An example of why I don't get on with my sisters...

The Fish

I have, many many times mate. Both sisters "comfort eat", which would be manageable if they didn't also "boredom eat", "celebrate eat" "comiserate eat" etc etc.

I've tried to get them into exercise, tried to get them trying new healthier foods, tried to get them just to cutdown on their intake, but to no avail.

My eldest sister desperately wants children but she is too large to conceive , it sounds awful but I had hoped than this would bring to light the state of play. But despite being devestated she hasn't done anything to radically change her lifestyle. Instead of thinking, "right, I'm not letting a manageable thing like wieght stand between me and my dream", she's thinking "Well, it's too hard, so what's the point"

Also, she's recently been told that she's not going to be eligible to adopt until she improves her health. :o

Like I've said, I might not get on with her, but I still want her to be happy.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
I have, many many times mate. Both sisters "comfort eat", which would be manageable if they didn't also "boredom eat", "celebrate eat" "comiserate eat" etc etc.

I've tried to get them into exercise, tried to get them trying new healthier foods, tried to get them just to cutdown on their intake, but to no avail.

My eldest sister desperately wants children but she is too large to conceive , it sounds awful but I had hoped than this would bring to light the state of play. But despite being devestated she hasn't done anything to radically change her lifestyle. Instead of thinking, "right, I'm not letting a manageable thing like wieght stand between me and my dream", she's thinking "Well, it's too hard, so what's the point"

Also, she's recently been told that she's not going to be eligible to adopt until she improves her health. :o

I reckon if you weren't such a whinging, boring cunt, the message might get through better. Start with complimenting them about something, make them feel good about themselves, then say but you're a fat cunt and you need to do a b and c to rectify it. It's all about charm, if you've got none, you're fucked, and that's why your relationship with the sisters is fucked too.

I reckon if you weren't such a whinging, boring cunt, the message might get through better. Start with complimenting them about something, make them feel good about themselves, then say but you're a fat cunt and you need to do a b and c to rectify it. It's all about charm, if you've got none, you're fucked, and that's why your relationship with the sisters is fucked too.

I reckon if you knew me from Adam I'd care what you reckon. Stevie I have tried complimenting them you spaz, I'm not suddenly coming to this realisation now. :o

And to get remarks about charm from someone who acts like you do is actually a compliment.

p.s. is "boring c*nt" your only insult? It's pretty boring, and pretty c*ntish to use the same insult every occasion don't you think?

p.p.s. is the reason you're having a nice little dig becuase you're a porker yourself? Fatties doing it for themselves? ;)

Also, she's recently been told that she's not going to be eligible to adopt until she improves her health. ;)

:o

I can see where Mr Fish is coming from, I'd be abit upset if my bruv or sis did the same for my birthday. Its not the amount of money as I'd be happy with something for a fiver, but there's no thought gone into it, its so impersonal. When I choose a pressie for my brother, sister or anyone I really put some thought into it. I am already planning their Xmas pressies! I love giving gifts but even if its just a small pressie for a work mate I try and find out what they actually like.

spoken like a true lady

You can buy me anything you like for Xmas

I'll put you on my list sweetie :o

Am I the only one who thinks this thread is way too personal?

It is a bit like. These often turn gold though :o

I know where you're coming from, but it's unlikely that many of you will ever come close to being in contact with me and certainly not my sisters, so I feel a certain degree of anonymity.

Am I the only one who thinks this thread is way too personal?

It is a bit like. These often turn gold though :o

I know where you're coming from, but it's unlikely that many of you will ever come close to being in contact with me and certainly not my sisters, so I feel a certain degree of anonymity.

Shame really.

Maybe if they knew, you wouldn't have to slate them behind their back.

As an aside, I would never expect any of my relatives to be aware that I want (for example) the new Dan Deacon LP. I find emailing my family my Amazon wishlist a good deterrant for those annoying cash/voucher gifts which I can't stand either (and even worse, a gift of something they think I might like....but invariably own already or ignored as it's not really up to scratch).

..and it's even less effort than going to Asdas for her.

Makey sure your wishlist has a range of prizes from £5 to £500 like.

As an aside, I would never expect any of my relatives to be aware that I want (for example) the new Dan Deacon LP. I find emailing my family my Amazon wishlist a good deterrant for those annoying cash/voucher gifts which I can't stand either (and even worse, a gift of something they think I might like....but invariably own already or ignored as it's not really up to scratch).

What the fuck? Are you being serious?

They do know. :o

Hmmm...and yet they still go out of their way to gift you shite you won't like.

;)

What did you get them for their birthday?

Well, one has gone to the effort of getting him a ticket for Derren Brown which personally I would think is a great present. And at least an Asda voucher is useful seeing as you can buy just about anything there.

Without being told? No.

Me and my parents don't really discuss what's happening in the US electronic scene.

They do know. ;)

:scratchhead:

Well, one has gone to the effort of getting him a ticket for Derren Brown which personally I would think is a great present. And at least an Asda voucher is useful seeing as you can buy just about anything there.

But he says he doesn't even like Derren Brown.

It's like when no-one else fancied going to see Joanna Newsom so I gave my mam one of the pair of tickets I'd bought for christmas. She'd never even heard of her. :o:razz:

Without being told? No.

Me and my parents don't really discuss what's happening in the US electronic scene.

Hmmm, having thought about it a wish list does make some sense, it's just so contrived though. Do you pretend to be surprised when you unwrap your present? I don't really see much difference between that and getting a voucher tbh. I'd rather just get a card tbh.

;)

I got the ASDA Voucher Sister a couple of Fantasy novels from a series that's she's in to and an Arts and crafts set. The latter because she's a Brownie leader and does a lot of that stuff.

the other sister I got her a signed program from the stars of Billy Elliot stage show and a couple of odds and sods.

Why?

Without being told? No.

Hmmm, having thought about it a wish list does make some sense, it's just so contrived though. Do you pretend to be surprised when you unwrap your present? I don't really see much difference between that and getting a voucher tbh. I'd rather just get a card tbh.

I agree it's similar to a voucher....but at least you get to unwrap a gift on your birthday rather than ordering shopping for something yourself 2 weeks later.

The danger is when people think like you, and rather than ordering from the wishlist, go off on a tangent and use the Amazon recommendations as a kind of thoughtful surprise.

:o

HEY McFLY!! STICK TO THE LIST!! I DON'T OWN A BLURAY PLAYER or a PS3!

;)

Edited by Happy Face

Not sure what all the fuss is about - i have never sent my brother or sisters a birthday or christmas card for 20 years and any time i see my brother it turns into a who can punch the other harder competition - i would consider you to be lucky you have a relationship with your siblings - many don't

;)

I got the ASDA Voucher Sister a couple of Fantasy novels from a series that's she's in to and an Arts and crafts set. The latter because she's a Brownie leader and does a lot of that stuff.

the other sister I got her a signed program from the stars of Billy Elliot stage show and a couple of odds and sods.

Why?

If you've told them before you don't really like vouchers I just wondered if they'd been similarly disgusted in the past and were getting you back. I was expecting you to say you got the fatty a diet book or summat.

This is the needle point for me. I can vividly recall having a conversation over dinner with the whole family there and my ranting on about how thoughtless buying vouchers are. If you're unclear as to what the person would like, go shopping with them, or give them the cash with a caveat that they "buy themselves something nice" or something.

(I have, in the past, bought one of them "Think yourself thin" by Ian McKenna, but I was trying to be nice. :o )