle class women ftw.

If they do, should they be arrested, choked into semi-unconsciousness, beaten, handcuffed, bound at the knees and ankles and imprisoned for 4 days for doing so?

do you think Liberty is illegal and should be closed down btw?

No. Are you saying the police force should?

Of course you aren't.

And now that you've fully manoeuvred yourself into an "anti" position (:icon_lol:) with those demonstrators are you going to answer Fop's questions?

Or are you still too much of a coward? As clearly your "don't argue" :icon_lol: was just more yellow drivel. :icon_lol:

I gave my opinion further up. They've done nowt wrong technically. But they're arseholes.

Of course you aren't.

I gave my opinion further up. They've done nowt wrong technically. But they're arseholes.

Psychologists call this displacement. Normally Muslims, gap year kids or chavs fit the bill, but in this case it is probably too close to call. :icon_lol:

Of course you aren't.

So why is not ok to take illegal action against Liberty, and yet (according to you) fine to take illegal action against these? :scratchhead:

So it's "ok" for the police to do whatever they want to people so long as they are arseholes (or Chris Holt thinks they are arseholes anyway?). :icon_lol:

Holt's Law. :icon_lol:

If they do, should they be arrested, choked into semi-unconsciousness, beaten, handcuffed, bound at the knees and ankles and imprisoned for 4 days for doing so?

No.

Should the police consult fit watch to decide which protests are worthy of being monitored?

Religious hate speech.

Animal rights protesters.

Anti-globalisation

etc.

Should the police be made to leave them all to get on with it?

I dunno Fop, just seems you hold the police to a higher standard than people you agree with.

Fop doesn't disagree with the police, just their actions when they do stuff like this (and frankly the current system of overseeing them).

I've just never seen you posting anything about the police doing a good job, and I've never seen you post anything to the detriment of the protesters.

People seem to forget that the police are just normal people who do an incredibly tough job and get slated by earnest hand wringing folk who want an omelette, but don't want any broken eggs.

It's entirely possible for protestors to scream and antagonise and be aggressive to police, then the moment the police move to subdue the crowd, cry foul and complain that it's not fair.

I've sympathy for people who're genuinely victims of an abuse of power, but I have to wonder; if people respected the police a little more, would the police need to use any of the things that the same disrespectful folk say are inappropriate?

It's all well and good crying for reform, but (unsurprisingly) it's not black and white, there needs to be compromise on both sides of the street.

Psychologists call this displacement. Normally Muslims, gap year kids or chavs fit the bill, but in this case it is probably too close to call. :icon_lol:

Muslims and foolish people that work in muslin factories. :icon_lol:

Of course you aren't.

So why is not ok to take illegal action against Liberty, and yet (according to you) fine to take illegal action against these? :scratchhead:

So it's "ok" for the police to do whatever they want to people so long as they are arseholes (or Chris Holt thinks they are arseholes anyway?). :icon_lol:

Holt's Law. :icon_lol:

How many times do I need to say it's not ok for them to do what they want?

The police are arseholes for biting too.

No.

Then what is your point in this thread? :icon_lol: (besides arbitrarily trying to disagree with Fop of course :icon_lol:)

Should the police consult fit watch to decide which protests are worthy of being monitored?

Religious hate speech.

Anti-globalisation

etc.

Yes, of course they should, so long as it is legal (which it is).

How many times do I need to say it's not ok for them to do what they want?

But it is quite ok (and legal) for them to do what they were doing. :icon_lol:

The police are arseholes for biting too.

Assault, kidnapping and illegal detention..... a tad more than "biting".

No.

Then what is your point in this thread? :icon_lol: (besides arbitrarily trying to disagree with Fop of course :icon_lol: )

Religious hate speech.

Anti-globalisation

etc.

Yes, of course they should, so long as it is legal (which it is).

Well as long as they promise to behave themselves, I'm sure eveything would be fine :icon_lol:

I've just never seen you posting anything about the police doing a good job, and I've never seen you post anything to the detriment of the protesters.

They were doing nothing illegal, the police were.

The police are given great power and exception to the rules that "common" people have to live by, as such they have to live up to them (or have sufficient checks in place to make them).

People seem to forget that the police are just normal people who do an incredibly tough job and get slated by earnest hand wringing folk who want an omelette, but don't want any broken eggs.

It's entirely possible for protestors to scream and antagonise and be aggressive to police, then the moment the police move to subdue the crowd, cry foul and complain that it's not fair.

I've sympathy for people who're genuinely victims of an abuse of power, but I have to wonder; if people respected the police a little more, would the police need to use any of the things that the same disrespectful folk say are inappropriate?

It's all well and good crying for reform, but (unsurprisingly) it's not black and white, there needs to be compromise on both sides of the street.

The police choose that job (and they are quite capable of showing restraint in the face of being hit on the head with poles and having metal fencing thrown at them when political needs suit :icon_lol: ), it's like saying a teacher that gets sick of unruly kids and starts beating them is just stressed and should be left to get on with it. :icon_lol:

Well as long as they promise to behave themselves, I'm sure eveything would be fine :icon_lol:

If you're doing nothing illegal you're doing nothing illegal (and they weren't).

Or is it ok to be arrested now on the pretence that you might do something illegal, maybe, at some point in the future? :icon_lol: (or just if someone is having a bad day?)