Laptop to TV

Kid Dynamite

That should be handled by the laptop and/or LCD screen.

I've got my laptop (Sony Vaio :D ) connected to my plasma (Pioneer 50" :icon_lol: ) with a bog standard VGA cable.

I'm considering buying a mac-mini to connect to my TV which will have all my downloaded tv shows, movies and music on. It can then sit in the stack neat and tidy and permanenty connected to the TV (and internet).

Bit extravagant but this is a thinly veiled brag thread after all.

mac mini's are great for that but get a decent fast hard drive for it. the 120gig one holds next to nowt.

The new one at 599 euros look like they are nice and quick. You just need an Intel for stuff like plex.

Mac-mini + Plex + Giganews + sabnzd+ = automated heaven.

mac mini's are great for that but get a decent fast hard drive for it. the 120gig one holds next to nowt.

The new one at 599 euros look like they are nice and quick. You just need an Intel for stuff like plex.

How about one of these ?

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/161524

How about one of these ?

Does it connect to the internet? You can set a pc up to search newsgroups for the latest tv shows / favourite movies automatically as they are posted. The mac can be set up to automatically search the tvdb or the imdb to bring all the artwork and information for whatever it is you've downloaded. Means it just sits there running searchs on newsgroups and storing your media. Lad on NO told me all about it. If that thing could connect to the internet and run software then it'd be a lot cheaper.

How about one of these ?

Does it connect to the internet? You can set a pc up to search newsgroups for the latest tv shows / favourite movies automatically as they are posted. The mac can be set up to automatically search the tvdb or the imdb to bring all the artwork and information for whatever it is you've downloaded. Means it just sits there running searchs on newsgroups and storing your media. Lad on NO told me all about it. If that thing could connect to the internet and run software then it'd be a lot cheaper.

No, you have to connect a storage device to it with the media preloaded, a good piece of kit for the price though.