An example of why I don't get on with my sisters...

The Fish

Text from my sister Anne: "Do you live near an ASDA or a TESCO? Urgent"

I, thinking there's some great deal on sausages "I live near an ASDA, Why?"

Anne: "Birthday."

that miserable, fat slag of a sister is going to get me vouchers... and not HMV vouchers, or book tokens or anything that comes close to being that goood, but Supermarket Vouchers. If that doesn't say "I don't care what you like, you're not eating into my valuable sitting down and eating time... But I like chocolate cake so you should go to the store where all the chavs who annoy you so much shop, and (because I am just that lazy) buy it for yourself." I don't know what does. Fucks sake, that's so typical of her. It won't even be a nice amount so I could get myself a decent toaster or something, no, balls to that, it'll be £15 or something. I'd honestly be less pissed at her if she'd bought me a £5 CD voucher or just got me a card, or nothing at all. how mental is that I'd rather no present at all than this p.o.s.

bear in mind my other sister is travelling down to London to watch Derren Brown, as her gift to me, she's taking me along and is going to buy me dinner. Now in truth, I'm not that bothered about watching Derren Brown I appreciate the effort and thought she's put into the gift. This other one is just ... lazy.

I realise this makes me sound ungrateful but seriously, she just can't be arsed. I don't get on with her, but at least I put in the effort to try and find her something I think she'll like.

Edited by The Fish

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good judge of character by the sounds of it. Her that is :o

;)

I'm only going to end up spending the voucher on toilet roll or something and I'll fail to set aside the value for soemthing that I actually want.

Good judge of character by the sounds of it. Her that is :o

;)

I'm only going to end up spending the voucher on toilet roll or something and I'll fail to set aside the value for soemthing that I actually want.

Buy booze. Put it towards a bottle of Grey Goose or something.

Aye probably. (she could have just bought me a bottle of Grey Goose like... it's not like my preference for that is a secret :o )

Come off it Renton, if your sister could only be bothered to get you a supermarket voucher, you'd feel a little put out too. I couldn't care if she could only manage a phonecall, but it's not that she's broke, it's that she couldn't give a shit.

Perhaps she's seeing that you are ok for food and stuff?

A few mates at Uni were only ever given supermarket vouchers and not cash off their parents so that they wouldn't squander it on shite.

A few mates at Uni were only ever given supermarket vouchers and not cash off their parents so that they wouldn't squander it on shite.

:o I could understand if I was at Uni, or if she was concerned about my diet, but I know that neither of those are true. Oh, by the way Renton, I'd put all the money in my pocket against all the money in yours that she didn't remember herself. It's remarkable that ever since Facebook's come along she's not forgot one of my birthdays.

Aye but he's not 18 and it is his birthday.

Do you have to be 18 to squander money like? :o

You're going out on a date with your sister for your birthday?

yeah, great isn't it .... ;):razz:

Depends. :o

It's not the fat one anyway.

Do you have to be 18 to squander money like? :o

Nah. How old are you?

Do you have to be 18 to squander money like? ;)

Nah. How old are you?

Old enough to be grateful for mere Asda vouchers :o

Do you have to be 18 to squander money like? :razz:

Nah. How old are you?

For your birthday? ;)

What's the point in vouchers anyway? Like money only much less widely accepted.

yeah, great isn't it .... :razz::scratchhead:

Depends. ;)

yeah, it is :o

Honestly? The "where we go" part is up to me, she's a fussy eater, doesn't like most "foreign food", so I've got to stick to Italian or American (I know I know). I've been looking for a family restaurant so that ther'es no confusion as to why there's a lad and a lass of similar age sitting alone together. I'm that concious of being seen with her. :scratchhead: I know I'm a shit brother, but they're not great siblings either :aye:

Do you have to be 18 to squander money like? :razz:

Nah. How old are you?

For your birthday? ;)

What's the point in vouchers anyway? Like money only much less widely accepted.

I would actually be grateful for that :scratchhead:

Depends. ;)

Honestly? The "where we go" part is up to me, she's a fussy eater, doesn't like most "foreign food", so I've got to stick to Italian or American (I know I know). I've been looking for a family restaurant so that ther'es no confusion as to why there's a lad and a lass of similar age sitting alone together. I'm that concious of being seen with her. :scratchhead: I know I'm a shit brother, but they're not great siblings either :aye:

Not the obese one then.

Depends. ;)

Not the obese one then.

They're both obese.

and hips, read the post numbnuts, I said I'd rather not receive one, than receive what is essentially a "I couldn't give a shit" card.

alex is right, a voucher is just money that restricts where you spend it.

Edited by The Fish

yeah, great isn't it .... :scratchhead::aye:

Depends. ;)

Honestly? The "where we go" part is up to me, she's a fussy eater, doesn't like most "foreign food", so I've got to stick to Italian or American (I know I know). I've been looking for a family restaurant so that ther'es no confusion as to why there's a lad and a lass of similar age sitting alone together. I'm that concious of being seen with her. :scratchhead: I know I'm a shit brother, but they're not great siblings either :scratchhead:

So you slag off the sister who gets you a voucher and you're ashamed of the sister who has put in the thought and effort to visit you? :razz: